It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My biggest regret from middle school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
ok well when i went to middle school, in the mornings everyone would just hang out around the school. specific spots for each grade level. anyway i came in one morning and sat down. now im not usually the kid to be noticed and for everyone to talk to but ive...somewhat fixed that now that im a freshmen in highschool. so im sitting there and everyone around me is in there groups talking and im chacking twitter or some # on my phone. this big group of people shows up( i know most everyone in it and have mutual if not freindly relation ships with them.) and so they sit dow RIGHT NEXT TO ME and i hear one of them call my last name( i was called by my last name mostly in middle school and sometimes in highschool) and i look over and say what. only one kid named seth heard me and i asked him what they were talking about. to my suprise he said "theyre saying how ugly you are" i was enraged and i couldnt believe my ears. so i asked again almost a demanding shouting voice, and he said the same thing. at this point someone in the group heard me and say with a laughing voice "guys hes right there your so stupid" then this really nice girl who was in the group who at that time i kind of had a small crush on stood up and said "nnnoooo matt ur not ugly" and i didnt know what to say so i just kind of paused and just said "i know what you mean" without even thinking about what i was saying just wanting to end the conversation. couple mins after we went to class. i didnt have any classes with any of them though.

My regret you ask?? my #1 regret is not #ing being patient for ONCE in my #ing life and listening in to that convorsation and seeing what else they would say. that eats me up inside alot if i remember it. and i went to one of those middle schools whgere almost everyone goes to the same highschool so now i currently go to class and eat lunch with the same ppl in that group

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ahhh... High school days. Be patient, you will have bigger regrets than that before you leave HS forever. If you don't, you didn't do it right.

It doesn't really matter what they said does it? Some folks just say things in groups to try and fit in where they don't feel like they do. Some folks get off on being mean regardless of who is around them. Spend enough time with the group and you will find out who is who before all is said and done. Just be careful who you get super close to in the meantime. Your gut should be able to tell you one way or the other... listen to it because it will rarely lead you wrong.

There are adults who behave the same way as well. You never escape it. When you get a job you will more than likely work with people who acted just like your middle school friends did, maybe just a bit more evil.

Backstabbers and mean people come in all ages. You just need to learn how to "let it ride" and pick friends who don't behave that way, even if it isn't towards you at the time (because it eventually will be, if they do it to somebody else).

Do you, and don't worry about what anyone else has to say about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Life interrupted through the grade school years is a blessing in disguise and also a curse.
Several times through elementary school, and during middle school, I was uprooted and began anew.
I quickly learned the the game of fitting in and making new friends through observance. It wasn't always easy, but I managed.
I changed myself to fit in with them.
The downside is I lost myself in those years of change.
Forgot who I really was.
Rediscovering yourself in your late forties kind of sucks.
It sucks for the people around you who they thought they knew who you were.
But, that's ok because I have finally found my happiness, my true self.

The point to all this is to be true to yourself and be true to those around you.
Don't try to fit in, if someone doesn't like you for who you are, well then, they can move on.
Your happiness and well being is what counts, screw the rest of them.

Peace,
K

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You can't reason with kids unless they choose to be reasoned with. So i can't help you much. My youngest is good with crap like that. Besides being big enough to scare the hell out of any adult, he also has a sharp tongue.
That really helps at your age. Thick skin + sharp tongue = impenetrable fortress of death. Because even if you lose the ensuing fight, everyone still remembers the burn you left...and no one your age wants to feel that.
edit on 1/9/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by golden23

I'm going to summarize it. You learned why it's important to keep your mouth shut until you are sure you are done gathering THE FACTS instead of popping off impulsively.

Congratulations for learning this in middle school. I know full grown adults in their 40s who haven't discovered it yet.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Like everybody else says, don't fret over it. Be yourself and do your thing. Whether that is loud and boisterous or quiet and introverted like me.
You may well run into some of those people later on in life, fat and bald or working at the convenience store you stop in for coffee on your way to a real job.

And just in case anybody here works in a convenience store, I don't really mean anything disrespectful, you probably weren't a jerk to others in school. And if you were, serves you right lol

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Middle school sucked. I was a nerd. I just couldn't enjoy what most of the other kids did.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by golden23

My biggest regret in school was thinking that any of those kids even matter! Don't let it phase you just keep moving forward. Otherwise it will continue to eat at you, and you're only destroying yourself with I should have, would have, could have. The fact that you instantly had something to say back is good, you stopped them in there tracks! Also I didn't learn til after highschool, the boy who teased me for years actually had a crush on me! How mean school can be at times!
edit on 9-1-2014 by ladybug121 because: (no reason given)

join