It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government offers new approach to classroom discipline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well, this issue is about people. Do people allow governments to label criminally their children or put them in jail or do they come out of the cave like a really angry grizzly bear who's whole purpose is to have this overturned and to deprive the illegal fascists of money, security and dental care/benefits?

Every time any elected minion abuses power, harms people and children, its up to us. We have to get angry and really loud. Bullhorns, phone calls, legal action and be in their faces until they not only back down, but slink away, maybe running fast.....!!!!!

I wouldn't let anyone go after the kids, that is the last straw for them, they would never have a quiet moment again. Get people organized to get rid of them.

What bothers me more than even reading this is knowing that they could never implement this if people were not compromised in their spirits and many in agreement...because without people agreeing with them, they really can't maintain their illegal laws. There are always going to be fascists and dominating felons seeking power, but do we give it to them or let them wield it without organizing and putting them in their places? I don't understand anything about this world for this should have been done thousands of years ago, and when I was born, it would have been an advanced system. No one gives into to bad guys or allows them to harm their children. Never.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thank you Every One, Great replies and Participation, Students
Each and every one of you gets a Star.

All joking aside, this statement upsets me, it's a comment that I believe is being used to promote their view and agenda.

"In our investigations, we have found cases where African-American students were disciplined more harshly and more frequently because of their race than similarly situated white students," the Justice Department and Education Department said in the letter to school districts. "In short, racial discrimination in school discipline is a real problem."

Holder announced last summer that he was instructing federal prosecutors to stop charging nonviolent drug offenders with crimes that carry mandatory minimum sentences, a change affecting crack coc aine sentences that have disproportionately affected minorities. And just before Christmas, President Barack Obama commuted the sentences of eight people serving long drug sentences.

School Discipline
Let me ask you, would Holder have ask for them to go easier on Crack Cocaine Users or dealers if the person was White?

Excuse me, but, you do the crime, you do the time. You can't tell me that they didn't know Crack Cocaine was illegal.
Cry Me a River
Holder, Race as nothing to do with a persons ability to get an education, it's the person that as the responsibility to want to better themselves.
If you have chosen to live the Gangsta life style, then live it with all that comes with it and that may include Prison and or Death! You Chose. You were given the same opportunities as every one else, Now Uncle Sam has to come to your rescue and made sure you have a shorter sentence to serve, Why is that? Oh, Yes, Holder and Obama believe Blacks are Unjustly Prosecuted in America Starting at a Very Young Age.
Total B S.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

trumpet
reply to post by Zeppp

I suggest watching Inherit the Wind.

Henry Drummond says this: "Can't you understand? That if you take a law like evolution and you make it a crime to teach it in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools? And tomorrow you may make it a crime to read about it. And soon you may ban books and newspapers. And then you may turn Catholic against Protestant, and Protestant against Protestant, and try to foist your own religion upon the mind of man. If you can do one, you can do the other. Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, BACKWARD, through the glorious ages of that Sixteenth Century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind!"

Your remarks remind me of the recent character "the Governer" from the Walking Dead.

I don't watch tv or movies I will not give Illuminati foot soldiers an inch in my life.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Zeppp

trumpet
reply to post by Zeppp

Henry Drummond says this: "Can't you understand? That if you take a law like evolution and you make it a crime to teach it in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools? And tomorrow you may make it a crime to read about it. And soon you may ban books and newspapers. And then you may turn Catholic against Protestant, and Protestant against Protestant, and try to foist your own religion upon the mind of man. If you can do one, you can do the other. Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, BACKWARD, through the glorious ages of that Sixteenth Century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind!"

Your remarks remind me of the recent character "the Governer" from the Walking Dead.

I don't watch tv or movies I will not give Illuminati foot soldiers an inch in my life.

You could read the play by the same name. It's a reaction to Mcarthyism and blacklisting that uses the Scopes Monkey trial as a forum to discuss accusations of treason without proper regard for evidence and making unfair allegations in order to restrict dissent or political criticism. I read it in high school, which was a public school. I won't give Illuminati foot soldiers an inch in my life either, nor soldiers of fanaticism and ignorance. I don't believe you are either.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

trumpet

Zeppp

trumpet
reply to post by Zeppp

You could read the play by the same name. It's a reaction to Mcarthyism and blacklisting that uses the Scopes Monkey trial as a forum to discuss accusations of treason without proper regard for evidence and making unfair allegations in order to restrict dissent or political criticism. I read it in high school, which was a public school. I won't give Illuminati foot soldiers an inch in my life either, nor soldiers of fanaticism and ignorance. I don't believe you are either.

