It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Lights Finally Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yes, finally )

But many people know this from long long time ago )

Here is some interesting info for those who did not believe in this and similar also for all of us ..

Also this electromagnetic signal's is very useful to me to predict earthquakes, also can be seen on some special equipment before big earthquakes like pre-earthquake signals some 5-48 hrs in advance and similar ..

Bizarre Earthquake Lights Finally Explained

National Geographic

Published January 6, 2014

Instead, the lights are caused by electrical properties of certain rocks in specific settings, report scientists in a new paper.

Sometimes called earthquake lightning, the lights can take "many different shapes, forms, and colors," says study coauthor Friedemann Freund, an adjunct professor of physics at San Jose State University and a senior researcher at NASA's Ames Research Center.

Freund says common forms of earthquake lights include bluish flames that appear to come out of the ground at ankle height; orbs of light called ball lightning that float in the air for tens of seconds or even minutes; and quick flashes of bright light that resemble regular lightning strikes, except they come out of the ground instead of the sky and can stretch up to 650 feet (200 meters).

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Prevalence of Earthquake Lights Associated with Rift Environments
© 2014 by the Seismological Society of America

Robert Thériaulta,
France St‐Laurentb,
Friedemann T. Freundc and
John S. Derrd

srl.geoscienceworld.org...
edit on 8-1-2014 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I read this article in the link provided and I still think it's hogwash. Now I know people wil say " well what? You think it's aliens?" Well I'm not sure but I don't believe this! Sorry

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

How would you explain it then, seems a perfectly plausible explanation to me

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

It's been posted at least twice the past couple of days, but seeing how the search function on ATS is crippled I won't blame ya.

As for the lights, I'm sure that many can be explained as earthquake lights but not all.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Daver2056
I'm sorry but I read this article in the link provided and I still think it's hogwash. Now I know people wil say " well what? You think it's aliens?" Well I'm not sure but I don't believe this! Sorry

Any reasons you could give that you think it's "hogwash"? A hypothesis, theory,...?

new topics

top topics

join