It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandfather was a MASON

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrFMPerson

Once you are a master mason, you will be asked to join the Shrine, the Scottish Rite, the York RIte, and possibly other side orders. Keep in mind, each of these order have dues associated with them. Joining is the easy part. For the Shrine, you will have an initiation that will be fun for you and everyone else. The Scottish Rite is different in that you will watch several plays that are put on by members of the Rite to teach lessons. You won't have to memorize things, just watch them. The York Rite is more of an action thing where you get to do things for each degree. (I only know what I have heard on the YR and Shrine, as I am not a member yet.)

You will have your whole life to do masonic things. My advice it take it slowly, learn what it is to be a mason before you get caught up on other side orders. You will need to go to meetings, help with degrees, and understand the reasons you did what you did and said what you said, in the three degrees of masonry, to fully understand the big picture. Try not to let anyone push you into things you aren't ready for. They will have the best of intentions, but only you know what's best for you. Ask all the questions you want.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

thanks, that is probably one of the best answers i had

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mrFMPerson

Once you've been a Master Mason for a period of time (usually 1 month to 1 year, depending on the Constitution of the side order), you can choose to join any side order you want. You then ask a Brother in your Lodge who is a member of that side Order to be your Proposer and fill in the forms.

Th matter does go to Ballot, but in practice, nobody is ever blackballed, because that would mean that the integrity of all the other Brethren in your Lodge who are vouching for you in the side Order would be in question, which is against the principles of Freemasonry.

Some side Orders do require you to belong to others first - for example, in the English Constitution, if you want to join the Knights Templar, you must be a active in the Holy Royal Arch, but once you've joined the Holy Royal Arch, you can simply choose to join the Knights Templar in the same manner as I have described above.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see that NetworkDude had already answered the question...

edit on 11/1/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Criminal bikie gangs do lots of ''Good'' for the community too, does that make them ''Good '' ?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

wombatta
Criminal bikie gangs do lots of ''Good'' for the community too, does that make them ''Good '' ?

Only if Ron Pearlman is running them.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My Grandfather on my fathers side was a Grand Master ,my father only told me that once ,since hes a Catholic but his mother was not ,well a convert . Always wondered if that had some bad influence on my life ,being the third child i was always treated differently from the others ,always played on my mind

<< 1   >>

join