It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Game of Logic: The Holy Spirit and I VS ALL NoN-believers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatchYou didnt believe in questioning the bible as a Christian, thats sad.

I was a child when I was became a Christian and as such didn't question the world I knew so little about at the time.

originally posted by: borntowatchIts a book written by men, its historical, its history. You are arguing over a few numbers.. What does it prove to you?

It proves to me it's not the infallible words of God written through his righteous followers. I was not arguing merely pointing that out. I even said some of the things I mentioned are ultimately irrelevant errors. Nonetheless they are errors. I go back to the concept that the Bible is supposed to be the infallible words of God which supposes there can be no errors.

What other types of errors could there be?
Why would God allow any errors however irrelevant and explainable?

I'm not saying minor errors are proof God didn't author the Bible through his faithful servants. One thing I thought about while writing this reply is the original texts. I would be interested to see if those same errors exist.

I said in my previous post, "There are more than enough things wrong with Abrahamic religions that I call BS", and it is my opinion that whatever truth may be in there, has been twisted/used as a way to manipulate people (Catholicism especially). However I could be wrong. The only thing questioning anything has given me, is more questions. So I'm doomed!

Thanks for those links they were interesting reads. I plan on reading more about that clay tablet, the Nebuchadnezzar Inscription. In regards to some prophecies, I have read that some of the books that contain them were actually written after the fact. Do you know anything about that?

Take care.
edit on 7-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
BTW did you read the comments? the top one lol here.

God said he would be back to remove evil from the world. Odin said he would get rid of the Frost Giants. Well you don't see any frost giants do you?

Makes me think of that Thor meme.
"My god has a hammer, your god was nailed to a cross. Any questions?"

Nobody get mad at me for saying that please I say it in jest and not to offend!
edit on 7-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I didn't see that one
lol

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

no frost giants around yet, boymonkey74

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

originally posted by: borntowatchYou didnt believe in questioning the bible as a Christian, thats sad.

I was a child when I was became a Christian and as such didn't question the world I knew so little about at the time.

originally posted by: borntowatchIts a book written by men, its historical, its history. You are arguing over a few numbers.. What does it prove to you?

It proves to me it's not the infallible words of God written through his righteous followers. I was not arguing merely pointing that out. I even said some of the things I mentioned are ultimately irrelevant errors. Nonetheless they are errors. I go back to the concept that the Bible is supposed to be the infallible words of God which supposes there can be no errors.

What other types of errors could there be?
Why would God allow any errors however irrelevant and explainable?

I'm not saying minor errors are proof God didn't author the Bible through his faithful servants. One thing I thought about while writing this reply is the original texts. I would be interested to see if those same errors exist.

I said in my previous post, "There are more than enough things wrong with Abrahamic religions that I call BS", and it is my opinion that whatever truth may be in there, has been twisted/used as a way to manipulate people (Catholicism especially). However I could be wrong. The only thing questioning anything has given me, is more questions. So I'm doomed!

Thanks for those links they were interesting reads. I plan on reading more about that clay tablet, the Nebuchadnezzar Inscription. In regards to some prophecies, I have read that some of the books that contain them were actually written after the fact. Do you know anything about that?

Take care.

I am sorry I didnt realise you were so young when you explained your situation, though it is imperative that Christians listen to arguments against the bible and question its contents, even question God, though arguing with Him is a different matter.

There is no doubt in my mind there are other textual errors in the bible, this doesnt dismiss everything else written. Imagine writing off a classic like Moby Dick or Robbery Under Arms because of a few textual errors at the printers. Sounds a little extreme.

The infallible word of God written by men, God allowed humanity to write His book. I think you expect to much, well more than me.

As for Judaism, the Abrahamic religion and the Old Testament. I cant see any BS in it, its hard and nasty, if anything its worse than warts and all, no sugar coating on the OT.
Christianity itself, it is supposed to turn people away from religion, from Catholicism, priests and being manipulated. Its supposed to empower the individual.

As for your questions about the prophecies written after the fact, hard to say, it would take some study.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

God said he would be back to remove evil from the world. Odin said he would get rid of the Frost Giants. Well you don't see any frost giants do you?

Get mad, thats the reality, the joy of the Christian faith, Jesus chose weakness to show love, not strength.

Remember in the Old Testament, God used a "hammer"
Thor kills to show his strength, Jesus died to show Gods love

Jesus rose from the dead.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Six months ... almost seven months .... still waiting for the OP to admit he is wrong.
Comeon .. you can do it. Truth is truth .. it will set you free.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
ooops again

my apologies
edit on b2014Mon, 07 Jul 2014 12:48:42 -050073120141pm312014-07-07T12:48:42-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
oooppps

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Six months ... almost seven months .... still waiting for the OP to admit he is wrong.
Comeon .. you can do it. Truth is truth .. it will set you free.

Servant of the Lamb is not going to do it Flyers, I've been on this thread diligently responding/watching, he will not DO IT (admit he's wrong).
edit on 8-7-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
10 months later. Bumping this thread because this discussion has come up on another thread and this thread needs to be brought to the front. Still waiting for the OP to admit that the bible has been proven not to be 100% accurate and literal.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

is it alright if we link the other thread here?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
because god is a genius and hid his name in the bible and made the church in which the elders live and instructed the elders amd paul to preach about jesus but god new he will come back with a new name because first names always change so he kept his last name written in seceret so theywill stop killing him and his inherited name is written all over the bible but no one can yet bring the word pillar to ne a last name they they believe this is an illusion or just a post pole or structure they canot figure iut the riddles or the wirds that identify gods name and his church everyone is too ignorant to realise that first names change and they still worship these and spend their money on
edit on 11/3/2014 by semperfortis because: Corrected all Caps

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UxoriousMagnus

I am a believer too but I will play for the fun of it..... how about when the Bible says we will be caught up in the clouds during the "rapture" I Thessalonians 4:16-17? this gives Christians the visual that they will be taken up into the sky but the actual translation for this is the air in your lungs. So......more like the "rapture" (a made up word that isn't even in the bible) is internal or having to do with the close air you are breathing

The word rapture isn't in the ENGLISH translation, it is in the Latin. "Rapemier", the Greek is "Harpazo", and it has nothing to do with lungs or air, it means to "snatch out", the connotation implies out of danger's way. The practical example is a father pulling his child out of the path of a running horse by his hair.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

dont apologize for exercising your freedom of speech! all hail vac/ogma/hermes*!

*hindu/celtic/greek gods of speech, respectively.

edit on 19-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WORD2URMOTHER
because god is a genius and hid his name in the bible and made the church in which the elders live and instructed the elders amd paul to preach about jesus but god new he will come back with a new name because first names always change so he kept his last name written in seceret so theywill stop killing him and his inherited name is written all over the bible but no one can yet bring the word pillar to ne a last name they they believe this is an illusion or just a post pole or structure they canot figure iut the riddles or the wirds that identify gods name and his church everyone is too ignorant to realise that first names change and they still worship these and spend their money on

Just a genius. Left ITS name to be described in faith or deliberately hidden (for a reason LOOK FOR ME YOU MORONS my children, I am within your being). Church, DOGMA (something Jesus regaled against--DONT DO IT describe me as a MARTRE believing in something definable as Christianity will edify all others in COMPETITION by default). The pillars are of a Templar reasoning Essene=Templar=Gnostic=Secret. All else is magic/ illusion for a REASON. Last name (who is they)? There is no 'gods' church proper, a man MADE/MAKESHIFT SHACK/ in some oblique IDEA FORM OF...the humans notion of a god form. good luck figuring that out. God is a force not an actual being.
edit on 26-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join