It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

SimonPeter
reply to post by SuperFrog

At the time of Carl Sagans death I believe I heard that he had broken from the ranks and was researching the possibility of creation by Intelligent design or something to that effect . He must have lost faith in spontaneous creation .

Just rumors, the same goes about rumors about Christopher Hitchens. This prompted Richard Dawkins to say that when its his time, he will have many cameras just to kill any rumors.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Since you wrote two longish posts, I shall combine and comment on your quotes.

"According to scientists, 'Theory of Evolution' is exactly that, fact - proven theory. Just as I said, there has been some misunderstanding what word theory means. It is interesting that you ignore huge amount of data that points to ToE to be fact."

There is a lot of spin on TOE, and the spin continues. Interesting that you cannot prove any of the experiments you publish. Interesting that you cannot publish lab results that prove your theory despite having the capability and means.

"Question is - how much more evidence would be sufficient for you to understand that ToE is more than hypothesis? "

A single experiment that proves it without doubt. Create me a bacteria from elements without any contamination of live/dead bacteria from environment. Run this experiment on moon and create me a bacteria of the type I suggest.

"Sure, create topic about it. I am always willing to learn something new. We all have to learn a lot... At least we should agree on that... "

There is already a thread on the subject by "VedaTruth". You can take it up there.

"What if that knowledge shows (as it already does) that truth about God is that we actually created him, not other way around?

Should you consider yourself ignorant trying to deny all 'true knowledge' just for a reassuring peace of mind? "

Yes please. Prove. You are welcome.
But if you are unable to prove your statement, would you accept publically that you are the biggest fool?

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.-Carl Sagan"

Please do as Carl Sagan says. Why are you wasting time on ATS correcting those in delusion. Are you getting paid for posting?

"I dont believe in an afterlife so I dont have to spend my whole life fearing hell or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.-Isaac Asimov"

The mythical 'heaven' and 'hell' do not exist. Each soul has to get result (good/bad) in the same world. Just see around you and you will find plenty of 'living beings' in pain. This is sufficient for the wise to understand.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

SimonPeter

I would like to note here that I find the idea of consciousness transferring from life form to life form to be an exciting prospect, like a file from a video game character being wiped after the game is finished and switched to another character, in another game, again and again. Like every character in Skyrim being playable, but only one at a time, and no memory would exist of having played a previous character, nor would you know who you would play next. Exciting!
edit on 21-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Carl Sagan's death and beliefs cannot be an issue here. People have all kind of beliefs that they hold to their deaths.

I appreciate that you want to explore the idea of 're-birth'.

If you are willing to make an effort, I can point you to resources that may help you.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

GargIndia
A single experiment that proves it without doubt. Create me a bacteria from elements without any contamination of live/dead bacteria from environment. Run this experiment on moon and create me a bacteria of the type I suggest.

You know that theory of evolution does not cover that? Do you know difference between evolution and abiogenesis? Successful experiments that support abiogenesis were first done in 1950's - Miller–Urey experiment. More info about it: Magma Rise Sparked Life as We Know It?. This has not much to do with ToE.

GargIndia
There is already a thread on the subject by "VedaTruth". You can take it up there.

Will check it out later.

GargIndia
Yes please. Prove. You are welcome.
But if you are unable to prove your statement, would you accept publically that you are the biggest fool?

What, that we humans created many gods? Did you ever read any mythology book? Did you study history of for example Egypt?
There are many examples. and some of them date only back to recent history. The same goes for religion.

GargIndiaPlease do as Carl Sagan says. Why are you wasting time on ATS correcting those in delusion. Are you getting paid for posting?

Ouch... are you suggesting that there should not be conversation going? Things not going well? I don't think this is waste of time - you might even learn something. You might start listening to late Sagan as well:

GargIndiaThe mythical 'heaven' and 'hell' do not exist. Each soul has to get result (good/bad) in the same world. Just see around you and you will find plenty of 'living beings' in pain. This is sufficient for the wise to understand.

How do you know? I mean, how can you say with certainty that what you propose is correct, and everything else is not? What if all is fail, just as I am suggesting?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So you are an author. I have begun to enjoy discussion with you.

