It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for Noah's Ark theme park face collapse without more funds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Imagine that....another failed creationist themepark....can anyone name one that has actually opened and stayed open? This one may not even open at all. So I can't recall Six Flags ever closing but could be wrong....I just know I have been going to the one near me for over 25 years. I don't see this one lasting very long, but lets add a conspiracy in here....maybe, just maybe they are actually making a working ark because they know something....LOL!!!!!

The first phase is estimated to cost $73 million, according to Bloomberg. About $14 million had been raised before the bond sale, which was supposed to make up the difference, but Ham said that Ark Encounter has had no institutional investors buy its bonds

$73 Million for something Noah supposedly did by himself, or with the help of few? Now if that doesn't tell you the story is just a story then I don't know what would.

I just find it REALLY funny that they need $29 Million more to keep the project going....ridiculous.

The Christian nonprofit Answers in Genesis, the group behind Ark Encounter, has sold unrated municipal bonds worth $26.5 million, but needs to sell another $29 million by Feb. 6 to avoid triggering redemption of what's already been sold

Source
edit on 1/8/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
$73 Million for something Noah supposedly did by himself, or with the help of few?

I dont think Noah put theme park rides in his ark for the animals!!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
I don't see this one lasting very long, but lets add a conspiracy in here....maybe, just maybe they are actually making a working ark because they know something....LOL!!!!!

Why focus on the past when preparing for the possible future seems more beneficial eh?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/282e1da92342.jpg[/atsimg]
'Doomsday' Seed Vault Stores 500,000 Crops

A mold-resistant bean, a German pink tomato and a wild strawberry plucked from the flanks of a Russian volcano are just some of the crops whose seeds are being tucked away this week in a giant vault dug out of a mountainside of the Norwegian island Svalbard.

With these new deposits, the so-called Svalbard "Doomsday" Global Seed Vault will reach its half-million mark of seed varieties. The giant icebox of sorts, which was officially opened on Feb. 26, 2008, is meant to protect the world's crop diversity from natural or manmade disasters.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Biigs

Vasa Croe
$73 Million for something Noah supposedly did by himself, or with the help of few?

I dont think Noah put theme park rides in his ark for the animals!!

You are correct.....the ark was only $21 Million of that....

As for Ark Encounter, so far, land has been purchased, design work has been completed, and Amish builders from Indiana have been enlisted for construction. The ark is expected to cost about $21 million, of which the ministry has raised more than $8 million (supporters can sponsor a peg for $100; a “Lifetime Charter Boarding Pass” is available for $3,000 per family). When I asked Zovath whether his project was really achievable—whether he could safely and efficiently fabricate a multimillion-dollar tourist attraction to God’s specifications, using only wooden pegs, planks, beams, and whatever else might have been available to Noah—he didn’t hesitate.

“It’s certainly possible,” he said. “It was done a few thousand years ago.”

Source

Love how Zovath, who has direct relations with Ham and the failed Creation Museum, states it was done a few thousand years ago....wonder how much it cost back then? If he truly wanted to make a statement he would build it in the same manner with the same number of people that were used, but alas, I don't think that information is available.

Zovath + Ham = Double FAIL. Doomed before it was even started in my opinion.
edit on 1/8/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am sorry but I just really have to laugh at this quote.....

My questions about other specifics were met with a quick, relentless defense. How did eight people feed and clean up after several thousand wild animals? Conveyor belts. How did Noah pack enough food for everyone? He pelletized it. What kept all the animals from eating each other? The hand of God.

“We don’t want anyone to think we’re just making things up,” said Marsh, who is Ark Encounter’s design director.

Source

So Answers in Genesis, who according to this article are "devoted to defending the Christian faith via a literal reading of the Bible, without allowances for allegory" is stating that Noah built conveyor belts to handle all the animals, pelletized food and the hand of God kept the animals from eating each other...LOL Then they say they don't want anyone to think they are just making things up?

So then there is this quote from them as well....

One team of advisers, led by Georgia Purdom, who has a doctorate in molecular genetics from Ohio State University, is attempting to compile a definitive list of which animals would have been required to re-speciate the Earth in Noah’s time. According to the Answers in Genesis Web site, God allowed for the “potential for tremendous variety within the original created kinds.” Through “genetic mutations and other mechanisms,” those original kinds generated the “great diversity of living things we see today.” Although by some estimates nearly 8 million species of animals are thought to inhabit the planet right now, Answers in Genesis believes that Noah would have needed just 2,000 to 4,000 “original kinds” for his ark—which helps explain how everyone managed to fit. The original created kind later yielded all other kinds: the ur-dog begat wolves, dingoes, foxes, Great Danes, poodles, and so on. “We’re trying to define—and it’s never been done before, we’re breaking new ground—how many dogs make up a dog-kind, and what does that dog-kind look like?,” Zovath said.

