It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman on TV claiming Military drops Chemtrail-like particles in the air.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Done a quick search for this topic on ATS but couldn't find anything.

Ok so normally I don't pronounce myself too much on the subject of chemtrails but this couldn't go off-radar

Honestly, I can't say wether or not I believe chemtrails are real. I've read enough around the web and here on ATS to understand it's a very sensitive subject and that there isn't much transparent info out there. Very hard to say if chemtrails are a real threat or not.

Personnally, I think it's a plausible idea to suggest that the government, hand in hand with the military, are doing something against the global warming we are experiencing right now. Chemtrails could be a part of this adaptation - or something worse.

Anyways, hearing the weatherman's claimings in this video clearly raises some questions in my mind.

Your thoughts, ATS?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Crazy that it shows up on radar. I actually live in Southern Oregon and watch this news channel frequently. Missed this one! Something to note is that this is a small network area, meaning maybe 100,000 potential viewers. I say potential because, of course, not everyone watches channel 10 news.

Good find. Whether it's metallic particles or brain controlling chemicals, you can't deny that they are dropping something.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Here I am going to try and help you out there.

It's called chafe and it has nothing to do with chemtrails.

Chaff, originally called Window[1] by the British, and Düppel by the Second World War era German Luftwaffe (from the Berlin suburb where it was first developed), is a radar countermeasure in which aircraft or other targets spread a cloud of small, thin pieces of aluminium, metallized glass fibre or plastic, which either appears as a cluster of primary targets on radar screens or swamps the screen with multiple returns.

en.wikipedia.org...(countermeasure)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Ok so normally I don't pronounce myself too much on the subject of chemtrails but this couldn't go off-radar

"off radar", a pun?

Radar Chaff

Used since WW2 to block/obscure radar.

Plenty of incidents of it jamming up meteorologists too. ***

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

I bet his producers cringed when he stated that.....plus him saying that he was in the Marine Corp and he knows for a fact that's what they do

Interesting

That's not to say I believe in chemtrails but remarks like these leaves the door wide open for any mis-interpretation

edit on 8-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As surfer said - it's a pretty old video that true believers punted up as "proof" a few years ago now, along with a similar one from German TV.

Linking chaff to "chemtrails" is pure disinfo - they are superficially the same - released in the air, hang around, and chaff has the added advantage of actually being real and occasionally getting air time (sic) such as this, so it gives credibility to the chemtrail hoax.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Correct if I'm wrong, I'm no expert in this field, but throwing particle of aliminium and plastic in the sky isn't a practice I'd call conscious and natural at all. In this case, we could compare it to a pseudo-chemicals being dropped in the sky, hence chemtrails.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

St0rD
Done a quick search for this topic on ATS but couldn't find anything.

Honestly, I can't say wether or not I believe chemtrails are real. I've read enough around the web and here on ATS to understand it's a very sensitive subject and that there isn't much transparent info out there. Very hard to say if chemtrails are a real threat or not.

Personnally, I think it's a plausible idea to suggest that the government, hand in hand with the military, are doing something against the global warming we are experiencing right now. Chemtrails could be a part of this adaptation - or something worse.

Anyways, hearing the weatherman's claimings in this video clearly raises some questions in my mind.

Your thoughts, ATS?

He was talking about this

And it looks like this

And if they have a full fledge military training exercise they can leave alot of smoke in the air. There purpose is two fold make it hard for radar to track the aircraft and make sure the flares are hotter then the aircraft to avoid heat seekers from locking on. This isnt in any way shape or form chemtrails and well you actually mislabeled this whole thread. The weatherman never said a thing about chemtrails he said military were conducting exercises and dropping chaff. Im not sure if you did it on purpose or truly didnt know either way you should be more careful in the future.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well it just shows he reads the forums here at ats lol. Nothing more. Why, well not to many private organizations with the resources to fully investigate the Possible phenomenon. This guy making statements he obviously can't back up with data.

Thanks for the chaff photo.... Although in honesty this is not what people are claiming is chemtrails.

The Bot
edit on 8-1-2014 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You don't have to be in the military to know about chaff. It has nothing to do with weather, It's just small pieces of aluminum. The military dropped them during training which caused false readings on the radar (which is the purpose of chaff). The weather man is simply explaining this. I'm not sure where you got chemtrails.
edit on 8-1-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, I understand this isn't the common chemtrails conspiracy we hear everywhere around the internet, but in my in mind, this is literally 'chemical trails' being dropped in the sky for whatever reasons the military thought necessary. This just proves a point, which is, they stop at nothing to accomplish their goals. So it's a wonder why so much people reject the fact they could be spraying other things alongside aluminium and plastic.

Anyway, I talked about chemtrail-like particles in the title... but sorry for misleading some of you guys.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Hard to imagine that chaff somehow sounds like chem-trail. I listened twice to 42 second clip, only chaff was mentioned by the weatherman !

