It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You EVER Seen The MOON Do This?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Wow! I consider myself to be well read and had never heard of that one.

Great find!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I did look into that, although from what I gathered that was like flashes that were seen, not dimming or in this case out completely.

I think I honestly would have rather seen a flash of light from the moon than it going completely dark lol

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I had a Moon-Blink experience several years ago, albeit through a telescope. I thought I was just seeing things until I looked into it. Its worth the read.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

SilverStarGazer

I did look into that, although from what I gathered that was like flashes that were seen, not dimming or in this case out completely.

I think I honestly would have rather seen a flash of light from the moon than it going completely dark lol

Understandable, my next assumption than wouldn't be a moon phenomenon but a optical illusion.

See, even if we are to go with the theory the moon is artificial, it is still a large surface that reflects light not a lightbulb itself. So either some galactic mothership crossed between the moon and its light source or the manner and the circumstances in which you blinked made it appear as such. Interesting nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

SilverStarGazer
reply to post by Aleister

If I hadn't been looking directly at it, I wouldn't have thought anything of it since I know how the corners of our eyes play tricks.

It's not just the corner of your eyes that play tricks. Here's one example:

People put way too much stock in there sight and there brains processing of that sight.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Ive heard this mentioned somewhere before

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

i couldn't see the color change, is it something wrong with me?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Lol, funny you say that. I first learned about this optical illusion in grade school when a teacher past out the exercise and tried it several times after that and worked perfectly every time. Interestingly, I tried it today also and it wasn't working for me either but it is early and my house is dim.

It always worked best starring at it and then looking directly into a light source instead of a wall or paper. The flag will still show in correct colors but instead of being on the wall it kinda hovers in the air by the light source.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

it must be my screen is too dim

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You might want to check out 3-D Holographic Display Using Barium, Strontium.

You can also see: NGO News: The sky is an LCD Screen / Hologram and NGO News: The sky is an LCD Screen / Hologram 2.

Those last two are youtube links, but I'm at work and can't figure out how to embed them properly with our firewall blocking access to the actual sites.

Cliff notes: Scientists have a way to project holographic scenes using barium and strontium... which, coincidentally, are the same materials allegedly used in chemtrails. I'm not completely swayed, but it's certainly something that makes you wonder, because I've also seen the moon exhibit some odd behaviors over the past few years.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, you did the right thing, you asked others for confirmation of the event.
There doesn't seem to be any confirmation that I am aware of yet.

So eliminate the impossible to find what is left.

It couldn't have been celestial, as we would all have shared it.
It doesn't make sense that the Sun itself would just suddenly darken out in two quick blinks.
Maybe it did but wouldn't the sunny side of the world throw a fit about it?

It would seem the most likely solution is that you witnessed an optical illusion of some sort.
What kind? Good question. Several possibilities.

But it seems incredibly unlikely that the "event" was cosmic in nature.
It appears highly localized to your point of view.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Aleister
How long did the effect last? There is a horrifying story by Ray Bradbury in which the sun brightens considerably at night, and people party, except for those who knows what it means, that the sun has gone into a nova state or at least partial nova.

Larry Niven, not Bradbury. It's "Inconstant Moon". Great story.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
One possibility is that the Moon happened to be over your eye's blind spot. But that usually requires the other eye to be closed.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Everyone knows the moon is hollow. Is it possible that their power station had a momentary outage? I never bought into that whole sunlight bouncing off the moon thing anyway.

Well it's either that or the OP has a tumor.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Eclipse maybe? Check on NASA's website for times and dates.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

If you are not constantly aware or subconsciously dismissive of your eye blinks then I would say you have a problem...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As others have said, the only way for the moon to "blink" off and on, would be for something to block the light from the sun reaching it for only a moment.

If it were an object in the vicinity of Earth's orbit, it would need to be an object the same size as the moon itself or larger (because the apparent size of the moon and sun are the same and cover 1/2 a degree in the sky).

The closer you get to the sun, the larger the object would have to be, and because of our perspective here on Earth, any object that large blocking the light to the moon that is that large would also make the sun "blink" for people on the day side of Earth at that time.

Another solution if the moon did indeed appear to "blink" off and on, would be for the reflect light of the moon to be interrupted by an object between you and the moon. A large bird could do this if it was close enough to you. However the further we get from you, the larger the object would need to be, and also an increase in speed (that goes for the other idea too: object blocking the sun's light, it would need to be moving at tremendous speed).

A eclipse of any kind does not happen in a "blink". Lunar eclipses (when the moon passes into the Earth's shadow) take a long time to happen. Objects moving at orbital speeds, while fast, are not fast enough to make something "blink".

What helps is having others also having seen what you are describing. Considering the amount of people in the world, and the amount of people who star gaze or amateur astronomers, I would think that at any given time, there would be many, many people happen to be looking at the moon while you said this happened.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Blowback
relax theres nothing to worry about,,, sounds like you witnessed some top-secret military craft testing out there cloaking technology,,they usually travel in pairs with a wingman,,,most of the time they travel so fast that the cloaking technology doesnt bother to compensate for moon

Of course it was, of course they do

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What you saw was the result of the major flare ocuring on the Sun, an X class one. UV from the Sun will affect our ionosphere, causing the flicker.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm betting it has something to do with a Chinese Rabbit!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join