It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gemini Planet Imager First Light - actual images of a planet.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverseaha a brown dwarf not a planet.
I love to be corrected thanks for taking the time. Carry on and i will have to go back to school because im envious of your superior knowledge.arrghh

That's ok. You should also know that at the low end of the Brown Dwarf (~10 Jupiter Masses) scale we're having trouble determining whether objects are planets or brown dwarfs. But in the case of Gliese 229 B there is no question.

By the way I love your name. Is that from the Black Sabbath song? (Great song!)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

JadeStar

I love to be corrected thanks for taking the time. Carry on and i will have to go back to school because im envious of your superior knowledge.arrghh

That's ok. You should also know that at the low end of the Brown Dwarf (~10 Jupiter Masses) scale we're having trouble determining whether objects are planets or brown dwarfs. But in the case of Gliese 229 B there is no question.

yes it is,wow, a symptom of the universe-a love that never dies , thanks jade your a star

I was reading about earth size gas planets the other day ,the mind boggles. The more we see the more astounding it will all be.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

JadeStar

yes it is,wow, a symptom of the universe-a love that never dies , thanks jade your a star

I was reading about earth size gas planets the other day ,the mind boggles. The more we see the more astounding it will all be.

Yes. Mother Nature has a hell of an imagination. No planet formation model predicted earth size gas planets or gas giants orbiting close to their stars or super earths. The universe is far more diverse than our solar system that's for sure! I can't wait until we can take some detailed photos of these worlds!

'take me through the centuries to supersonic eras'

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Supersonic years,years not eras lol hope you don't mind.
Can you friend people on ATS?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by JadeStar

Supersonic years,years not eras lol hope you don't mind.
Can you friend people on ATS?

Oops. Yeah it's years. I don't know why I wrote eras. Lol.

and yes you can friend people on ATS. I don't know how but i've seen people freind me before in my U2Us

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join