It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the biggest lie the US Govt' has pulled over it's citizens that's made you cringe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertDeniro

Its more important to pass laws to regulate the people in the following ways :
1. To ensure they don' t don't steal music.
2. Smoke a plant that is freely grown in their backyard.
3. To ensure they are NOT made aware if they are buying a Genetically modified organism grown in a lab versus real meat.
4. To ensure that the people can't Anonymously express their opinions of products and services.
5. To ensure that people have limited choices and allow for Oligopolies to strive .
6. To ensure presidential terms are limited but not congressional terms.
7. To ensure insider trading is allowed for the right group of people only.
8. To ensure when big business fails they get bailed out.
9. To ensure the middle class redistributes its wealth to the lower class in order to ensure they can be consumers of products they can't afford
10. ............ etc

Than to openly discuss or take serious the need to pass regulations or the need to restructure the existing lobbying influences on our congress.

So I would say the biggest lie is that: its pure coincidence that the biggest profit industrie$ have the largest lobbyist and are the least liked industries by the consumers.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What's the biggest lie the US Govt' has pulled over it's citizens that's made you cringe?

That’s easy!!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

"It was a weather balloon."

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's a toss up between 9/11 and the Roswell crash

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
The start of it all: The War on Drugs.

You can trace the government's overspending back to this farce. We have the highest prison population in the world by a large margin thanks to this farce. Militarization of the police really started because of this "war." Oh and it stripped the liberty of being able to put whatever substance we want into our bodies away from us.

I agree it is one of the biggest lies and biggest propaganda machines the world has ever seen. It is much deeper than most people realize. I have heard from numerous good sources that certain US government agencies are also in on the illegal trade and their cartel was responsible for a lot of the violence in Mexico that made headlines in the US. This thread scratches the surface of what is really going on: This is a Biggie if true!! CIA did in DEA agent not drug cartel!

That said I think our banking system, the FED and how it truly works is the biggest lie that they pulled off.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That the Bush-43 administration:

1. Didn't drop the ball on 9/11 intelligence.
2. Didn't subsequently use 9/11 to lie us into perpetual war.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What bothers me more than the lies is that so many of us just accept the lies and move on. No one questions, no one judges, they just do and know what they're told to do and know.

I ask people on the streets all the time if they know that a third building fell on 9/11. Most of them just look at me. Some of them know that WTC#7 fell, but they don't question why or how. People only think on one level, the level of observation, seeing is believing. They don't use their imagination to ask questions, but they do use their imaginations to push away reality, to prop up the illusion, to deny the truth.

To deny these truths is a great feat of imagination indeed, and in that fact I find hope.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"By the people, for the people"

And 911.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
taxation without representation

During the 1760s, American colonists were not satisfied at the fact that all taxation related decisions were made by people living across an ocean, unaware of concerns in their colony. Colonists sought to challenge the status quo, which lead to a full blown revolution where the colonies fought the British empire for its own independence to have a right to govern its own affairs.

act of 1871

Congress wrote:

That all that part of the territory of the United States included within the limits of the District of Columbia be, and the same is hereby, created into a government by the name of the District of Columbia, by which name it is hereby constituted a body corporate for municipal purposes … and exercise all other powers of a municipal corporation.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Diplomas.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The 9-11 so called terrorist attacks which ushered in the patriot act and it has all been downhill from there.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Libertygal
I have a lot of them, but for some reason, the one that really nags at me the most for some unknown reason is that there are some 35 odd terrorist trainng camps in the US, and that the government "assures" us there is nothing to worry about.

I mean, really? No NSA, CIA, FBI, email, cellphone monitoring, no nothing, can assure me that terror training camps on our own soil is just a-okay and nothing to fret over.

IMNSHO, it' s worse, because they are all right there, in close proximity. No need for use of monitirable things like cell phones, email, etc.

Even if they chose to use disposeable phones to communicate outside the US, we see how well THAT went with the Boston Bomber Brothers, didn't we? No amount of monitoring seems to have stopped a thing.

In fact, the only "stings" that have been reported as being successful have generally been "lone" operators that have bordered on smelling more like entrapment, than anything else.

