It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the biggest lie the US Govt' has pulled over it's citizens that's made you cringe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
For me it's been the recent wars that fed us videos of terrorists training on monkey bars with hand me down WWII arms running through tires in their supposed training camps that were supposed to inject fear in us and justify our presence abroad. It's costs us billions of dollars and countless lives lost for an enemy that's only as dangerous as we let them be. The very might of our US military and intelligence against sticks and stones. Over a decade in fighting what did we get in return and was it worth it?

What's your US government cringe moment?

edit on 8-1-2014 by RobertDeniro because: Shortened title

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2014 by Shuftystick because: Crossed thread

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertDeniro

Fukushima radiation is here

9/11 bombings

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Slideshow "WMDs_in_Iraque.pps"!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'll also add, we have the capability of cloning sheep, growing human body parts in pet re dishes. We understand molecular structure, decoding DNA, but not a clue on how to cure;

Cancer
Diabetes
High blood pressure
etc..

We are however leaders in alleviating symptoms

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

FREEDOM!? For its human Patriotic US Constitutional Rights.......

Plain and simple

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The National Anthem: " ... Land of the Free ... "

perhaps, maybe, once upon a time, to some extent, but, in reality, no people that are Governed are truly free.

Anarchy on the other hand, not in the sense of Life Without Rules, but, more in the sense of Life without Rulers, is more akin to Freedom.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

What's the biggest lie the US Govt' has pulled over it's citizens that's made you cringe?

This one springs to mind.....

9/11 and the crock-of-ship excuse as to why and how it happened makes me cringe as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Obamacare.

This thing is just one great big lie. As many obvious lies as there have been associated with Obamacare, I'm almost afraid to let my mind wonder what I don't know about it yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have a lot of them, but for some reason, the one that really nags at me the most for some unknown reason is that there are some 35 odd terrorist trainng camps in the US, and that the government "assures" us there is nothing to worry about.

I mean, really? No NSA, CIA, FBI, email, cellphone monitoring, no nothing, can assure me that terror training camps on our own soil is just a-okay and nothing to fret over.

IMNSHO, it' s worse, because they are all right there, in close proximity. No need for use of monitirable things like cell phones, email, etc.

Even if they chose to use disposeable phones to communicate outside the US, we see how well THAT went with the Boston Bomber Brothers, didn't we? No amount of monitoring seems to have stopped a thing.

In fact, the only "stings" that have been reported as being successful have generally been "lone" operators that have bordered on smelling more like entrapment, than anything else.

In the meantime, they bleat like animals about "homegrown" terrorism, while leaving the borders not only wide open, but are even shipping in Hamas and others under the guise of "assistance".

All the while, the TSA is patting down grannies in wheelchairs and toddlers in diapers at our airports, but no, the terror training camos are just coolio!

I just can't shake the serious unease about it.

mobile.wnd.com...

35 TERROR TRAINING CAMPS
NOW OPERATING INSIDE U.S.
Government does nothing to impede expansion of 'Soldiers of Allah' network
Published: 01/02/2012 at 8:59 PM

creepingsharia.wordpress.com...

Known terrorist training camps in the
US (map) - Creeping Sharia

Some noted associates of Jamaat ul-Fuqra include Richard Reid, the Shoe bomber and John Allen Muhammad, the Beltway sniper.

Members of the group, including Clement Rodney Hampton-El took part in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Source.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 8-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The one dollar bill.

On the left, an Egyptian pyramid with the Eye of Horus above it. On the right, a depiction of the God of War, Horus himself (US version - many countries have their own slightly different versions).

In the middle the words "In God we trust"...

And people think it's about Jesus...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Any agency that is above the law CIA/NSA can get away with anything. It is more than bad, and most people don't know it, or care, but it's true, When they invoke national security, everyone investigating just messes their pants, even judges. This gives certain elements a blank check to do whatever they want without consequences.. As long as there is no outside oversight of certain agencies the things we wonder about, "How did that happen" will never be known or is locked away for 50 years so all with knowledge are dead. This is rotten to the core the way it is used today, IMO.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Whats the biggest lie from Government?

I suppose we can just about start and end with the Oath of Office each one takes. A lie to the last word, start to finish.

It all flows from there like an overflowing septic tank, IMO.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The start of it all: The War on Drugs.

You can trace the government's overspending back to this farce. We have the highest prison population in the world by a large margin thanks to this farce. Militarization of the police really started because of this "war." Oh and it stripped the liberty of being able to put whatever substance we want into our bodies away from us.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

"We're from the government. We're here to help."

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That they are here and ready to help me.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The U.S. government is the biggest lie that makes me cringe.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The Federal Reserve is a private corporation and it makes sense to turn our money system over to parasites masquerading as humans.

That and "supply side" economics.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Every time I heard Dubya speak on the TV.

Noone has exemplified the privileged, stupid, drug addicted, spoiled rich boy quite as well. I don't even think Will Ferrell could pull off a better representation.

"if you aren't with us...."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join