It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - "We don’t believe in handouts. We don’t think anyone should get a free ride."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This thread is just another example of the lies we have to endure. This time it came from Michelle Obama's mouth. And somehow I missed this back in November. Do they really think that the American people are that stupid? I mean to do one thing and then flat out state another? Everything Obama does is a handout for someone. This is downright INSANE!

Just take a look at what Obama said about unemployment recently. He said that he has never met a person in all his years that would rather collect a check then work. Yeah right... According to my calculations he shakes hands with them everyday.

I do have a question for everyone here if you wouldn't mind helping a bit. Have there been any other leaders in history that always did the opposite of what they said they were doing? And did they get away with it forever? Will the charm of the Obama's eventually fade for everyone? Or will we be forced to endure what I would call the most insane presidency of all time.

“We don’t believe in handouts. We don’t think anyone should get a free ride,” she said Monday afternoon in a speech at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers.

First lady rallies on Obamacare: 'There but for the grace of God go I'

edit on 8-1-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If I was a racist, had poor judgment or bad taste in humour, this is probably where I would tell her : But..Didn't you get a free ride from Africa to here???

Good thing that I do not endorse such jokes or believe in eugenics, oppression or inequality between human beings. Or marginalization of the poor by social injustice or political elitism.

edit on 122014Wednesdayam131Wed, 08 Jan 2014 00:57:03 -0600America/Chicagov57 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It seems that most of these psychopaths and narcissists always do the opposite of what they say and sell.

Obama is a dead ringer example and so is anybody that speaks for him.

They may even actually believe what they say and ignore the facts when proven wrong and exposed as liars.

Much of this is well beyond wild conspiracies and speculation with the entire Obama Administration.

This is an extremely dangerous time for the nation and the world.

It's like they're in some kind of magical fantasy pipedream.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The best is yet to come.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all, here comes... Hillary in 2016!

She will run, and she will win, which will confirm my suspicions that we are living in the Twilight Zone.

So be sure to reset your "outrage" meter for a whole new level of insanity.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"hand out" and "bail out" sound pretty damn similar.... and we already know how the obama administration feels about bail outs.

what a waste of a beautiful opportunity to make a clear and present change.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

im sure if we look back at her political career and speeches along with what she will claim to stand for in her presidential running we can tell exactly how we, the people will further be screwed.
H S THOMPSON FOR PRESIDENT 2016!
.... yes i know hes dead. but i feel we would still be far better off.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Have there been any other leaders in history that always did the opposite of what they said they were doing? And did they get away with it forever?

When you asked that this is who immediately popped into my mind. Arrghh!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Did we miss this part?

“But we also understand one simple principle — that there but for the grace of God go I; that in the blink of an eye, any of us — any of us — could be faced with a terrible diagnosis. Any of us could be injured in a horrible accident. Any of us could lose the job we count on to support our family — any of us,” she said. “And when that happens, it shouldn’t mean falling off a cliff. It shouldn’t mean having to go without food, or medicine, or a roof over our heads — not here in the United States of America. Not in the greatest country on the planet. That is not who we are,” Obama added.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Nephalim
Did we miss this part?

“But we also understand one simple principle — that there but for the grace of God go I; that in the blink of an eye, any of us — any of us — could be faced with a terrible diagnosis. Any of us could be injured in a horrible accident. Any of us could lose the job we count on to support our family — any of us,” she said. “And when that happens, it shouldn’t mean falling off a cliff. It shouldn’t mean having to go without food, or medicine, or a roof over our heads — not here in the United States of America. Not in the greatest country on the planet. That is not who we are,” Obama added.

And why would it matter if I left the hypocritical part out? She discusses their favorite handouts and then says they don't believe in them in the same speech. When someone else has to pay for it, then it's a handout.

By the way, the sky is green. Just giving you a chance to object and be right for once.

edit on 8-1-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Golantrevize

If I was a racist, had poor judgment or bad taste in humour, this is probably where I would tell her : But..Didn't you get a free ride from Africa to here???

It seems that your facts are missing a little bit. She with her family went to Africa and back to the US several times for free. Of course this was at the US tax payers expense not her's. Did she and the family not go with her husband to Hawaii for free and not to mention the gift she received all courtesy of the US tax payer. So when she says she does not believe in handouts, she sure seems to be at the front of the line to get her's. I have not heard of her opting to pay her own way on her travels and holiday's. She should be a little more careful in what she says, her hypocrisy is showing.

