It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First N. America H5N1 Bird Flu Death Confirmed in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I find it intriguing that scientists admitted this past May 2013 that they were tinkering with the genes of H5N1 to make it airborne. They boasted of being able to transfer the disease to ferrets via the air. Unfortunately the Ferrets did not die. Some of the mice did however.

Study: Lab-made H5N1-H1N1 viruses spread in guinea pigs

Any link here? What about if one were a Eugenicist? Nah, the power structures of the world would never want to kill us useless eaters, umm I mean innocent civilians.

Nothing to see here move along.....

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

They did NOT "boast" about it - they warned the world to be prepared because only a few mutations were needed for the virus to spread easily between humans. They wanted their work to go towards getting ahead of it for cures and treatments. Before it was too late. ...Hope it's not too late.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Why do they call it "patient 0", wouldn't it be patient 1, as in first one diagnosed with this? Confused by the terminology...

I always thought of patient zero as the cute way of calling them ground zero for any potential outbreak. They are the first and the originator (i.e. ground zero or patient zero).

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Why do they call it "patient 0", wouldn't it be patient 1, as in first one diagnosed with this? Confused by the terminology...

Weird, isn't it? Does make more sense to say 'patient 1.' Plus,, she's only patient zero if there's more to come - and if she didn't get it from another person. Seems odd though, she never left Beijing, didn't go to markets, had no contact with poultry. How did she get it? And where did she get it? Also, there's no way of knowing whether or not any staff or passengers on any of her flights were or are sick because they have not been contacted yet. We're in wait-and-see damage control on this one. Too soon to panic but also too soon to say it's "over before it started."

PS. I also think Ketsuko's right about the ground zero connection.

edit on 8/1/14 by soficrow because: add PS

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My feeling on this, you play with nature, you are gonna get burned. This is beyond ridiculous that some scientist Ron Fouchier, would force the H5N1 to become transmittable to mamals via air. This is what you call a Level 4 virus! Extremely lethal and they should know better than to manipulate the genes in this manner...

Personally, I feel this is very irresponsible and dangerous to all of us. There are better ways to do research then to play with fire.
Have you thought about the consequences if that virus got into the wrong hands? European Scientists are pushing for them to set guidelines in their research and not just have the "anything, goes" mentality when working with this strain of flu.

I for one think that is very wise!

digitaljournal.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Digitaljournal

Pax

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting that the first thing I looked for after reading the OP was, from were the infected person came from, then I figure that he didn't acquired the infection in Canada he brought it from overseas, so for now it should not be any worries to those in Canada, now what Canadians should be contemplating is what the government is going to do those coming from infected areas to keep Canada from braking out into an epidemic, obviously more screening of oversea people should be established.
edit on 9-1-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

They did NOT "boast" about it - they warned the world to be prepared because only a few mutations were needed for the virus to spread easily between humans. They wanted their work to go towards getting ahead of it for cures and treatments. Before it was too late. ...Hope it's not too late.

I'm sorry my friend. I'm trying to connect the dots. Moratorium on bio-weapons is not true. US and Canada (probably other countries) are still creating bio-agents that destroy. If you don't want something to come to pass then don't play with it.

Making new bugs that are more virulent and more dangerous is not the way to protect lives. They may not have literally boasted about the claim but I'm sure there is some weapons contractors or rich Eugenicists having a quiet moment of Schadenfreude.(That's a good word and worth looking up!)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just because they have confirmed one death does not mean there is only one case. There could be 50 more people exposed who are not tested. This is the first fatality - not the first person to get it in North America.

Something sounds wrong about no human to human transmission. She went out of Country, touched some infected bird, comes home and dies? Doubtful.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Dianec
Just because they have confirmed one death does not mean there is only one case. There could be 50 more people exposed who are not tested. This is the first fatality - not the first person to get it in North America.

Something sounds wrong about no human to human transmission. She went out of Country, touched some infected bird, comes home and dies? Doubtful.

Not doubtful - that is the main way to get it at this point.

At any rate, people should google: Bowel tolerance Vitamin C dosing. If you were to have bird flu, this would ensure you would survive it.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
UPDATE

The young woman age 20-ish grew up in China, studied nursing in Red Deer and worked at the hospital there until she visited China with her mom in December. H5N1 is endemic in Asia so she could have been exposed environmentally (maybe even just a glass of water). But she has no resistance because she hasn't been living in China. ...Diseases evolve into strains that are "tailor-made" for each location - and residents develop resistance for their local strains. But when people start travelling around the world it's a different story. No resistance. ...Some experts are saying this a new strain that spreads more easily between people but who knows? I really don't trust official stories. Not even the unofficial official stories.

edit on 10/1/14 by soficrow because: add bits

top topics

<< 1   >>

join