It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You EVER Seen The MOON Do This?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe the moon blinked because:
a) A rocket smacked it
b) A rover landed on a sensitive area on it
c) Project Blue Beam technology is outdated and is starting to fail like Samsung's teleprompter for Michael Bay's presentation at CES this past week.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

What you saw was the result of the major flare ocuring on the Sun, an X class one. UV from the Sun will affect our ionosphere, causing the flicker.

If the time period of the Coronal Mass Ejection is consistent with the sighing, it would be interesting, can a large mass projected from the sun block its light from the moon for a couple secs Seems like it could.

A massive solar flare erupted from the sun on Tuesday (Jan. 7), rising up from what appears to be one of the largest sunspot groups seen on the star's surface in a decade, NASA officials say.

www.space.com...

edit on 8-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

you went from a lit area (your house) out into the night at 10.30pm to fetch a book from your car, I am not saying the moon didnt blink, but the replies relate to the moon and the sun but what about your eyes, they are the only means we have to relay our surroundings to our brain, and they react to different conditions, its just a thought, but perhaps going from a lit area to the outside darkness, even with an outside light, its still very different to your eyes, I too am surrounded by fields of countryside, and get good views of the night sky with my telescope, i've seen a few odd things but never noticed the moon blinking, or maybe it was winking at you...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No but I have seen it wobble!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I reccommend the red pill and two shots of Jack before
admiring the moon for the rest of your life.

That way you have an excuse.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Blowback
relax theres nothing to worry about,,, sounds like you witnessed some top-secret military craft testing out there cloaking technology,,they usually travel in pairs with a wingman,,,most of the time they travel so fast that the cloaking technology doesnt bother to compensate for moon

best explination if ever heard on this site, might be my new qoute

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

DJW001

Is it just possible that you blinked twice without being conscious of it? Blinking is an unconscious mechanism.

3 blink replies in a row, are you serious? comon.....

I literally think blinking everytime i blink and i have since i was a kid, i'm sure shes pretty sure she didn't blink

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

well i got with

HOLOGRAM Moon and wer're being lied to, or my fav

"relax theres nothing to worry about,,, sounds like you witnessed some top-secret military craft testing out there cloaking technology,,they usually travel in pairs with a wingman,,,most of the time they travel so fast that the cloaking technology doesnt bother to compensate for moon "

SOounds SO aweSOme

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I live in Australia, and have also seen this on many occasions over the last 20 years or so, I put it down to my eyes adjusting the to light, you did mention that you had to go outside to get your book, so probably you were inside with some ambient light. Or, there is something sinister going on...or we're both going mad tellzya

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Best explanation is that something nearby passed quickly between yourself and the Moon, a couple of large birdies maybe.
edit on 8-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I say either the X-class event or cloaked ships. If I saw that I would have to fall on my @$$ and think for hours about what I had just seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
One blink for "yes", two blinks for "no"?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Taking your experience as fact the only way is for the sun to go out twice in a row

So what time did that x class solar flare happen???

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

GaryN

What you saw was the result of the major flare ocuring on the Sun, an X class one. UV from the Sun will affect our ionosphere, causing the flicker.

Interesting, any literature or sources to back that up? Sounds like an interesting read.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This probably sounds stupid to those learned fowke in astronomy because I know very little in this field, but what would the size of an object have to be to eclipse the sun from the moon, obviously closer to earth but on the other side of earth so the OP wouldn't see this object?

Please entertain my stupidity here if you could.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If the time period of the Coronal Mass Ejection is consistent with the sighing, it would be interesting, can a large mass projected from the sun block its light from the moon for a couple secs Seems like it could.

Solar flares have been found to affect the ionospheres of Mars, and it too blinks. It is not the matter thrown off by a CME, but the x-ray and UV flares, traveling at light speed, that affect the ionosphere within a few minutes of the flare. I haven't checked the exact times of the major flare against the OPs time of the reported blinking though.

@Rosinitiate

Interesting, any literature or sources to back that up? Sounds like an interesting read.

There are lots of articles about flares and Mars, here's just a short one:
Effects of solar flares on the ionosphere of Mars.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Would the millions of people on the day side of the Earth see the Sun blink out when this occured? Were there any reports of this?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I read a thread a while back about someone seeing the sun blink as you said you saw the moon do. Don't know what else to say, that's weird indeed.
Hope I do the link right:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

The blinking may be so quick that you'd need to be paying close attention to notice it. I do remember seeing a youtube vid, I think it was by Nassim Haramein, where he went frame-by-frame through a SOHO video (which is a stop-frame compilation really) and on some of the frames the brightness changed completely, just for one frame, but it happened a few times over the whole length of the vid. I'll see if I can find it again.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

It doesn't seem like the OPs observed blinking was from the major flares, almost a day out of sync, but apparently there had been many lesser flares leading up to, and after the X class ones. So, I'm going to propose that it is not the magnitude of the flares, but the precise location with respect to Earth. If my theories of how electro-magnetic energy travels in the vacuum are any where near correct, it may be that the flare has to occur when it is facing the earth at exactly the correct angle, perfectly 'head on' if you like.
It may then be worth watching out for such effects when a decent size sunspot is rotating towards the very centre of the Sun. Just an idea...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join