It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Global Warming Probably Responsible For ‘Polar Vortex,’ Record Low Temperatures Acr

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just found this on of all places Blaze. The bastion of all things right wing has released an article showing support of Climate Change. Although if one reads the opinions of the folks leaving comments there it is yet another Obama Deception. lol

The White House on Wednesday released a video suggesting that the “Polar Vortex” responsible for record lows throughout the U.S. was actually caused by global warming.

“If you’ve been hearing that extreme cold spells, like the one we’re having in the United States now, disproves global warming, don’t believe it,” President Barack Obama’s science adviser, Dr. John Holdren says in the video posted to the official White House YouTube channel.

W hite House: Global Warming Probably Responsible For ‘Polar Vortex,’ Record Low Temperatures Across U.S.

Like others I am on a mission to wake up the deniers to the reality of Climate Change. It won't work as most are just like Birthers and will ignore all evidence to support their own views.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Mamatus because: fixed link

edit on 8-1-2014 by Mamatus because: fixie linky

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Yeah yeah, there's climate change, but the Whitehouse is probably responsible for the polar vortex collapse by using HAARP to heat the atmosphere and they are just taking advantage of the climate change spin.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Worst polar storms have happened for millions of years in the past. There is nothing static about our planet.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Let's see that poor reasoning keep you in denial still when the arctic sea ice disappears entirely over the summer months come some year later this decade.

edit on 8-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

webedoomed
Let's see that poor reasoning keep you in denial still when the arctic sea ice disappears entirely over the summer months come some year later this decade.

edit on 8-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

If the arctic opens for one year, which is possible but improbable, the next year will be the start of the ice-age. So if the internet is still on and we all have access, remind me the year after the big thaw and I'll retract. But I don't think that is going to happen when the remnant of the human species is crowded into an area +/- 10 degrees from the equator and the ability to produce food is running out.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Well at least your post will remain up to be proven incorrect.

Win!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sooooo ......

Do we invade the vortex to force a climate regime change, or throw money at it? Maybe we could pass a law to regulate temperatures, but that would require bipartisan support. How about if Canada relaxes its immigration laws, the extra body heat would stablize the climate.

So many things the government can do here.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

lol, love the Avatar.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The White House supports this ?

Well that's enough for me to believe the opposite.

Just like everything else they sell.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Golantrevize
Worst polar storms have happened for millions of years in the past. There is nothing static about our planet.

Exactly.

The government probably doesn't think the people are smart enough to realise that ALL weather on this and every other planet is determined by the SUN...anyone looked at the high weirdness displayed by the sun over the last decade?

I suppose we're responsible for the sun's antics too are we?

Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

xuenchen

Well, old fox, if you're against it then I'm for it! (Nods)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That was said last decade. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

xuenchen

Short, simple and to the point! Not much else to say. I agree also.
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

itsallgonenow

That was said last decade. Just saying.

Agreed...and 60% MORE arctic ice this year too shows this as the fallacy it always was.

Environmental damage, is very real...pollution is very real, radiation sloshing into the seas and biosphere by the thousands of tonnes is very real...all man made. Wouldn't it be smarter to tackle the REAL elephant in the room, rather than the imaginary one they are just making Billions out of?

Oh...think i've answered myself there...extorting billions has a way of reinforcing BS quite effectively.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

From the previous record low year?

Extremely short sighted, poor reasoning.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That video was useless he admits before he even starts that this isnt proof of global warming then goes on to say it doesnt disprove it. Wow talk about a non statement thats like saying well we dont really have a clue why this is going on and will continue to discuss this.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just goes to show Rush is right when he says the polar vortex is just another liberal hoax!

edit on 8-1-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: crap spelling!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
Just goes to show Rush is right when he says the polar vortex is just another liberal hoax!

edit on 8-1-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: crap spelling!

Ah, the Limblimp... wrong about everything...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

60% more ice is 60% more ice...especially when according to 'projections' there wasn't supposed to be bloody any.

Notice also 'Global warming' has been quietly dropped since the so-called 'climategate' email scandal to the more subtle 'climate change' rhetoric?

Of course climate change happens naturally, it always has and always will, regardless of anything we could possibly do...only it makes a catchy slogan to intimidate the gullible.

I would imagine there would be more to worry about envirnomentally by exploding over 2,000 nuclear bombs, above and below ground in just 50 years, but nah...let's never mention that on the media and who is responsible for the damage that has and is causing, or the thousands of tonnes of depleted Uranium thrown around the ME over the last decade, polluting that region and those that live there irrevocably. Nah, let's not mention that eh..ever.

Let's just talk about cold, windy and wet weather in the Winter and hot and dry weather in the Summer and run around screaming at how strangely shocking that is instead.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A chart to perhaps, put things in perspective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join