It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true Christian is environment-friendly, else, God will destroy you too!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Revelations 11:18

The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”

Don't believe me??

Here are your supporting verses:

Luke 9:23-24
Luke 6:20-26
Matthew 10:39

Poor people leave very little environmental footprint compared to those who are not! Self-denial is part of following Christ - being a Christian! Self-denial and a range rover doesn't come together but self-denial, self-deception, and ranger rover does!

edit on 9-1-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
i would put that into the context of ...... say maybe, oh i dont know, depleted uranium weapons, dumping toxic and nuclear waste, GMO foods, DNA manipulation, not who leaves a light bulb on the longest.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, if Destroying the Earth is such an abominable crime, this little god has some things to answer for.

For instance, the five major Extinction Events in Earth's History.

The Permian-Triassic event killed off some 96% of the species on the entire planet.
If that's not "Destroying the Earth", then, hmmm.
Oh, and that one was about 250 Million Years ago ... long before humans, and even some dinosaur species.

Of course, we've the more well known K-Pg event that killed off the Dinosaurs some 65 Million years ago.
Smacking a rock of that size into a planet should certainly come close to the definition of "Destroying the Earth", no?

Acts of 'god' and all right?

... or wait, there's the perspective that humanity itself would count as part of the Earth, since, well, we are of the Earth.
Killing people on a large scale could then potentially qualify as "Destroying the Earth", perhaps?
Biblical Atrocities
I'm wondering if we count all the Direct Destruction, as well as Divinely sanctioned numbers of people tallied off in all the numbered Biblical Atrocities listed if we see numbers in the Millions.

Not that any such god actually exists, but, if anyone or anything ever comes along claiming those credentials, well, they, it, him, or whatever it is has some judgement on its own self for all these listed out crimes that need accounting for.

Hmmm.
I dunno. How does one judge a god?
Further, once a god is judged, what would be some fitting sentences?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Alicebeachwhite- your posts are always interesting. Please don't take this as me trying to be controversial, I'm just making this statement based on something we are all too familiar with

you said

Of course, we've the more well known K-Pg event that killed off the Dinosaurs some 65 Million years ago.
Smacking a rock of that size into a planet should certainly come close to the definition of "Destroying the Earth", no?

My question to you is do you really trust the history books that our society has deemed as "history" If you do believe in the illuminati ( proof is everywhere) than you would know they have control and monopolies on every single bank, government, politics, they start wars , and fund both sides ( the winners of war re -write history), they own the pharmaceutical companies, they decide who gets elected not us.

based on all that criteria, wouldn't it be fair to at least give some credibility to the bible? Which actually does speak of the existence of dinosaurs. Rather than just guesswork of science in terms of their timeline of how old the Earth really is.

I promise if you truly do your due diligence and research the true history and timeline of Earth's existence ( though nobody can know 100%, you will find out that we have been lied to over and over again by the same crooked people, and our earth is actually a LOT younger than science would have you believe)

I understand that you have some serious questions in regards to God's character in regards to atrocities and mass de population events we see in the bible, and I will be honest even as a Christian this is something I wrestle with every single day. But it's not fair to not even do research and just assume what everybody is telling you about the God of the old testament is 100% truth.

based on our consciences we understand genocide, slavery, murder are all wrong and so when we see examples of it in the old testament and even worse- see God ordaining it to take place, we understandably become very weary of God, and question his motives etc... However we can't ever forget that nobody truly understands what those days were like, If one slight detail of the story is mis understood, we can so easily look at God as the bad guy, when really what he did saved our species.

The enemy will always try and make good like bad, and bad look good. Never forget that tactic, that is the staple of Satan

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

ahnggk
Poor people leave very little environmental footprint compared to those who are not!

Yes and no. There is less of a 'throw away' society (plastic bottles and bags, etc), but ...
Hordes of poor people cutting a path through a forest for firewood can create desert environments.
Poor countries have greater air pollution problems with their manufacturing.

People in general are bad for the environment.
Rich or poor or inbetween .... we all pollute ...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Pretty weak argument. It's like saying there is no difference between a child getting a disease by accident and parents intentionally infecting children.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

freedom7
My question to you is do you really trust the history books that our society has deemed as "history" If you do believe in the illuminati ( proof is everywhere) than you would know they have control and monopolies on every single bank, government, politics, they start wars , and fund both sides ( the winners of war re -write history), they own the pharmaceutical companies, they decide who gets elected not us.

Historic record manipulation is a little different than archeology. You are mixing academic disciplines. Historians are focused on the historic record that has been recorded by people throughout the ages. Archeology is a scientific discipline that tries to piece events together from before recorded history through rocks, ancient tools, stratta layers, etc by using the scientific method. Also, I maintain the same level of skepticism for the illuminati as I do for the bible. Also keep in mind, the illuminati silencing the ENTIRE scientific discipline of archeology would require some sort of supernatural force, so no your whole premise is actually rather unbelievable.

based on all that criteria, wouldn't it be fair to at least give some credibility to the bible? Which actually does speak of the existence of dinosaurs. Rather than just guesswork of science in terms of their timeline of how old the Earth really is.