So wait...you mean there weren't two of every living thing as the bible stated? But I thought Answers in Genesis said everything in the bible happened literally.

This project is a joke and is making a mockery of the Christian religion I think. While I am not a religious person nor believe in the bible in the least, I would think that anyone that is a Christian would be pissed about this guy building this theme park and jumping to wild speculation about something that has never been proven.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
If he truly wanted to make a statement he would build it in the same manner with the same number of people that were used, but alas, I don't think that information is available.

But then they would have to find people that would want to do the same job for a few hundred years like Noah & Co.

Gives a whole new meaning to office boredom.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So, a theme park about something that never happened isn't going to happen.

Imagine that.

The other thing I'm wondering is; is the 10% the faithful are already suppose to be giving not enough?

Further, I've heard he saves, but, just what bank does Jesus Save at?

edit on 1/8/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I guess if they don't have the money to build the ark, then that world wide tidal wave is not coming either. Damn it. I bought swim fins. Maybe they should ask for pieces of gopher wood from the belivers, hey' you could always use KickStarter.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They know that it'd be a one trick pony just like the 'Creation' museum with no new information, no new displays or exhibits (unlike real museums...), just the same old tired and literal interpretations of the bible and it'd fail just as hard.

Maybe they'll include a few new tyrannosaur saddle designs though...

edit on 8-1-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here is a good reason that the story that Noah put two of every animal on the planet is bunk. Termites. Would you seriously consider putting ANY number of termites on a WOODEN ship with you to spend countless days on?

Also, how did Noah collect 2 of every microscopic animal on the planet? You know the one-celled organisms and all.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Prezbo369
They know that it'd be a one trick pony just like the 'Creation' museum with no new information, no new displays or exhibits (unlike real museums...), just the same old tired and literal interpretations of the bible and it'd fail just as hard.

Maybe they'll include a few new tyrannosaur saddle designs though...

edit on 8-1-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

Exactly....even Disney has to change out it's attractions...Even Six Flags gets new rides. Going to see an Ark would get old quickly. That and already limiting your possible park guests by making it a creation park is just begging for it to go under before it gets started.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

If you are interested in peddling religion to kids, which lets face it, is the whole goal of this, my advice is to drop the whole Noah's arc thing.

It's a showstopper for anyone with any amount of critical thinking skill. Can't the gospels be shuffled or translated again to fix that?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

The whole bible is a show stopper for anyone with critical thinking skills.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
Imagine that....another failed creationist themepark....can anyone name one that has actually opened and stayed open? This one may not even open at all.

www.holylandexperience.com...

However, it does look like a risky business to get into. Then again The Passion of the Christ did pretty well with the religious crowd.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Here is a good reason that the story that Noah put two of every animal on the planet is bunk. Termites. Would you seriously consider putting ANY number of termites on a WOODEN ship with you to spend countless days on?

Also, how did Noah collect 2 of every microscopic animal on the planet? You know the one-celled organisms and all.

Actually it's a little know fact that there were 2 arks.

One flled with all the animals we know today.

the second filled with unicorns, sasquaches, chupacabras, termites and beavers.

The beavers fortunately could swim and the termites survived on the wood flotsum after the inevidable breakup.

It's wriiten in the Book of Enus.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

interupt42

Vasa Croe
Imagine that....another failed creationist themepark....can anyone name one that has actually opened and stayed open? This one may not even open at all.

www.holylandexperience.com...

However, it does look like a risky business to get into. Then again The Passion of the Christ did pretty well with the religious crowd.

Ah...there is one. Looks like it had its fair share of ups and downs though. It is also not a creation based theme park...appears to accept all forms of Christianity from their site. Not sure if they preach creation there or not but would imagine they would have some kind of reference to it there.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
I am sorry but I just really have to laugh at this quote.....

My questions about other specifics were met with a quick, relentless defense. How did eight people feed and clean up after several thousand wild animals? Conveyor belts. How did Noah pack enough food for everyone? He pelletized it. What kept all the animals from eating each other? The hand of God.

“We don’t want anyone to think we’re just making things up,” said Marsh, who is Ark Encounter’s design director.

Source

So Answers in Genesis, who according to this article are "devoted to defending the Christian faith via a literal reading of the Bible, without allowances for allegory" is stating that Noah built conveyor belts to handle all the animals, pelletized food and the hand of God kept the animals from eating each other...LOL Then they say they don't want anyone to think they are just making things up?

