It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Global Warming Probably Responsible For ‘Polar Vortex,’ Record Low Temperatures Acr

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That chart has no relevence at all when trying to understand patterns of climate change.

Chart goes to 100 000 years when the earth is 5 000 000 000 years old. What if the exact pattern showed reappears every 43 million years?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Golantrevize

Nothing new.

These extreme winters were predicted decades ago due to global warming.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is from IPCC's Overview of it's First Assessment Report. It was written back in 1990.
Page 52

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The White House needs to update its propaganda - the "scientists" long-ago dropped "global warming" in favor of "climate change" because the planet wasn't cooperating.

If the theory doesn't fit the facts, change the facts.

I put "scientists" in quotes, because all climatologists pro-MMGW/climate change are a disgrace to the profession.

Let's not forget that the flawed computer models are not only limited in data sources, but the temperature records this house of cards is built upon are PROVEN to be known to be HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE. Despite this, they use them anyway and worship at the alter of Computer Models, taking everything they say as 100% fact. Too bad they didn't look out of the window .
edit on 12-1-2014 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

mirageofdeceit
The White House needs to update its propaganda - the "scientists" long-ago dropped "global warming" in favor of "climate change" because the planet wasn't cooperating.

If the theory doesn't fit the facts, change the facts.

I put "scientists" in quotes, because all climatologists pro-MMGW/climate change are a disgrace to the profession.

Let's not forget that the flawed computer models are not only limited in data sources, but the temperature records this house of cards is built upon are PROVEN to be known to be HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE. Despite this, they use them anyway and worship at the alter of Computer Models, taking everything they say as 100% fact. Too bad they didn't look out of the window .
edit on 12-1-2014 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

The facts arent in contention like you believe the planet is definitely warming up. Also the reason it was changed to climate change is precisely because of comments like yours people think because global temperatures are increasing that everywhere should get warmer. Well that simply not the case some areas will get colder but when we are talking global temperatures this is an average of all temperatures. I have no doubt climate change is occurring as we speak what im not sure of is that CO2 is the cause it very well could be a symptom of a warming planet.Biggest part of my reluctance is historically CO2 increases after the warming starts.Does it add to it probably but is it the cause? Now scientists like to think they know the cause being scientists they dont like to admit they dont know something nature of the beast if you will.The only area of science that i know of that regularly admits we dont know is physics because were forced to alot i might add. Now as i said you are debating if global warming is occurring here yes it is period end of discussion we have the data to prove it. If you want to discuss the cause well thats a different matter entirely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join