Based on your criteria then the bible would be just as susceptible to manipulation as archeology. It would actually be EASIER to manipulate it. Much of the illuminati lore deals with them having gotten their start during the Roman Empire. It would be rather easy for the illuminati to infiltrate the Council of Nicea and make sure the bible says exactly what they want it to say, and by easy, it would be FAR easier to do that than to spread lies about the history of the planet earth.

I promise if you truly do your due diligence and research the true history and timeline of Earth's existence ( though nobody can know 100%, you will find out that we have been lied to over and over again by the same crooked people, and our earth is actually a LOT younger than science would have you believe)

If the true history is being squelched then this is impossible.

I understand that you have some serious questions in regards to God's character in regards to atrocities and mass de population events we see in the bible, and I will be honest even as a Christian this is something I wrestle with every single day. But it's not fair to not even do research and just assume what everybody is telling you about the God of the old testament is 100% truth.

Did you just question the account of the bible? So the bible isn't 100% true?

based on our consciences we understand genocide, slavery, murder are all wrong and so when we see examples of it in the old testament and even worse- see God ordaining it to take place, we understandably become very weary of God, and question his motives etc... However we can't ever forget that nobody truly understands what those days were like, If one slight detail of the story is mis understood, we can so easily look at God as the bad guy, when really what he did saved our species.

Explain to me how condoning slavery would ever save the human species? I get all the mass murder, they were "sinners" is the go to response on that. But what about slavery? How is that EVER beneficial to humans? What about all the crazy laws in Leviticus? You know like stoning your child to death for cursing at your parents?

The enemy will always try and make good like bad, and bad look good. Never forget that tactic, that is the staple of Satan

Exactly, doubt your bible and the Christian accounts. I know if I was as evil and devious as Christians make Satan out to be, I'd infiltrate the early Christian church and manipulate the easily corruptible priests, decans, bishops, and pope to spread messages of evil disguised as the word of God. Keep in mind, the corruption of the RCC throughout history is WELL documented. So explain to me how you view Christianity as safe from this great evil.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't understand, that it's so hard for people to understand the difference between people causing death, and destruction, then that God does it ?
People are given our place to live, and we are allowed to change it to our needs. People do have to respect the Earth as it doesn't belong to them.
God however does not, He owns the place, and He has the right to destroy it, when He wants to create changes.

If you believe the God from the bible exists.

reply to post by freedom7

based on all that criteria, wouldn't it be fair to at least give some credibility to the bible? Which actually does speak of the existence of dinosaurs

Can you please give a source for this claim ? I like to read the part of the bible, where that is written.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

LOL op. What do you think I'm doing out here? Chopping down trees and killing all the buffalo? Dumping in the rio grande maybe? I don't even have a car! Hmm? shooting at birds? strip mining mountains? Range Rover. Pfft more like the pinci patamobile and the "gas tanks" are my pockets which continuously sit on "E-chale" lol

What inspired your post anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Poor people leave very little environmental footprint

I agree with that, I took the test.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Damn, your wit is as dry as it comes!

"Well, if destroying the Earth is such an abominable crime, this little god has some things to answer for."

Classic one liner! I know we are polar opposites on many things espesh Darwin, but you do always put a smile on my face.

I'm a belieber in Mighty YHWH, but my nickname name for The Most High is Jim Morrison In The Sky!!! Yes, when one reads the O.T and Revelations it's like going to a very volatile Doors gig indeed, lol!

Well OP, I'm a follower of The Saviour (though in a very personal relationship) and I try and care about The Father's wobbly footstool! I don't even own a car anymore. A drop in the ocean, but the ocean is made of drops!

edit on 9-1-2014 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Can you please give a source for this claim ? I like to read the part of the bible, where that is written.

Check out the book of Job, chapters 40 and 41. He's talking about the descriptions given of Behemoth and Leviathan. To each his own interpretation, I guess. Just like prophecy.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
S&F Good perception.

In Christianity it is said that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary. The Child of the Mother. In old religions the mother is representative of the earth. Jesus was born of the earth. Jesus was in contact with the mother.

The earth is a living consciousness, created by god. In Christianity To get to god we must go through Jesus...Jesus being the manifestation of the earth's consciousness. Catholic religion has woman praying to the mother. The mother is the consciousness of earth or Jesus.

If you look around the pyramids in most places you notice desert. The people stripped the clay layers and the water went down. The clays were used to fill the pyramids, make bricks and mortars, and to make pottery. They destroyed the environment in the area, nature took over as the runoff of water went through the exposed sand and washed down the topsoils. The winds blew the sands around covering the areas that still had the clay layer and a manmade desert evolved in the area. If you look at ancient writings it is evident there were not deserts in many of the areas there are deserts today. They also stripped out all the trees that could fix the problem and built ships , paths to haul the blocks for their structures, and buildings out of them It was an ecological nightmare.