So then there is this quote from them as well....

One team of advisers, led by Georgia Purdom, who has a doctorate in molecular genetics from Ohio State University, is attempting to compile a definitive list of which animals would have been required to re-speciate the Earth in Noah’s time. According to the Answers in Genesis Web site, God allowed for the “potential for tremendous variety within the original created kinds.” Through “genetic mutations and other mechanisms,” those original kinds generated the “great diversity of living things we see today.” Although by some estimates nearly 8 million species of animals are thought to inhabit the planet right now, Answers in Genesis believes that Noah would have needed just 2,000 to 4,000 “original kinds” for his ark—which helps explain how everyone managed to fit. The original created kind later yielded all other kinds: the ur-dog begat wolves, dingoes, foxes, Great Danes, poodles, and so on. “We’re trying to define—and it’s never been done before, we’re breaking new ground—how many dogs make up a dog-kind, and what does that dog-kind look like?,” Zovath said.

So wait...you mean there weren't two of every living thing as the bible stated? But I thought Answers in Genesis said everything in the bible happened literally.

This project is a joke and is making a mockery of the Christian religion I think. While I am not a religious person nor believe in the bible in the least, I would think that anyone that is a Christian would be pissed about this guy building this theme park and jumping to wild speculation about something that has never been proven.

I think most religious people manage to do that themselves anyway
Dont they ?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The biggest challenge is accurately recreating something fictional. The attraction would have required employees to sign a statement affirming that they are Christians, thus also serving as a historical reenactment of the Spanish Inquisition.
The project would have also included a replica of the biblical Tower of Babel, not only attracting millions of visitors but also defying God in the process.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What sickens me is the the number of people who they could help, feed, clothe, with $73 million.

But no, they'd rather build a theme park to attract their like.

Jesus would be proud. #sarcasm

Disgusting.

ETA: I'm sure a few of these mega-millions superpastors would offer to donate some of THEIR money, right? Oh yeah, they want to keep it for themselves.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

you are right about it being a mockery. A commercial venture to capitalize ( and bleed money from ) those of Faith. Reality is the entire world is a theme park without the concession stands and ticket counters.

What I find more ludicrous is how people diminish God to human level. Why would God even need Noah to build an ark> He didn't and it was a test of Noah and his Faith in God. The same way Abraham was tested when God told him to sacrifice Isaac after running Ishmael off at the urging of his wife. That is a key point to remember though because it ws also Eve who got Adam to take that bite and Muhammad's wife who convinced him he wasn't possessed but had visions of God while in a cave. Ironic that most other encounters with God occur on places that are high up but in this case he saw God in a cave. Lucifer was beautiful remember? I am not bible literate enough to quote precisely but I don't recall the description as being handsome. Maybe I am wrong if someone cares to correct me...

Yeah, all a test of Faith after God Himself saw just how evil His creation had become and reaching that final point in time where He either took it all back or give creation another chance. Consider if you were told to bring all the animals aboard... do you really think that every animal was within reach of Noah? Perhaps God was only implying those within the sphere of influence of Noah like livestock? How hard would it have been for God to move the rest unknown and without human help? How do you explain that there are no snakes in Hawaii? No Kangaroos in America? Do you really think that everything was on the ark? Can anyone claim that even the written word hadn't been influenced by the early scribes?

I believe in God not merley have a belief of God and knowing God can do anything I don't diminish His capabilities by ascribing human capability or attributes to Him.

This is all a moot point at this point in time anyway. The truth is already here for those who can discern direction. It is either up or down now. The only thing remaining is the final conflict between good and evil and while there was a time I was not only willing to share I actually wanted to share as it seemed like a calling to open hearts and minds.

But after futile efforts at finding humanity in others ( just take a close look at the tone of people as they supposedly "share" what they will with others, and the way bearing false witness seems to have become vogue in online forums) I no lnoger care about you. That is the waxing cold of the heart and the hating of this world. So my direction now... wiser and not being fooled again by misplaced hope. Hope is only available through a single source and not forthcoming from a hopeless world that seeks self gratification rather than universal justice.

meh, w/e. So many points I just touched upon the only thing that matters to me is Faith and I won't find it amongst men as they are as Faithless today as they have been throughout human history. There is a reason behind it all. None are worthy of the Blessings that are found in every day waking life.( which is why men/churches are all so impotent to manifest the will of the Lord) I count my Blessings daily yet am still comforted in knowing that God does provide if we seek with our hearts and not our minds. Why the differentiation? Because mankind has an imagination. You are thinking I imagine God and that doesn't phase me... it is your cross to bear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join