How to tell if a politician is lying, their mouth is moving. They are all professional lairs yet people still listen to them and fall for the same lie time and time again.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I believe in handouts, like offering the first lady a hand out the door when her husband is unceremoniously dumped from office.

And then she'll live out her days with a multi million dollar taxpayer funded pension, which is the free ride she doesn't think anyone deserves.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
She is not the first, do ATS members remember this from the other side of 'The Pond'?

"As long as young people feel they have got no hope but to blow themselves up you are never going to make progress."

Cherie Blair, the wife of the UK prime minister, has apologised for any offence caused by remarks she made about Palestinian suicide bombers.
Speaking at a charity event in London, Mrs Blair said young Palestinians felt they had "no hope" but to blow themselves up.

This is the extremely unpopular wife of the then UK leader Tony Blair. Like Hilary, she is also of the legal profession, a Barrister and QC or Queens Counsel and now a permanent Recorder (bottom rung of Judges ladder). Also a founder member of the legal firm Matrix Chambers.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

elouina

Nephalim
Did we miss this part?

And why would it matter if I left the hypocritical part out? She discusses their favorite handouts and then says they don't believe in them in the same speech. When someone else has to pay for it, then it's a handout.

By the way, the sky is green. Just giving you a chance to object and be right for once.

Having a difference of opinion doesn't make someone 100% wrong I think you'll find. Just means folks can reasonably disagree. Articles 1,12 and 19 of the UDHR. Go have a look sometime. Should help ats authors and news outlets with character bashing. She deserves that much respect just like you do. /shrug

Anyway, I'm perfectly ok with handouts when its possible and in the US it usually is. Christian folks consider it charity. I'm surprised they said some of that myself but the added quote helped me put it into context.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

She is just being a good and loyal Marxist by lying through teeth when there so upside down there is nothing else to say.

When she is caught the reaction will be " well if I lie you lie more ".

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by elouina

Have there been any other leaders in history that always did the opposite of what they said they were doing? And did they get away with it forever?

Hitler.-- did the opposite of what he said.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Social justice = wealth redistribution.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but she is correct. It isn't a hand-out...it is called buying votes.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Nephalim

elouina

Nephalim
Did we miss this part?

Having a difference of opinion doesn't make someone 100% wrong I think you'll find. Just means folks can reasonably disagree. Articles 1,12 and 19 of the UDHR. Go have a look sometime. Should help ats authors and news outlets with character bashing. She deserves that much respect just like you do. /shrug

Anyway, I'm perfectly ok with handouts when its possible and in the US it usually is. Christian folks consider it charity. I'm surprised they said some of that myself but the added quote helped me put it into context.

Thanks for sharing.

I think most people believe in charity. But when it is forced upon you instead of at your discretion, it isn't as charitable. I wouldn't hesitate to help someone whom I believe needs and deserves it. But when that help is forced and doesn't pass your personal litmus test...it isn't charity. It becomes a hand-out or worse yet...a burden. And in many cases today, a political method of control and buying votes.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To me, this is just another obvious sign that "They Whom Hold the Strings (TWHS)", are getting ever more closer to their endgame. If we have our leaders and representatives, basically telling us that they do not care, about those whom they have been elected to lead....then obviously, they feel that they soon will no longer be bound, to lead those individuals whom have elected them.

Look at it like this: In the movies, when the bad guy is at the end of the fruition of his/her plan, do they not always simply blurt out what the endgame is, in nearly every scenario??? I have seen this same situation play out, in almost every action movie that I have ever seen. I personally believe that art imitates life, and vice-versa.

First, you have to think about how there is information constantly being blasted at us, in every facet, way, and form imaginable. Then, you have to consider that if you can sift between the lies which are spewed at us, there is a great deal of truth, which can be found. One thought that comes to mind, comes from one of the things which Christ said.

What He had stated, was that basically in the end times, there would be all sorts of signs and wonders abounding everywhere, which would let those whom could "see".....be able to discern the conflagration which was inevitably approaching.

So essentially.....My thought is that maybe the "signs and wonders" which Christ spoke about, referred to the massive amounts of information which is constantly bombarding us. And also, how it would be only the wise and the just, whom could sift through all of the disinformation, in order to uncover the truth.

But, this is just my opinion. If you don't agree, then simply state your reasons why.....Please do not resort to viscous, personal attacks on my character.

new topics

top topics

join