All the early religions considered the mother, the earth, as an important being. She was the provider. Along came greed and desire to build bigger and better pyramids and buildings and the area suffered. This was a big mistake of our ancestors to believe the earth was immortal. They destroyed their local environment so had to start waging war to gain new areas to grow their food. Then they did the same thing over, destroying the clay layer. The clays are processed by trees and vegetation, leaves form the mineral rich clays that make this all work well. They also make the humus that binds the substrate. The minerals in clays are bound, they need a little lime to release the minerals so we can grow veggies. Too much lime and the soils get burnt.

So God was being sarcastic when he sent Adam and Eve out of the Garden. He was trying to show them that the food we need to survive, the mother could provide. He sent them out to look for bdelium and gold somewhere, the things that others were destroying the earth to acquire. There were already others out there, the god depicted in genesis is actually a man who saved these kids, a very wise man who was trying to raise his new family to be good people. He was teaching them that certain foods extend your life, but they wanted the ones that taste good instead but make you have a rash. He may have been a Messiah, a person filled with the spirit of god. I will accept that as possible.

So god was proud of his garden of eden, one of his creations. We destroy gods creation and abuse the land. There is not another planet this great for a long distance, people who think we can reach it and live there are a little disillusioned. We need to take care of this place, not create a toxic dump. We have to listen to god and learn to listen to mother earth. This planet can be destroyed, it can be made incapable of supporting us. Science cannot help us with this unless they start backing conservation and environmentalism. We have to understand, even if we do find another habitable planet with advanced life on it, they will not take us there. The aliens will not want the destroyers of a planet living on their planet. God will not leave us into heaven if we will destroy the integrity of heaven. We are being tested.

So the direction we are going in with consumerism is wrong. By making things in China instead of making things more environmental friendly, the polution is still going to reach here, it will effect everyone. China needs to deal with fixing their pollution, they will have to raise prices on their exports to do this. This will negatively effect the buying power of our dollar but it will make sure our great grandchildren have a world to live on. Consumerism isn't evil, the tactics they are using of planned obsolescence is evil. We can have things but we need to learn to buy local and support eco friendly businesses. By echo friendly I do not mean renewable resource industries that destroy land and forests. It seem that those who desire to make money have sidestepped rationality. A forest is a living organism, not just poplar trees that have been genetically engineered.

We were put on this planet to take care of the world and moderate things. We abused our position and we are on the path to destroying it and the other animals we are supposed to be managing.

Gees, I'm starting to sound like an environmentalist.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hmmm. I dunno. How does one judge a god?

The answer: You can judge a God by the people that created it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Well, if Destroying the Earth is such an abominable crime, this little god has some things to answer for.

For instance, the five major Extinction Events in Earth's History.

Periodic extinction events are like fever to a disease.

Both fever and disease can bring major discomfort to a person. But a fever is temporary and can help eradicate a disease. A disease on the other hand can kill the person if allowed to thrive in the body without resistance.

We are the disease in the Biblical context. The Earth is never shown to complain taking the brunt of God's punishment to humanity, but always complain to man's immorality.

Science supports the Biblical perspective. The Earth always bounces back better after an extinction event. Hundreds of millions of years ago, the Earth would have been populated by monsters like giant insects, quite inhospitable to any gentle life forms.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Chapter 40 does not have anything written, that can be used for a dinosaur claim.

Chapter 41 holds none either.

Job, 40 and 41 KJB

Job 41, verse 21. Showed quoted here, does talk about a fire breathing beast. Maybe you've mistaken dinosaurs with a dragon ?

21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

Conclusion:
Claiming that dinosaurs roamed the Earth in biblical times, with the above chapters of Job is ridiculous. Utter BS !

No offense.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

None taken. I wasn't giving you what I believe. I was giving you some of the chapters and verses the OP was most likely referring to. Job 40 and 41, Psalm 74 and 104, Isaiah 27. These are some of the verses referred to regarding dinosaurs.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I agree! Knocking down trees and rreplacing them with concrete and mortar to build churches on every street corner is definitely environmentally friendly. I don't see any "true" Christians up in arms about it and god approves of it so it must be true.
edit on 34011111CST343 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Too bad most Christians don't care about protecting Earth and nature but wish for the world to be destroyed through an apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I agree! Knocking down trees and rreplacing them with concrete and mortar to build churches on every street corner is definitely environmentally friendly. I don't see any "true" Christians up in arms about it and god approves of it so it must be true.
edit on 34011111CST343 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I don't condone building of physical churches either. Our voice are so few and I don't usually say "don't build church buildings" so it's no surprise, you haven't heard any Christian oppose such practice...

...I don't usually say about it because Christianity has a far bigger problem than accepting that building church buildings are wrong.

That big problem has to be addressed first and if that is addressed, all things will follow suit including refraining from raising church buildings.

Jesus wasn't speaking of a physical church building. That "church" that even the gates of hell won't prevail is our hearts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join