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

St0rD
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Correct if I'm wrong, I'm no expert in this field, but throwing particle of aliminium and plastic in the sky isn't a practice I'd call conscious and natural at all. In this case, we could compare it to a pseudo-chemicals being dropped in the sky, hence chemtrails.

But that's not what chemtrails are supposed to be - they are supposed to be something SECRET coming from jet ENGINES that are highly visible, hang around for ages and spread out to become clouds (some times)

chaff is barely visible (the picture above is flares, often dispersed at the same time but not quite the same thing!), doesn't come from engines, doesn't make clouds, and isn't secret!!

Sure it is chemicals in het sky - but so is you breathing - so is....AIR!!

Calling everything in the sky a chemtrail because it is a chemical in a trail is misleading...at best!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'd guess that this practice of dropping Chaffe isn't really good for the environment. I know it is necessary to use this by the Air force, both in training and testing as well as in times when it is needed for defense. I guess it is just a part of the way it is. I would rather have a strong experienced military than one with no real life training.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by St0rD

Hard to imagine that chaff somehow sounds like chem-trail. I listened twice to 42 second clip, only chaff was mentioned by the weatherman !

Nope, he also said "unusual" so either Chaff exercises are unusual or they are not, or did he mean the size of the exercise was unusual. It is an old video, but that's not the point. If the chaff was the usual Aluminium, was there a possibiity of harm to people below and the answer is a simple yes. The only thing to acknowledge is the size of particles and the spread. The smaller the particle, the more it can enter the respiritory organs where it should not be, and has no place.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

smurfy

conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by St0rD

Nope, he also said "unusual" so either Chaff exercises are unusual or they are not, or did he mean the size of the exercise was unusual. It is an old video, but that's not the point. If the chaff was the usual Aluminium, was there a possibiity of harm to people below and the answer is a simple yes.

In what way can chaff hurt people? It is too small to do any kinetic damage by falling on them, and too large to be ingested and pass into the blood stream.

The only thing to acknowledge is the size of particles and the spread. The smaller the particle, the more it can enter the respiritory organs where it should not be, and has no place.

We know how big chaff is - the wiki page has a picture of an opened bundle (warning - it's a 20mb pdf download)

The GAO did an audit of het potential effects of chaff::

While DOD components report that chaff is an effective means of defense for aircraft, ships, and related weapon systems, DOD and
other agencies have identified some unintended and potential side effects of chaff. Chaff can affect safety by interfering with air
traffic control radar. Chaff can also affect weather radar observations and the operation of friendly radar systems, especially
when vehicles stir up chaff that has settled on the ground. It has been reported that chaff has also caused power outages and damaged
electrical equipment. Potential effects cited by Defense and other organizations include those on health and the environment. For
example, the Air Force reported that chaff has a potential but remote chance of collecting in reservoirs and causing chemical changes that
may affect water and the species that use it.

So apart from eth potential for aluminium to dissolve into water (which is NIL! At the time of the report the US still had lead based chaff in stock, which would be of serious concern) there is no threat to anyone or anything except radar and electronics - note that the US tried to KO Iraqi and Serbian power grids using something considerably more sophisticated than chaff - because chaff isn't very good at doing that either!
edit on 8-1-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: add links & text

edit on 8-1-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its good to see them going off the teleprompter/national scripts .0000000001% of the time!

Kudos to him for telling it like it is

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

gardener
Its good to see them going off the teleprompter/national scripts .0000000001% of the time!

Kudos to him for telling it like it is

And what, do tell, is "like it is?" The notion that he claimed it was chaff or the false title of this thread that it is proof of chemtrails?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I would like to say, even if a tad embarrassed, that I for one have not heard of 'Chaff' before, please forgive my ignorance.

So I would like to thank those of you that posted links for it ....much appreciation
Now I know

As far as chemtrails goes, no thoughts on that....not sure if it's made up hype or not

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 8-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Breathing in chaff is not good because breathing in aluminum is just not good no science needed, breathing in chemicals that are put in the sky by man is not good.

Let us disregard the matter of WHAT these chemtrails are made of and let's focus on the fact that they stay there. TRAILS made by airplanes DO stay suspended in the sky for 10 minutes to several hours and create a web of artificial icy crystal filled clouds that block sunlight when sunlight should be passing through. Some argue that this is too small to make a difference, however do we really know when too small reaches the point of being too big? Have we reached it yet?

We have only been flying at higher altitudes for max 50 years, with increasing population the sky will soon be flooded with airplanes flying ever more efficiently, communicating among each other to coordinate and use maximum airspace as safely as possible, forgetting about one big problem. They are covering the sky with strands of clouds that dissipate slowly, albeit only being frozen water, can reflect some sun rays.

Has the effects of suspended artificially created clouds over large distances been studied yet?
edit on 8-1-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join