It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Misery of Jan (2014)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hi, my name is Jan. I grew up in a small town, in the Mid-West, where the stars were as big as the moon. A town known for it's honey buns and big smiles. A town where everyone knew each other; and a town where everyone cared. We were a tight knit community, until the day it all began.

They said it was "no big deal". They said there was "nothing to worry about". But, what they didn't tell us, was the truth. Instead, they went out of their way to make it seem as tho' things were just "fine".

It started on a cold, dreary night, it ended; well, let's just say, "it didn't end well".

My buddy Flynn, called me that night and told me to turn on the news, to see what was happening, LIVE! I immediately searched for the remote, flipped on the television and couldn't believe what i saw. It was SNOWING. But this was no ordinary snowfall! It was snowing so hard that it looked like a hurricane blowing, at 200 mph and zero visibility. On top of the record amount of snowfall, accumulating by the minute; the snow that fell, wasn't your normal "white" snow color; this snow was RED. Red snow rained down from the sky. Seemingly, by the tons.

Days before this occurred, an object was seen exploding over the earth, in the most upper parts of the atmosphere. This object was later identified as an incoming AsterMeteoroid. A rare occurrence where an asteroid and meteor collide, throughout their journey, in space; and join to make one flying body. Scientists knew about this phenomena, but believed it was a one in a billion chance that it would ever cross Earth's pass, during our lifetime. But what they didn't know, was the effect their new space program would have on the gravitational pull of this AsterMeteoroid.

See, what had happened is that the Defense Ministry of Unidentified Objects (D.M.U.O.); the department of our Defense program responsible for keeping our "space safe", accidentally fired their high powered proton something or other, into space that "nudged" the AsterMeteoroid enough, to have it's gravitational pull changed. Instead of traveling away from Earth, it was now headed for her.

So, what they decided to do, was disintegrate it before it entered Earth's gravitational pull. Unfortunately, not everything they do is a success. As a matter of fact, instead of things happening "as planned", it all back-fired. And they ran to the hills. Oh yeah, they hit they're target. Too bad it was a little too late; due to the misfiring of the first proton beam.

By the time they disintegrated the AsterMeteoroid, it had already entered earth's "no fly zone". Now, all they could do is sit and wait for the AsterMeteoroid dust to settle; over the entire planet. When the dust did begin to settle, the sun began to fade away and things began to get cold FAST!

I had no idea what was going on, above, because i was down in my "doomsday bunker", designing the "Day After Tomorrow" communication system, for the government; which was just about to go online; when i got the call.

I dropped the phone, grabbed my "D.A.T." mobile device and ran upstairs, to see what was going on. That's when i noticed the red color to the snow, that was falling. It looked like a blanket of strawberries, 5 feet in height and climbing fast. All the doors were jammed shut because of the snowfall. The windows were frozen and you could barely see out of them. You could hear the wood from the ceiling begin to crack.

I headed straight for the bunker and turned on the D.A.T. system; when i heard the POTUN (President of the United Nations) make a statement, over the speakers. [[["Life as we knew it, will be no more." "All life forms on Earth have been buried in the AsterMeteoroid dust and Earth will no longer be habitable."]]], said the POTUN. "God Speed" were his final words. [[[beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]]]©

©Note to Hollywood: You do NOT have permission to use my creative work, unless i'm getting a slice of that pie.
Call me! We'll do lunch!!!

edit on 1/8/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2014 by WonderBoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Good job! I hope it doesn't end as such but I guess when it ends the manner in which it does is kind of a moot point.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Thanks.
I wrote the story in like 10 minutes. Can you tell? lol hahahahaha

join