In the meantime, they bleat like animals about "homegrown" terrorism, while leaving the borders not only wide open, but are even shipping in Hamas and others under the guise of "assistance".

All the while, the TSA is patting down grannies in wheelchairs and toddlers in diapers at our airports, but no, the terror training camos are just coolio!

I just can't shake the serious unease about it.

mobile.wnd.com...

35 TERROR TRAINING CAMPS
NOW OPERATING INSIDE U.S.
Government does nothing to impede expansion of 'Soldiers of Allah' network
Published: 01/02/2012 at 8:59 PM

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

Known terrorist training camps in the
US (map) - Creeping Sharia

Some noted associates of Jamaat ul-Fuqra include Richard Reid, the Shoe bomber and John Allen Muhammad, the Beltway sniper.

Members of the group, including Clement Rodney Hampton-El took part in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Source.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 8-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

Anyone read this comment or the one before it (the one about obamacare lol). Are these people paid to say this or are they retarted/ on the wrong website. one of your sources is CREEPINGSHARIA LOLOLOLOL

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The biggest lie is easy......but it is not from the gov!!

It by the US citizen, that they would ever use the their 2nd amendment "rights" to protect themselves from an oppressive gov.

If they haven't by now, they never will!! No one is the world believes they will use that right in the manner it was introduced.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The second biggest lie is that there is no "gay agenda"

A rights group so powerful it can topple governments and end careers brought about for the sole purpose of ending mass religion as we know it to install a one world belief system......it was never about the right of gay people....they were merely the side show!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Not so much the lies that makes one cringe... but for me it's when someone speaks the truth... and it goes unnoticed.

This is a perfect example:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes."

I imagine Eisenhower rolling in his grave thinking: "I tried to warn you people."
edit on 8-1-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Obamacare.

Benghazi.

Fast and Furious.

NSA not collecting our data.

JFK assasination.

Real reason for the Civil War.(states rights)- not slavery.

"I didnt inhale"

"If you like your doctor- you can keep your doctor"

The Ron Paul sabotage by the GOP

I didnt have sexual relations with that woman.

"I thought I had a taser in my hand and not a gun"

"Our Economy is sound"

"this will be the most transparent administration in history"

..should I continue ?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

For me it's been the recent wars that fed us videos of terrorists training on monkey bars with hand me down WWII arms running through tires in their supposed training camps that were supposed to inject fear in us and justify our presence abroad.

Which videos would that be ?

The Black September attack in the 70s ?

The Lockerbie Bombing in the 80s ?

The Beruit bombing in the 80s?

The USS cole attacks, and embassy attacks in the 90s ?

OR the video on the nightly news in the 90s where terrorists were shooting ak-47s at Bill Clinton paper targets ?

Inquiring minds want to know how the effing hell have the last 40 years been a 'lie' ?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

What do you mean they lied? How dare they.

I guess it depends on what the definition of is, is.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

neo96

For me it's been the recent wars that fed us videos of terrorists training on monkey bars with hand me down WWII arms running through tires in their supposed training camps that were supposed to inject fear in us and justify our presence abroad.

Which videos would that be ? Exhibit A - www.youtube.com...

Wrong on the weapons of mass destruction Colin Powell, Exhibit B www.youtube.com...

Colin Powell regrets intelligence, Exhibit C www.youtube.com...

Now to reference your other points; The US faces threats constantly as a global leader. I get it, we need to take action! However there are ways to solve problems other than false wars, we have the means of brute strength, intelligence, tactical warfare, Navy Seals, Ranger, Black Ops, CIA etc.. we can infiltrate any part of the world and eliminate threats within hours from any part of the world by any means necessary. Yeah we're that good.

We just shouldn't declare war for the wrong reasons and risk the lives of our brave men and woman. We should exhausts all other options before war and most importantly have our facts straight!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Gosh I'm so use to the lies, they don't make me cringe anymore. It's the sheeple that believe them, that make me cringe...

The Federal Reserve Act 1913, 100 years of the Government piling it high, wonder when the pile will come tumbling down? It's like that Shel Silverstein Poem "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join