It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need a "Think Tank" forum, we need something else...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I like the idea, and collaboration is pretty awesome. I see lot of persons mentioning they want to encourage team diversity, but I think this will happen naturally or can be encouraged by specific side prizes such as 'best new team'.

I'd like to see the members decide their own team sizes as much as possible. The less rules, guidelines, application forms, and moderators involved the better. In my head, I don't even see a huge issue with having solo teams. They will be at a disadvantage in research power, but it lets the person test the waters and show what they can do ... and they're likely to be approached by a friendly team for next time.

The only minor issue I can foresee is there would need to be a limit for prizes so 300 Spartans can't show up and ask for an ATS tee. It might seem backwards to allow solo teams in an event to encourage interaction, but I think in the long term the result will be more teams and more involvement.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Great idea it lets people come together without excluding others......I like it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The idea is good and I have been writing a website to do this for a while now. Just need testers...any takers? Anyway, on ATS there is the research forum which allows teams to focus on one topic and work together without the frustrations of others derailing or flaming.

What is the difference to the research forum and why would a staff member be necessary?

We are all adults and can manage and organise projects just as well as a staff member can and sometimes better than them too.
An independent team leader who is passionate about a project will not need a staff member to motivate the team players to continue the project. If he does, then the project members are not themselves passionate about the subject.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join