Hello ats! I've been in a typing mood as of late and with my surge of interest in politics, I figure I would write out a list of things I think should
be implemented or taken away from our current system. This is not in any order, just random things on my mind.
1. The education system should be completely revamped from 6th grade on, I believe education should actually teach much more that can be applied to
the real world, we should learn more about politics, economics, learn more about the world of careers, and even have opportunity to take specialized
courses in fields of interest, I believe teachers should receive grades just like students, ensuring teachers are inspiring and encouraging, not just
apathetically handing out packets. This could easily take up pages itself, but that's just some of the basics
2. The FDA should have representatives the people vote for, they essentially control what companies are allowed to feed the masses, so why shouldn't
the masses appoint them? I believe citizen appointed FDA would fix many of our current problems including drugs that just make people worse off, and
would remove the terrible poisons companies put in our food, which legal bs currently allows to go unlabeled for some of them
3. The states should have much, much more power than they have right now. While I realize you cannot give them too much power, I believe a state
should have a lot more say on what happens with their land, and their social/economic issues. This would serve to allow States to choose as they'd
like when it comes to issues such as marriage rights, or unemployment. I realize some rules and regulations have to apply across the board, but
believe different areas have different concerns that cannot be met by a one size fits all approach.
4. Small business should be extremely encouraged, supported, and possibly even funded/invested in - the funding and investing, if it existed at all
could be on a state level. I firmly believe small business should be the backbone of America, it encourages competition, increases the work force -
providing more places, and more diverse places to work, and overall would create a stronger middle class. Huge companies nearing, or being monopolies
do the exact opposite.
5. Presidential elections should be changed on many levels, I believe today's technology could help in this advancement. Being able to vote for
someone whom actually has the same ideals as citizens is tough, but I believe through the use of the Internet, a larger pool of candidates could be
taken through phases, eventually leading up to the lower amount we vote on now days. I believe through social media, online forums, and basically
candidate profiles, we could get a better and wider selection of who we could vote on, which would include a lot of much needed options, such as
candidates that don't get attention simply because they throw millions into campaigning.
6. Congressman, senators, and judges need to be from the people, for the people. The bad side of rich, elite, greedy, and morally deficit should not
be in the lead of our country, and while many people say it is on the citizens to blame, I have never been properly introduced to a way to peacefully
remove these men from office and start a new, or the proper ways require far too much effort for a nation controlled by the government to do something
about. I believe that once again technology, and education could help citizens see more options, and choose better who they want to represent them.
7. Taxes should be more of a percentage, less based on income. With my above statement that America should be covered with small businesses, these
people should not be taxed huge percentages simply because they make more than others. There needs to be great opportunity, and incentive in running a
small business, and a percentage better reflects what a person earns and should have. Ideally, with the American dream being more accessible and
business flourishing, the economy would be on the up and up, unemployment would be low, and taxes would be brought in, in great amounts in many other
ways than bleeding the upper middle class dry.
8. Medical insurance, medical school, Medicaid, Medicare, hospitals, clinics, ALL need a change. I don't personally believe in socialized, nor forced
down our throats and fined for health care, that being said I think either the people or the government does need to intervene on some levels, an
expansion, and partial reconstruction of the already in place Medicaid/Medicare would be good place to start. When it comes to how much these things
cost, first we have to look at how much more medical costs are here compared to other countries, I do not have exact numbers myself but have heard
people compare even basics like X rays, and the costs are insanely disproportionate, so one thing that needs to be done is taking steps towards
reducing the cost of care. The first thing that comes to mind is efficiently and effectively applying the taxes applied to this. Ideally, enough tax
cuts/reform would come from my previous dream of a government that is for the people, that a slight bump in Medicaid taxes could be added, while still
coming out as a much better situation for the people due to the correct allocation of taxes in general. These taxes would then be given to hospitals
based on patients cared for and procedures done, amounts being given based on patients ability or inability to cover all costs, etc..
I could go on for quite some time but this is likely too long for anyone to read Anyways. Thank you ats, for giving me a place to have a voice when I
feel like I need to be heard.
All feedback is welcome, positive, negative, or otherwise. Thank you for reading
edit on 7-1-2014 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)