It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My daughters health plan through blue cross is about one sixty a month. It has just about the same coverage as Obama Care. It would cost about the same through Obama Care, but the government would be kicking in another one fifty. Seems strange that the coverage costs more when the government gets involved. Is the government actually subsidizing anything? Or are they just making us think they are paying part of the bill so we feel better.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

rickymouse
My daughters health plan through blue cross is about one sixty a month. It has just about the same coverage as Obama Care. It would cost about the same through Obama Care, but the government would be kicking in another one fifty. Seems strange that the coverage costs more when the government gets involved. Is the government actually subsidizing anything? Or are they just making us think they are paying part of the bill so we feel better.

Nothing strange at all, if you look at Washington with business goggles on versus political goggles. They are just getting back their Return on investment from lobbying.

www.breitbart.com...

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 20131America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 22:20:48 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22131America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 22:22:58 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's the new rules. First off, they are now operating at a mandated 80/20 margin - 80% to pay for services, 20% for their overhead. If they were operating at say, 60/40 chances are they may be looking to double premiums to try to make that 40 become something more like the new 20% or play around with their numbers that way, especially if they were already operating their business on a tight budget.

Then, you have all the new paperwork they will have to do to keep the government informed. Trust me, anytime you deal with government, it takes a mountain of red tape, and all the people necessary to keep up with it. This is more cost to the company that has to come out of that 20%. See above.

Then, you have to try to buffer yourself against all the people who will call after they find out they are sick and demand to be covered. This represents an enormous pool of potential loss for the company because for every single person who does this, the company has no chance of even coming near to breaking even with them. That means that everyone else who buys early like insurance buyers are supposed to do will have to pay more to try to keep those losses from sinking everyone by sinking the company and since there is no way to know how many people are going to try to take advantage of the system in this way (although it has been widely publicized that you can), they have no idea how much they need to try to save in advance. This is also going to add to the cost.

So, I guess that about does it, and I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by rickymouse

So, I guess that about does it, and I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Such as the likelihood of gov't truly passing legislation in benefit of the voters/consumers despite the billions thrown at them by the lobbying industry to architect the regulations. All the while also standing to benefit from any waste.

Pure coincidence I'm sure . that the most wasteful and unfriendly industries to the consumers and voters comprise of the largest lobbyist with the most record profits.
edit on 09131America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 23:09:27 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Anything positive I have ever said about ACA, I officially rescind.

That is just mind blowing

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well whats the legal situation in America? Are people forced to take Obamacare if they find an alternative they like better?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Your post is a straight up lie, I worked for Wal-Mart for 10 years and never got anywhere near that amount of pay. What makes it even more unbeliable is that you stated you are a part-time employee making that much. Managers at the location I worked at weren't even making that much. I was hired on at a meager $7.00 an hour unloading trucks and pretty much went through all the positions from stocker to cashier. Wal-Mart is a slave driving corporation, taking advantage of people that have no other alternatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join