Drivel! I am so hurt that you don't believe me how can I go on in life.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpet

In other words, only part of the day is devoted to actually educating kids. The rest of it is devoted to jamming your view on morality down the kids' throats.

Who made you and your kind the ultimate arbiters of morality? We can't have any kind prayer in school, for any religion, because that would be jamming people's morality down kids' throats, but then you can sit there and wax poetic about how proper it is to jam your morality down their throats.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I know this much. I taught inner city school for three years. During that time, I had maybe 10 kids total who were white. The rest were all either African-American or Hispanic. How was I supposed to avoid making my discipline disproportionately minority? Sure, some of the white kids were trouble makers same as the others, but there simply weren't enough of them to make up the difference even if I was trying to do some kind of insane punishment quota thing so as not to appear racist.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeppp

I like how Henry Drummond is making the slippery slope argument. Isn't that the same one we are told doesn't actually exist?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by trumpet

Who made you and your kind the ultimate arbiters of morality?

Noone, but I'm allowed to have my opinion just as you. And it's really base to name call 'you and your kind.' I know little about you other than you've had some experience teaching school. I see posts that you make, some that I agree with and some not, but never feel the need to attack. If I have, my apology, that is not my intent. But I also will not back down from my beliefs and I would hope you wouldn't either.

We can't have any kind prayer in school, for any religion, because that would be jamming people's morality down kids' throats, but then you can sit there and wax poetic about how proper it is to jam your morality down their throats.

I believe in the separation of church and state. There should be no prayer of any kind in school. Church and home are where morality and decency should be taught. The first amendment allows me to speak openly of my opinions and that is what I'm doing, right here on ATS. I'm nowhere close to a school.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpet

Sorry, but you have self-identified as progressive before. So, progressives are the ones who are doing this PC stuff. And you starting tossing bombs by using the word bigot.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpet

So, if a child merely wants to pray on their own in school, they are out of bounds and have no freedom to do that?

That goes beyond the bounds of what is and is not allowed, even in public school. Children are free to pray if they wish. It is freedom of religion.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Zeppp

I like how Henry Drummond is making the slippery slope argument. Isn't that the same one we are told doesn't actually exist?

These Liberal, Progressives are the new Communist. They are doing everything they said they would do in their manifesto. When you call them out on their BS of giving kindergartners transgendered choices they reply that you are a bigot. The only thing we can do at this point is let them run the whole damn thing into the ground then let the patriots emerge on the field and hunt them down like the scourge that they are. It's sad it's coming to this, but there are just too many low information voters on a path to self destruction all in the quest to get stuff handed to them. You know when the MSM is siding with one particular party, and we all know how crooked the MSM is, then you know that something obviously wrong.
People that say Obama failed I say no he didn't, he is doing exactly what he set out to do and that was to destroy this country. He Is a Kenyan, Communist and always has hated this country and white people especially, yet when you disagree with his policies you are labeled a racist. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

trumpet

ketsuko
reply to post by trumpet

I believe in the separation of church and state. There should be no prayer of any kind in school. Church and home are where morality and decency should be taught. The first amendment allows me to speak openly of my opinions and that is what I'm doing, right here on ATS. I'm nowhere close to a school.

Then why not call it morning meditation and let the child center themselves and prepare for the upcoming days events. I will tell you why, because it gives the child choices and domain over their own mind and when some nut job Liberal, progressive starts teaching their indoctrination BS the child will not be in their trance to accept the crap that the indoctrinator is spewing forth.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Some are, you are right. PC drives me crazy too. I am hardly that person.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by trumpet

So, if a child merely wants to pray on their own in school, they are out of bounds and have no freedom to do that?

That goes beyond the bounds of what is and is not allowed, even in public school. Children are free to pray if they wish. It is freedom of religion.

Nope. I prayed all the time before tests, not to a god necessarily, but definitely prayed. It shouldn't be mandated and observed as a group practice in the school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join