"You know that theory of evolution does not cover that? Do you know difference between evolution andabiogenesis? Successful experiments that support abiogenesis were first done in 1950's - Miller–Urey experiment. More info about it: Magma Rise Sparked Life as We Know It?. This has not much to do with ToE."

When you disprove 'creation by God', you have to prove 'creation by elements through chemical synthesis'. What other way is there? Anyway, not getting bogged down by terminology, please let me know did any branch of your science succeed in creating life artificially?

You say TOE does not cover origin of life. Very well. Please let me know what it 'covers'. I shall ask you something in that area of coverage.

"What, that we humans created many gods? Did you ever read any mythology book? Did you study history of for example Egypt?
There are many examples. and some of them date only back to recent history. The same goes for religion. "

You always get stuck in religion. This is the most unfortunate part.
Religion is besides the point. A seeker looks for truth, not religion.
There are 7 billion humans on this planet who think in 7 billion ways, as each soul is independent. Are we going to discuss 7 billion different ideas of God and creation?

"How do you know? I mean, how can you say with certainty that what you propose is correct, and everything else is not? What if all is fail, just as I am suggesting?"

No, you are wrong.
You need to study the Vedic view before we go any further as I do not want to keep on repeating.
I can point you to resources. You study that. You also need to read my previous posts by searching on ATS.
You unfortunately think Veda means Hinduism. The answer is NO. Hinduism includes views that openly clash with Vedic view. The most glaring example is 'idols of Gods' as Veda says there is no image of God. Veda says there is only one God whereas Hinduism contains many gods. When your knowledge is so weak, how can we discuss.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How can 'Carl Sagan' destroy 'creationism'.

These televised debates are made-up.

Come to India and face our group.

You will know then how big writer you are.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

GargIndia
How can 'Carl Sagan' destroy 'creationism'.

That would be title made by someone.

GargIndia
These televised debates are made-up.

That is no TV debate and it is not made-up. It is radio show, and different kind of people call, This particular one called in bad intent.

GargIndia
Come to India and face our group.

That sounds like welcoming message for lynch.

GargIndia
You will know then how big writer you are.

I am not writer, there is no 'writer' label on my avatar here... I am just Frog, a bit evolved...

Rest of other post is just repeat. After so many examples of evolution, abiogesis all you wrote is 'disapprove - Created by God'? You know that sounds just ridiculous. There is nothing to disprove, as to make you claim you would have to show examples of 'Created by God'.

I will spend a bit more time reading about vedic teaching, but from what I see so far, nothing new or good, as that is source origin of Hinduism caste system.
edit on 23-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Forget Carl Sagan.

We need to continue TOE.

Questions for you?

1. Tell me a 'definitive' definition of TOE. What does it covers and what not?
2. Give me a 'Bible' of TOE, the most prominent experiments or observations that lead to this theory. This is necessary as this theory has been spun so much that nobody knows anymore what it is based on.

Let us re-start with that. Then we shall discuss it step by step, scientifically.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"Rest of other post is just repeat. After so many examples of evolution, abiogesis all you wrote is 'disapprove - Created by God'? You know that sounds just ridiculous. There is nothing to disprove, as to make you claim you would have to show examples of 'Created by God'."

What the hell are you writing? Which of my words are you quoting?

If you want to quote, quote whole sentences.

You are intellectually weak and you simply do not know how to follow on your arguments.

"Created by God" - is an acceptance of a power beyond the power of humans. We may not understand that power very well, so we call that power 'God', not 'Michael', not 'Peter' etc.

"Created by God" is an acceptance that there are powers at work in the Universe which are beyond the faculties and abilities of humans.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

GargIndia
Forget Carl Sagan.

Why? I love his view, have his books and video. Wonder, have you seen his Cosmos series? (remake will start in 2 months, made by Dr. Tyson) One of greatest humans that ever lived.

GargIndia
We need to continue TOE.

Questions for you?

1. Tell me a 'definitive' definition of TOE. What does it covers and what not?

You know how to use dictionary?

www.merriam-webster.com...

Or at least wiki, but I would not depend highly on wiki, use reference in bottom to get real scientific work - links.

en.wikipedia.org...

GargIndia
2. Give me a 'Bible' of TOE, the most prominent experiments or observations that lead to this theory. This is necessary as this theory has been spun so much that nobody knows anymore what it is based on.

