It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throw a Cigarette Butt on the Ground and You Could Face Three Years in Jail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

St Udio
the act of tossing a butt is really a sign

In some countries "tossing a butt" has interesting vulgar connotations.

To topic. I hate people who litter. While three years may seem excessive. Perhaps two and a half. Either way, people who litter are anti-social, fag butt or not.

Regards

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

My mother recently purchased a Toyota. She did not realize it did not have an ash tray until she had brought it home... then she couldn't find one when she needed it! lol... she called the dealership and they told her they don't make cars anymore with ashtrays... so she was stuck...

What she had to do was purchase one after market, the portable kind that fit into the cup holder... but until she could get one of those... they had to throw the cigarette out the window! This was an awful way to find out your new car has no ash tray!

She called me up terribly upset! I would have been too spending 28 thousand on a car only to find it doesn't have an ash tray!

PS. Thanks for telling me about the window thing... Good to know!
edit on 10-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

While I think the punishment is certainly overboard I'm not against the thought of punishing those that do such with serious fines. I'm sure that an unpopular opinion but I don't care. There's no reasonable excuse. You find better ways to get rid of cigeretter butts other then throwing them on the ground where the nicotine and other chemicals then seep out of the cigerette and into the ground water. I don't want cigerette chemicals in the ground water. I don't see the point in poisoning ourselves, and please don't use the excuse of other pollutants to justify this one. No pollutants to ground water are good pollutants. Stop making excuses and stop poisoning the environment because your too lazy to properly dispose of your addiction.
edit on 10-1-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As a smoker who has never left a cigarette butt lying on the ground, it's not that hard to dispose of a cigarette butt properly. Like I said, I've been doing it for years. My little system is tamping it out, knocking out the remaining tobacco and then either tossing the remaining filter in the trash or stuffing it in my pocket for later disposal if a trash bin isn't around.

It's MY dirty and disgusting habit and, therefore, it's MY responsibility to dispose of it properly. Cigarette butts lying on the ground are ugly and the filters tend to be really actually pretty noxious. It's like what moms tend to say: "You made the mess, you clean it up" because last I checked, responsibility for one's own actions was the prevailing sentiment in this country and there isn't a right to dump trash on other people's property.

My cigarette butts are MY choice and ergo, MY responsibility. It's not hard to do the right thing. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Personally I think we all have a responsibilty not to litter - and if we show we are not responsible we deserve whatever punishment we get. Proving you are stupid, irresponsible and don't care about anyone or anything else isn't actually that clever. Really!

Meanwhile, the consequences of throwing a cigarette butt on the ground are much more than just showing that you're an irresponsible idiot, it can endanger lives and cost jobs. But hey, it's not your responsibilty, right?

Crisp factory worker who threw sneaky cigarette on the floor when someone was coming caused £25million fire resulting in 100 job losses

Think about it?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

As i said, just bossing around. You might not even realize how amusing this sort of minimod attitude is. But to each its own, keep it going as you like. Bye

P.S. Yes, i know what the whole premise of the thread is and i DON'T agree with it, as i do not consider throwing your own garbage everywhere an expression of freedom, but only an expression of disgusting behavior. My posts were not about YOUR opinion, but about mine. Talking about reading skills...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Pricolici
reply to post by DJMSN

As i said, just bossing around. You might not even realize how amusing this sort of minimod attitude is. But to each its own, keep it going as you like. Bye

P.S. Yes, i know what the whole premise of the thread is and i DON'T agree with it, as i do not consider throwing your own garbage everywhere an expression of freedom, but only an expression of disgusting behavior. My posts were not about YOUR opinion, but about mine. Talking about reading skills...

Yes your skills are poor indeed as your language skills are also. I pity individuals as yourself who can only express themselves with vulgar words but to each his own but you should really be aware of the T & C of a site you are posting to.

I do agree with the premise of the post but disagree with a 3 year punishment for littering even if caught 3 times. 3 months of picking up liter or perhaps forced reading and rereading one of your post would be punishment enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join