It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't worry folks. 500% radiation levels on California beaches only red painted plastic forks.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor from William of Ockham) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in logic and problem-solving. It states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

The razor states that one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for greater explanatory power. The simplest available theory need not be most accurate.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Are you telling me that you suspect you and your family are suffering from low level radiation poisoning that has already produced symptoms and you are still living there? You aren't taking a few weeks off to go to the in-laws in Montana or something? WTF? Is any job worth that much?

ChaoticOrder
What kind of drugs are they smoking.

It isn't so much what kind of drugs they are smoking but more about what kind of drugs the sheeple are on, since they obviously thought such an explanation would be believed. I believe these drugs are called "MSM", "Mercury or Hg", "NDF" (nutrient deficient foods) and "PSIIS" (please say it isn't so), or "pissers" as they are known colloquially.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Well put sir.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe but what I know is we are running out of land regardless of how it has become unsustainable. Even if it's only small losses over thousands of years and I believe the loss is still much greater than the gains towards our ability to find a new planet that can sustain life and one that isn't already taken. Travel at the speed of light gets us nowhere relative to the immense size of the galaxy and that's the fastest we can theoretically go according to our best scientists. Not that it matters as we fight among ourselves too much for any real progress towards higher achievements.
edit on 8-1-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

nugget1

If the doctor truly believes it's from radiation, why didn't he prescribe potassium iodide for your children? Since children are so much more susceptible to thyroid damage, causing cancer and other diseases , it would seem to have been a no-brainer.

I don't want to get into the arguments of whether the radiation means anything or not again (hint: it doesn't) but potassium iodide is not a cure all radiation med. It's taken as a preventive measure, and it only protects against radioactive iodine since they both concentrate in the thyroid. Taking the KI ahead of time lets it collect in your thyroid and prevent the radioactive material from taking hold. It does nothing after exposure, and it does nothing against other types of radiation. Worth pointing out, radioactive iodine, specifically iodine 131 has a half life of 8 days. Seeing as how it takes 3 years for the currents to come from Japan to the Pacific Coast (and the radiation plume hasn't arrived yet, but lets not worry about facts) that means a VERY small amount is all that's left. Somewhere around 5.4738*10^-46%

So the point? KI isn't without side effects, some of which are permanent and life threatening. It's not something you give out or take lightly, only when there's a reason to.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Well there you have it. Nothing to fear here and this should put an end to all the panic. I wish people would stop bringing their take out food to the beach leaving their red painted eating utensils laying around everywhere like cigarette butts. If you think burying them in the sand will hide your littering ways, you're wrong because hand held radiation detectors will find them. Anyway, it's safe to go back in water. Have a nice day.

Indeed!

Or, one could find a better source than RT to find out what's going on..

International Medcom CEO Dan Sythe later put the dirt sample in a spectrum analyzer to view the radioactive “signature” of the particles, the photon energy associated with each isotope. What he found was different from cesium-137, the fissile material used in the Fukushima reactors. He would know – since the 2011 meltdown, Sythe has visited Japan nine times to help map the cesium fallout.

Instead he was seeing radium and thorium, naturally occurring radioactive elements.

“It doesn’t mean that it‘s OK. It's not something you'd want your baby playing in,” Sythe said. “All we’re saying is this radiation is not from Fukushima.”

www.hmbreview.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

frugal
I wouldn't lay down on the floor at the hospital in the x-ray room. All the rad particles fall to the floor and last for who knows?

What?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm sitting here right now watching Nightline that I just happened to stumble upon. Topic? The Fukushima disaster. They've got some news model traipsing around the plant in a hazmat suit and marveling at how TEPCO has been able to handle such a monumental problem "safely". She says "Scientists admit that trace amounts of radiation may reach the US but don't know what effect it may have" or something along those lines. I'm throwing up in my mouth a little so I think I need to change the channel.

ETA: It's got a very pretty and scary graphic too "RADIOACTIVE"
edit on 1/8/14 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Ya, sure does make you sick eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I know this is like my second post here, but the following link was in a comment on the video in question. I haven't had time to dig into who posted this article, but its kinda funny that the guy that made the video sells this stuff.

skeptoid.com... hasing-radiation-and-ended-up-following-the-money/

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

The question is, if the radiation showing up has nothing to do with Fuku, then why in the hell are we seeing high rad counts in the snow out in Missouri? The person who took those readings has been testing since the very beginning, after everything happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

We got a similar blurb on our local news as well. "Trace amounts, nothing to be concerned about, going to the beach is safe".. I'm shocked they didn't tell us all to just go shopping! Looks like the msm is scrambling to cover up all those independent readings that people are taking around the country with their geiger counters, even going so far as to say that only "experts" can take accurate readings. My foot!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

You heard the doctors uneducated opinion. Sorry but doctors are not gods no matter how some people want to think they are. Mostly doctor's themselves. You've never gotten wrong information from a doctor ? Sounds like that doctor reads conspiracy theories or is guessing at best. Obviously he didn't read up on the subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

And when one looks at the backside of the handle on said fork it says............................Made in Japan.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

That statement makes me question what the flying hell was in that paint.

Really? Red. Painted. Forks?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like Mulder's take on Occam'z Razor:

Doggett: "The more basic answer is what we're dealing with here is simply a man. A psychotic killer with a deformed foot. You're familiar with the principle of Occam's Razor?"

Scully: "Yeah. You take every possible explanation and you choose the simplest one. Agent Mulder used to refer to it as, 'Occam's Principle of Limited Imagination'."

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I agree. Hilarious to me that 'forks' would give off such HIGH levels from all over the beach.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong but.... if it was radiation sickness wouldn't the kids keep throwing up? If it passes after a couple of days is it not more likely to be a stomach bug?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

You don't seem to understand (or want to) the premise behind Occam's Razor. It is simply a simplification formula that states in lack of evidence to the contrary select path of less resistance. Since energy in any system has a cost the path that uses less energy to comply with the requirements is the best, always the best one. For all evidence is the preferred solution to all natural processes.

You may not understand or like it but it is a truism...

edit on 9-1-2014 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Aisling

The question is, if the radiation showing up has nothing to do with Fuku, then why in the hell are we seeing high rad counts in the snow out in Missouri? The person who took those readings has been testing since the very beginning, after everything happened.

Come again????? Im in Missouri. This is the first I have heard about our snow being radioactive....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join