It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This pill could give your brain the learning powers of a 7-year-old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I've read on Nootropics quite a bit. Supplements people often test on themselves, and seem to have few and far between side effects...

Picamilon
Piracetam
Aniracetam
Oxiracetam
Pramiracetam
Noopept
Cdp choline or Alpha gpc
Centrophenoxine
Acetyl L-carnitine
L theanine
Caffeine

The most commonly used is caffeine with L-theanine, L-theanine is found in tea and tends to reduce the negative effects of caffeine while causing a sort of focus for some at the same time.

I'm certainly not suggesting people just buy any one of these and guesstimate anything at all, but as far as safely enhancing your brain, this seems about as close as you can get.

If you prefer all natural, mother nature type stuff -

Fish, or fish oils have been studied and shown to be good for the brain
Ginkgo biloba is one of the oldest herbs taken for the brain
Exercise highly increases brain derived neurotrophic factor, basically the keys to the doors of learning.
Getting enough sleep is one of the number one things for a good mind.
Meditation, relaxation, avoiding stress are also things you can do.

Anyways its too late for me to be up, I hope my post makes sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I know your stress and worry when it comes to your mother all too well. I would like one day to see such be first used where it is needed more so than where it is not needed.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's valproic acid. Some on ATS probably take it.

You see it written for epileptics, depressed people, schizophrenics and schizoaffectives. I've never seen anyone on valproic acid exhibit magical intelligence. It generally makes people pretty thickheaded and druggy. It's got a lot of bad side effects, too.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For those interested: Valproic Acid - MedlinePlus

What side effects can this medication cause?

Valproic acid may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
drowsiness
dizziness
headache
diarrhea
constipation
changes in appetite
weight changes
back pain
agitation
mood swings
abnormal thinking
uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
loss of coordination
uncontrollable movements of the eyes
blurred or double vision
ringing in the ears
hair loss

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms or those listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING or SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section, call your doctor immediately:

unusual bruising or bleeding
tiny purple or red spots on the skin
fever
blisters or rash
bruising
hives
difficulty breathing or swallowing
confusion
tiredness
vomiting
drop in body temperature
weakness in the joints

Valproic acid may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.

In my opinion, I think the learning curve should come BEFORE taking the medication, and, in this case, perhaps avoiding it.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I dish it out like smarties at work.

Doesn't seem to do much for anyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have been taking valporic acid for for well over 10 years not exactly sure when I started taking it but it was sometime in my 20's and I'm 41 now. With the addition of phenytoin my seizures stopped. For me it dampens my brain a bit. I did try to come off of it a couple years back and the differences were apparently, at least to me, mentally but I started having seizures again. It's hard to say if it actually helped my ability to learn since I was always able to sleep through school and know the material presented. Would be nice though if it does "restore plasticity in the adult brain". Unless mine is already hard plastic with the long term exposure to it. Interesting study I look forward to hearing more on it in the future.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Nootropics could be useful for me because I have concentration and memory problems. As much I did searching most powerful legal nootropics are noopept and sunifiram. I also wonder if psychedelic drugs in low doses can have such powerful effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Are they serious?
At that age i was working part time (restaurant) to survive in Europe and now they claim they came up with a pill that can magical make your brain think like a 7 year old? lol thats comical.
edit on 30-11-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join