It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Surprising Reaction From Cop After Refusing Checkpoint Stop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
that cop will probably be demoted somehow by an outside force.
I commend him though.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What the most important thing we can learn from this video?

Respect goes a long way and I wish more of us practiced that.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Since there is no Reply button that I can tell, I have to click the one by your name.

How do we not know that these People in the Car didnt know this guy or he did not know them??

edit on 10-1-2014 by hoochymama23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That was US Border Patrol. They are generally very quick and polite because their job is to check for suspicious behavior of either drug or illegal immigrant trafficking. They actually want move you through to the next car if you seem sober, American and are not doing anything suspicious. Was he playing to the camera? Probably. The impromptu speech was the result of having a bit of training and knowledge of these types of videos. He may actually be shocked that the video was posted since it wasn't a "look at this gestapo nazi crap" type of video. In other words, he disarmed them with kindness so he could get to the next car while also taking the time to gage reactions.

One of my many stops when I was a truck driver had conversations like this. Me: Long day? Him: Yep. Just you in the truck? Still a US Citizen? Me: Yep...Still a US Citizen. Him: Have a nice day. Me: You too. But being in a semi, I had to drive under a thermal scanner that checked for extra people and there was a drug dog that sniffed the cab and didn't hit. So the experience was always a formality versus an engaged process. It was worse when I drove a straight box truck because of the cats in the sleeper area. They would see them and sometimes the dogs would smell them. Which always added the question if they were my cats. And my response of yeah, they can get in and out of Canada easier than I can. Do you need to see their paperwork? Which usually was a no or a question of what paperwork because they never heard of documented pets. Which was just a letter from the vet on letterhead for each of them with their names, general description and records of shots.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"Look at me! I'm a good cop and you can't fool me with a recording device. In fact, I'll just be overtly courteous and thank you for being amazing citizens in the happenstance that your video gets posted on youtube.... in which case I'll look like a badass."

He probably turned and laughed with his buddies after the car passed. "There goes another dumb#%^$ thinking they can attention...."

Am I the only person that can smell it when it's been stepped in?

All I'm saying is that the entire situation is an exaggeration/fabrication of what would actually happen if the camera wasn't there (on both sides).
edit on 11-1-2014 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

You seem to be one of the few here who is recognized this was not a cop or a police check point. He was a Border Patrol Agent at a border check point. Not ON the border, but likely within 25 miles, where they have the authority to question citizenship and nationality of anyone. See Title 8 USC, 8 C.F.R. 287.

He sized them up and knew they were just kids testing their chances. Not worth his time when he has likely had to chase high speed flighters, remove the dead immigrant carcases from trailers after they have suffocated or dehydrated, get shot at by mule dope smugglers etc.

What a joke. Yay - you won, now go home and play XBox in your dorm room.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama23

We don't know, you're right. Either way, I think we can agree that mutual respect can make those situations, as with many of lifes situations, easier and smoother.

That was my point.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Three pages before someone saw this checkpoint for what it really is.

Border Patrol, people. But not ON the border. Probably 25-40 miles inside. They are there (permanent checkpoints) to look for drugs and illegals who've been picked up after wading across the river. Notice he didn't ask if they'd been drinking? That's not what he's looking for. He asked if they were US citizens. Asked in a way to gauge the reaction. 'STILL a US citizen, sir (giggling)?' That may have gotten them a more indepth search.

But the kids knew their rights. The officer responded to that knowledge, and to the camera. In the brief exchange, he knew he had no cause to keep them.

Anyway. Border Patrol. The giveaway was before they even reached the Officer. Look at the Patrol car they pass on the left. The green diagonal stripe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join