Let us re-start with that. Then we shall discuss it step by step, scientifically.

Again, making conclusion based on lack of self-education. No scientist will agree with your claim that nobody knows anymore what is based on. I posted many links from examples that support ToE, to details what really ToE is. Don't you thin that if you were discussing this, you would already know more about it?

GargIndia
What the hell are you writing? Which of my words are you quoting?

If you want to quote, quote whole sentences.

You are intellectually weak and you simply do not know how to follow on your arguments.

"Created by God" - is an acceptance of a power beyond the power of humans. We may not understand that power very well, so we call that power 'God', not 'Michael', not 'Peter' etc.

"Created by God" is an acceptance that there are powers at work in the Universe which are beyond the faculties and abilities of humans.

Not sure how do you measure someone intellect, must be one of those paranormal ability that you posses. I would not tell for you that you are intellectually weak, but delusional for sure.

Here is your sentence that I mentioned, care to point what you meant this time by 'Created by God'

GargIndia
When you disprove 'creation by God', you have to prove 'creation by elements through chemical synthesis'.

There is not much to disprove.

Conclusion, before i stop posting to this thread.

You are arguing against Theory of Evolution without complete understanding what really ToE is. It is sad that at the end you show wrong understanding of ToE, which for your info does not explain abiogenesis, but evolution of living organisms.

In the end, in absence of supportive evidence, you call me weak intellectually. Thank you, usually I don't expect much better from religious people. Seems to fit well with my other experience of so called 'enlightened' folks.

Thank you for fun ride...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you saying abiogenesis was creation ?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

SimonPeter

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Abiogenesis process explains life creation on planets. It is not creation itself, it is process in witch life gets created.

Why?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

1. Is "Meriam Webster" dictionary going to define TOE. Is that a book of science?

2. Are your examples going to prove TOE. Who are you - a cult leader? Give me a reference to a book or a document that clearly gives the experiments or observations that are basis of TOE?

You are repeatedly showing your basic lack of scientific methods, forget the knowledge.

Yes, I can prove without any trace of doubt that TOE is false and malicious.

I am really waiting to discuss 'Veda' with you. But I have no hope, as you are a hand-me-down person. Your only ability is quoting from Internet. You have no intelligence to understand even one verse of 'Veda'.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

SuperFrog

SimonPeter

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Abiogenesis process explains life creation on planets. It is not creation itself, it is process in witch life gets created.

Why?

Beating about the bush, as usual. Keep on inventing terms if you cannot reconcile to the facts.

Be a man and talk logically and methodically.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Abiogenesis does not explain DNA assimilation into a living cell .

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

One thing's for certain: ATS will believe anything as long as a "scientist" believes it too. Put a PhD behind an authors name and people will buy it.

Well. That's quite a dismissive thing to say.
So......are we to understand that education means nothing, then?
Just because people with doctorates publish papers and books, that does not mean they are conspiring to delude anyone.

sheesh
Science and the Afterlife Experience
edit on 3/16/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This kind of goes along with what aliens have been reported to say. That we will never be more than simple creatures if we do not realize the potential of the mind and what it will redefine reality to be.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's been postulated that Artificial Intelligence may one day evolve and over-take mankind....hmm.
What if WE are 'somebody's' AI creation......they chose flesh and cells; we chose wires and circuits.
Is it possible for AI to 'wake up'? Is mankind 'waking up'?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe it's possible I fell asleep and died on my way home late at night but instead of noticing anything, my consciousness simply woke up in a slightly different parallel universe. Some people were different. One person in particular had never undergone surgery. I was trying to figure things out and this was one possibility I thought of. What I didn't quite understand is why the version of me already in this reality doesn't remember the way things happened here. Maybe my memories overwrit any existing memories. I hope no one experiments with this idea. I'd hate to think I was the one who sparked the idea of overwriting your memory. Of course that could be good for those suffering from any memory or stress trama.

I also speculated that if the reason you died wasn't random and it was on purpose, all alternate realities had the same thing happen. You may have died in multiple different ways.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

A human is a very complex machine. The most wonderful part of human is the imagination. Humans are capable of constructing a fantastic virtual world and start believing that world.

This is the reason it is important to go to an able teacher to develop intellect that can differentiate, and allow humans to see the reality as it is.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join