It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Gohmert: US owes Israel an apology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Rep. Gohmert: US owes Israel an apology

House Judiciary Committee member Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, ripped President Obama on Monday over his handling of Iran's nuclear pursuits and said the U.S. owes Israel an apology. The U.S. has imposed strict sanctions on Iran to curb its nuclear program, though they have been eased amid a short-term nuclear deal. But many, including Israeli officials, fear the sanctions are not enough and Israel is at risk if Tehran were to mount a nuclear attack. "I think we owe Israel an apology," Gohmert told Fox News contributor Mallory Factor on FoxNews.com. "We should never put Israel in a position of having to defend both of us."

Yet another Israeli firster thinks America should bend over and kiss Israels butt and give them whatever they want. And then has the gall to say that Israel is defending us? When has Israel ever helped America militarily? And then talks about how Iran would have seen America as a threat if Reagan was in office. Would this be before or after Reagan sold Iran weapons Louie? How can this person keep getting reelected.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What a damn traitor.
Israel defending the US.
BAHAHAHAHA!
That must take the cake as the most ridiculous comment I have heard from a politician since Bush left office.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Reagan was peddling Iran obsolete HAWK Missile systems, among other things, precisely because Iran had direct influence with their Hezbollah surrogates holding western hostages in the dark corners of Beirut.

That's an atrocious example as there wasn't even passing respect shown Iran in the hearings by those left to describe what had been done. Contras got respect..Iran was Necessary evil with an enemy nation, for how Reagan..his people..and the overall administration saw them. That came across pretty clear for the period and endless hearings on Iran/Contra.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Israel owes us, we owe them NOTHING...
We have been funding them for years with our tax dollars, so they can stir the pot over there. Way too many of our politicians have duel citizenship, and do not have our countries best interest at heart. They have an extremely powerful lobby in the US government, and their various interest groups lobby and demand support from our politicians in exchange for campaign funding. They have entirely too much say in what our government does.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/7/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

buster2010
When has Israel ever helped America militarily?

I guess they helped us by putting a few extra portholes in the USS Liberty.
If any other country had pulled that stunt we would have gone to war with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

defcon5

buster2010
When has Israel ever helped America militarily?

I guess they helped us by putting a few extra portholes in the USS Liberty.
If any other country had pulled that stunt we would have gone to war with them.

Exactly That pretty much proved that Israel can do whatever they want to America and nothing will be done about it. And it's because of traitors like Gohmert that expects America to bow to Israel that makes it happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You want to see the answer from a ex US Congresswoman?
You can skip to start at 13:30 if you don't want to watch the whole clip:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

With all the money Israel has gotten from the U.S., they should be bending over backwards licking the U.S.'s b***'s. I'd say cut off Israel and let them fend for themselves, but the Israeli people don't deserve to be punished for their ignorant and hate filled government. Hopefully they can enact some change before it's too late. (Same for us in the U.S.)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

buster2010
When has Israel ever helped America at all?

fixed that for you

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Wow. Just wow... Israel is a parasite on our government and they can't get it through their heads that we should just ignore them for a while and let them play with the big boys without us standing behind them to intimidate anyone who disagree with them. See how long they can yell, scream, and fight unprovoked wars without us.

new topics

top topics

join