It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy and/or Physics of Retrocausality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm with you on this one. An accessible way of thinking about it can be to replace the current understanding of time with linear cause and effect with a systems dynamic view of time where future values of measurements can be back-propagated in time as inputs to the system (most likely with the addition of noise as the communication channels seem to be notoriously noisy but statistically significant.)

Finding the solutions to the resulting systems are almost certainly likely to be np-complete, which may be why the hardware is required to be a quantum computer

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

NorEaster
if you're actually interested in understanding the notion, and the fully factored out ramifications of retrocausality on a macrosystem (like our Universe, for instance) then a good place to start is Lee Smolin's "Time Reborn" (linked above).

I am very much interested, thank you for the information.
Like I said, to me it makes sense.
But I am open to reading the opposing view.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

FlyersFan

NorEaster
if you're actually interested in understanding the notion, and the fully factored out ramifications of retrocausality on a macrosystem (like our Universe, for instance) then a good place to start is Lee Smolin's "Time Reborn" (linked above).

I am very much interested, thank you for the information.
Like I said, to me it makes sense.
But I am open to reading the opposing view.

Lee Smolin is a pretty impressive individual. He was on the team that "invented" Loop Quantum Gravity. Not that I embrace anything involving strings, but it does suggest that his pedigree is to be reckoned with.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

FlyersFan

I"m not looking at it like that. I'm looking at it like time is a big pond and when an event happens (like a rock falling in the pond), it sends ripples out all around .. forward, backwards, sideways .... and even downwards because the rock falls that way which effects the 'down'.

Thats simple and not totally accurate, but that's the best I can come up with right now ...

Your issue is that you are seeing time as a place, but its not, it is a progression

How is time measured?

by the movement of things in comparison to our own position/movement (earth around the sun equals one year)

Time is simply movement, therefore to "move" back in time is an oxymoron

if you think of it like that then it is impossible for the future to affect the past or present,

first off because those times dont exist, nothing but the present does

when you think of the past, are you seeing a different time?

no, you are using present elements (mind and memory) to create a sensory perception of a fixed progression, same as with the future (except your using prediction)

Secondly the only way to go back in time is to cause a regression in which all of the elements in the universe (or beyond) go back to the original state from which they were, meaning that you wouldnt even know it happened and thus would be stuck in a loop

but again to "cause" a regression is an oxymoron

Your right in the sense that when an event happens it sends ripple effects, but those are only contained to the present, or present processes

Although I am not a scientist in any regard, and still have a huge amount to learn on these subjects, I would be willing to bet that any supposed process that seems to disregard time (quantum mechanics etc.) is not that it is operating outside of time but that it operates within time but on different methodology

or maybe I just dont know enough

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

GeorgeH
Greetings,

As a trained spiritual mind practitioner I look at this subject from a different perspective.

There is but One Mind, the Creators Mind. Therefore your mind and the mind of the recipient is one, one with the One Mind.

Therefore there is a “correction” in the mind when forgiveness is introduced. Since mind transcends time and space the term “past event’ has no meaning. We are talking about a “correction” in the belief system that heals the illusion of separation from the Creator. It also heals the allusion of matter being real.

What is Real cannot be harmed. What is unreal does not exist. CIM

See; The Science of Mind text book, also, A Course in Miracles (CIM). Both are on line.

I think this view is incredibly one sided and simplistic

And i will show you how:

Lets assume for arguments sake that we replace Mind with Collection

you could very well argue that there is one collection of humans on earth, but it is also true that there are different collections in different forms, countries, states, cities, groups etc.

To say that we are one mind with a creator may be accurate to a sense but it also leaves out another truth that is just as accurate which is that we are billions of minds (cells in a body)

What we truly are IMO is a middle point between being infinitely connectivity and infinite separation, and the form that that takes (our conscious) is not really any more significantly relevant than any other form (because of the infinite nature of things)

Now on point to your next point, that mind transcends space and time. I dont think so. I would like one incredibly logical reason for that. If anything mind is only relevant because of space and time.

Separation from the creator (I wont get into a debate over the creator argument here) is not our problem, its just a fact, the same as connectivity to the creator

separation from effective progression, now thats a real problem

The next time you can do an experiment in which matter is shown to be unreal, please video tape it and put it on youtube, because when I slipped on ice yesterday it was very real to my ass

of course maybe you meant it in a different way, like that our time here on earth is just an illusion and that we will return to and be reunited with the creator once we die

or maybe your just scarred and need something to keep you from dwelling on the reality of death too much

ever consider the possibility that being alive on earth is the reality and that the nothingness of death is the illusion?

Humans are so fond of the idea of continuity that we will come up with anything to make it relevant even in the face of the opposite

anyways this got a bit off topic, back to time

top topics

<< 1   >>

join