It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-DARPA Head Wants You to Swallow ID Microchips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Former DARPA director and now Google executive Regina Dugan is pushing an edible “authentication microchip” along with an electronic tattoo that can read your mind.

Frankly folks, I don't know about you but eating a microchip or getting an electronic tattoo is not something I desire to do. At one point they think it's trendy and cool, I'll pass thank you.

Dugan, who is Head of Advanced Technology at (Google-owned) Motorola, told an audience at the All Things D11 Conference that the company was working on a microchip inside a pill that users would swallow daily in order obtain the “superpower” of having their entire body act as a biological authentication system for cellphones, cars, doors and other devices. “This pill has a small chip inside of it with a switch,” said Dugan. “It also has what amounts to an inside out potato battery. When you swallow it, the acids in your stomach serve as the electrolyte and that powers it up. And the switch goes on and off and creates an 18 bit ECG wide signal in your body and essentially your entire body becomes your authentication token.”

There you go, instant tracking without them even having to be secretive about it since you would volunteer to be tracked. It was a couple of years ago that they mentioned using tattoo's both visible and invisible with a new type of ink. The little buggers sure haven't been sleeping. Who wants to signup for this?

Whats your opinion ATS?

Source

Mods please move or delete as necessary, thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

pstrron
There you go, instant tracking without them even having to be secretive about it since you would volunteer to be tracked.

You're already being tracked via your new Drivers License and its facial recognition that you volunteered when you applied for a Real ID. I don't get all the worry about people putting “chips” inside you to track you, when that system is already in place via existing security cameras and facial recognition. No one is going to go through the expense to use short range tracking devices when they already have long range tracking that is able to pick you out in a crowd.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

During the D11 conference, Dugan predicted that if the e-tattoo was made to look cool with different artistic designs, young people would want to have it fused to their skin, “if only to piss off their parents.”

Here is another point, target the rebellious nature of teenagers and as they say, kill two birds with one stone. And everyone is thinking they will force this type of tracking, no need to, the sheep will line up for the slaughter thinking it's cool and to upset their parents or others.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Time to become a master of disguise I see. Haha

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You're already being tracked via your new Drivers License and its facial recognition that you volunteered when you applied for a Real ID. I don't get all the worry about people putting “chips” inside you to track you, when that system is already in place via existing security cameras and facial recognition. No one is going to go through the expense to use short range tracking devices when they already have long range tracking that is able to pick you out in a crowd.

Quite true for those that live in the US but we don't have that were I live but I'm sure it's on the way. It is just a matter of time before all major cities globally have this tech.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
On topic though...

So is this tech able to be integrated into things like your television?

Good grief, that takes Americanism to the next level. Now I don't even have to push a button on the remote. Everything happens at the speed of thought.

Ever been with a lady and wanted to "change the mood"?

"Hey, did the lights just dim, the TV go off and Barry White come on the stereo? Wow, this must be meant to go down".
Haha

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Not to mention 'smart phones' that so many people are obsessed with
Biggest tracking device going right now
Most people can't put them down for 5 minutes, it's like an attachment of their body

Funny how those sci-fy books/movies from the past come to fruition

Big Brother really is watching and listening!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

They had mentioned integration with smartphones, car, computer etc. so it would stand to reason it could be used for the TV & lights as well. I would hazard to guess that the idea is to have total integration with all aspects of daily life. Also wouldn't surprise me if they somehow managed to get Google Glass to ID people and coupled with GPS. That way if your in an urban/city area there's no place to hide. Chipped or not your tagged.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

JayinAR

It won't do you any good. The new FR cameras are designed to see through all sort of stuff like facial hair, glasses, hats, etc...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

That's administered by private companies, and the police have to get a warrant to access such information. The FR stuff is already in their hands, and works to track anyone in real time, no warrant required.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I could have the most powerful dog in the world.

(Cuz Id give it to my dog)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
We need to take this stuff seriously! This is the former head of DARPA pushing this!! You do realize this will NOT be voluntary for long! It was my understanding from the reading that you will need this pill in order to operate your car, gain access to your cell phone or do anything on a daily basis that requires electricity! Even open your door!! This is the final nail in the coffin people!! The ones in charge will completely control us.

