Fate of Ark of the Covenant Revealed in Hebrew Text

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

A newly translated Hebrew text claims to reveal where treasures from King Solomon's temple were hidden and discusses the fate of the Ark of the Covenant itself.

But unlike the Indiana Jones movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark," the text leaves the exact location of the Ark unclear and states that it, and the other treasures, "shall not be revealed until the day of the coming of the Messiah son of David …" putting it out of reach of any would-be treasure seeker.

King Solomon's Temple, also called the First Temple, was plundered and torched by the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar II in the sixth century B.C., according to the Hebrew Bible. The Ark of the Covenant is a chest that, when originally built, was said to have held tablets containing the 10 commandments. It was housed in Solomon's Temple, a place that contained many different treasures. [Religious Mysteries: 8 Alleged Relics of Jesus]

The newly translated text, called "Treatise of the Vessels" (Massekhet Kelim in Hebrew), says the "treasures were concealed by a number of Levites and prophets," writes James Davila, a professor at the University of St. Andrews, in an article in the book "Old Testament Pseudepigrapha More Noncanonical Scriptures Volume 1" (William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2013).

"Some of these (treasures) were hidden in various locations in the Land of Israel and in Babylonia, while others were delivered into the hands of the angels Shamshiel, Michael, Gabriel and perhaps Sariel …" writes Davila in his article.

Read the full story here: www.livescience.com...

What do you think? Does the ark of the covenant really exist? Will we ever find it?
If you can find any additional sources for this news please share.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
even if we did find it would it be any proof at all, expect there is stone carvings of words ?

not saying it in a bad way just looking at it in a bare bones point of view

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If we found it, those who had faith would likely believe. Those who did not, would not. It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe that is what is hidden on Oak island!

Okay maybe not. The stories of the power of the Ark remain a work of pure fantasy as far as I am concerned. If human nature has taught us anything it is that if anyone held that kind of power, the world would be a very different place today.

BTW pay no attention to my use of icons, I just stick whatever looks right there as I refuse to learn a new group.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I've looked into the Arks history quite a bit myself over the years {I find this stuff irresistibly fascinating} from various stories and from various angles I even have a partially completed thread on the topic. The deal here for me is that whether its truly holding the ten commandments from God or something very ancient and stolen from Egypt it'll be worth while to know what, if anything, it may contain.

Why would IF true, people die for it, steal it, fight battles over it, worship it, never mind building a huge temple to house it. How about all the seemingly convoluted procedures with handling and dress that were described?

For me, from what I've deduced there is something to this that's been hidden from the world.

edit on 8-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Maybe this is why Israel is so hell bent on taking over the Palestinians land. Perhaps they have additional information on the artifacts, though knowing the Israelis they'd probably just bomb their way to the target location and send in the troops. If they only have a general idea of the locations it would be a valid (in their eyes) reason to extend their control of territory.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, but where on earth is it?
I have read several threads on the subject myself, and my own personal opinion is that there is some truth to it, and that it might actually have been found a long time ago, and we are being kept in the dark about it.

So it actually might not even matter that new texts are being translated, or found, because it's already being guarded safely somewhere...

(Just speculating here.)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi Rainbow

It would be so cool to find the Ark at least then we'd have an idea of the truth of religion

I just find it ridiculous that the various factions would no doubt rather than unify, find something to fight over.

Imagine it the indisputable word of God being disputed

Kind of ironic

Cool thread thanks

Cody

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hello Cody,

I agree with you 100% and then some.

Also, if it were to be found that would be the news of the century.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ethiopia.

Id love to see it "found".. though I dont think its actually lost
Id like to see the contents.. finding out exactly what manna is ( or the machine) or Aarons trick rod.. or figuring out if the commandments say murder or kill... hoo-boy! LOL! I expect to see it on the deep web at some point for auction along with the spear of destiny.
edit on 8-1-2014 by Advantage because: left out the I in Ethiopia

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm thinking that what happened to it and the other artifacts, such as Aaron's staff, is the same thing that happens to many spoils of war. That is was stripped of its gold, broken and burned. The fragments of the Ten Commandments were crushed to bits.

Either way, it signals the end of God's covenant with the Jews, who clearly failed to keep the commandments and were therefore destroyed and scattered across the Earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So... basically... the fate of the Ark is NOT revealed in Hebrew texts... Kind of a let down eh? I thought for a minute it woulda validated the Ark being in Ethiopia.
Not sure what the point is then.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Chronogoblin
So... basically... the fate of the Ark is NOT revealed in Hebrew texts... Kind of a let down eh? I thought for a minute it woulda validated the Ark being in Ethiopia.
Not sure what the point is then.

I liked the "some of the artifacts were given to angels" bit. To me, that means they were destroyed.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The whole story of the ark intrigues me. I started a little thread on it not long ago.

I like the theory that it may be in Ethiopia but in my opinion the reason they don't allow anybody inside the temple is so nobody knows there is nothing in there.

I like the story of the Knights Templar excavating under Solomons temple for years and every account of that pretty much agrees that they came out and became rich and powerful. Was it the Ark?

Is it actually written that any army that carries the Ark is invincible? because the Knights were defeated. But perhaps for some reason unbeknownst to us today, they decided to carry the Ark across the ocean and bury it on Oak island.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Dear Rainbow - I like to think it has been found but it has to happen on God's time. It's been discussed before, re: Ron Wyatt. But here are two links that I think you'll enjoy checking out. I just found the deathbed testimony transcript last night myself.

www.arkdiscovery.com...
www.covenantkeepers.co.uk...
edit on 8/1/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

Thank you very much for the links, I will check them out.

I'm also leaning towards the idea of it already having been found, and tucked away somewhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

My pleasure. Mindblowing if true and so cool how God uses people as He sees fit.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They say they gave artifacts to Angels- does anyone else find that strange? Either they're just making things up, or they gave them to ancient aliens.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

cody599
Imagine it the indisputable word of God being disputed

so, you're saying that, if they found it and it contained stone tablets with ten commandments etched into it, it would be indisputable proof of god? Really? There's no way someone could have etched the stones themselves and then claimed they were the handed down from God?

Finding the Ark would be an incredible thing. It would verify aspects of the bible but it would still only be a very important artifact. If, however, upon opening the Ark, there was some Raider's type pyrotechnics and the people opening the Ark were given crazy powers or enlightenment. Then it would be proof of God.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So many possibilities, Ethiopia, oak island, knights templar, I even believe in the very real possibility that it really is hidden somewhere in the giant warehouse underneath the field museum of natural history as portrayed in raiders of the lost arc, it is rumored among certain people here in Chicago that the warehouse underneath the Field museum has six different levels of warehouse underground, and that it is housing all of the things you can imagine from antiquity from the scrolls of the library at Alexandria, bones of all the mummies, and dinosaurs records and artifacts of every kind.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join