The tats are used to read your mind by tapping into your vocal chords and discovering what you are about to say before it is even spoken!! Can anyone on this entire site give any reason whatsoever what would be the benefit to us in voluntarily taking this tattoo!

Please star and flag this thread!! It is too important not to!

Pax

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

defcon5

JayinAR

It won't do you any good. The new FR cameras are designed to see through all sort of stuff like facial hair, glasses, hats, etc...

Surely you can get around that with cheek bone modification disguises, right?

Anyways, its an aside.

Back on topic, I don't fear the chip you swallow, cuz as stated, it will be redundant anyways. They could pinpoint my exact location right now if they wanted. Hell, if they really wanted to they could get a pretty accurate idea of what I am THINKING by running my internet searches and posting habits through an algorithm I am POSITIVE they have already developed for precisely this reason.

The message is quite clear. They want, and already have access to, total surveillance. People, 1984 is officially here. And that is not hyperbole in the least. It is legit and it is all within their grasp at a few key strokes. Nothing short of a revolution will stop it now. Sure, we can defund it or cut off their water supply, but they'll just go black for funding, and well, we won't cut their water. Haha. Not without a fight.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

We need to take this stuff seriously! This is the former head of DARPA pushing this!! You do realize this will NOT be voluntary for long!

You are correct, they will let it be voluntary for awhile and then it will be mandatory. With the use of the tattoo to catch unspoken words, they can effectively get you for thought crimes even though you never voiced them. This puts 1984, Brave New World and Minority Report into a whole new perspective. More or less a catch 22, damned if you do and damned if you don't. They will have you boxed in 100%.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

"Ex-DARPA now Google"... And people ask me why I no longer use Google!

As long as I'm able, I will refuse such chips and tattoo's.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was:
What happens if you eat too many peppers, and find yourself suffering from Montezuma's Revenge?
Will that mean you can't make a phone call?
Will they give you extra chips in case you accidently 'download' one?
Oh, the possibilities!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I imagine this works wonders with the body's own bioelectric field? I think not!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

defcon5

pstrron
There you go, instant tracking without them even having to be secretive about it since you would volunteer to be tracked.

Imagine for a moment that you have been legally barred from a certain type of building. Imagine the doors simply not opening for you, but opening for anyone else.

This could be for a drunk driving conviction into a bar. A convicted pedophile into a school. Etc.

I know, good things...right?

Well, imagine if an error is made somewhere in the transfer between databases that control access. And your ID is confused with someone elses.

This sort of thing doesn't happen often. But, it can. Errors happen with code all the time. Databases, and data transfer as well.

Perhaps the systems that control such access go down. The default for most network access systems is that a given party or operator ID has NO access to anything, and it must be implicitly granted. Well, that mornings access file didn't arrive. It refreshes all data on the server. Old data is truncated. Nobody has access to anything in the area that database controls.

Doctors.
Nurses.
Your children.
You.
Etc.

Now, let's say your spouse falsely accuses you of endangering your child, and the court immediately slaps a restraining order on you. Access to all buildings where the children may be, are barred, immediately.

Now, how do you feel about that chip?

edit on 8-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: Just because it's DOOM'ier....

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

pstrron

Frankly folks, I don't know about you but eating a microchip or getting an electronic tattoo is not something I desire to do. At one point they think it's trendy and cool, I'll pass thank you.

Well, the actuality of it is less freaky than the article is written.

First, the entire "eat the capsule" thing is...rather unworkable. I'm sure it's being pushed, it's a potential product. But it's unusable as is. What the article doesn't say is that you not only have to eat the capsules regularly, but you also have to wear a near field relay device. It's a sort of strap-on cell phone sized box that interrogates the pill and relays the data to your other electronics. Personally, it doesn't seem worth it.

Second, the "tattoo" isn't. It's not a tat, it's a decal. A plastic film, sort of like a Tegaderm with electronics on. It's not the sort of thing you'd miss. Or couldn't just pull off and toss.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

1. It could measure your cholesterol, blood sugar, and invade your medical privacy.

2. A person could also literally "hack" another person!

Nope. Not gonna do it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join