It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we letting "Them" win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ok so I was in another post about Obamarama and I got off track but really felt the need for people to answer this question for me.

Why in the heck are we letting "Them pull our strings?

Does anyone still not realize that Democrat, Republican, or ANY political party are just ways to divide us so we won't notice they are winning/have already won? Do you all realize if everyone quit with the political infighting and measuring contests and we all banded TOGETHER and rounded up ALL the facts from the last 60+ years we MIGHT be able to open enough eyes that "They" won't find it so easy to control us?

I know we've been born and bred the last few generations to be dumbed down and PC'ed to death, but really why do so many people still play right into the agenda that has been set for us? I just don't get it and frankly it has disheartened me so I almost don't care anymore. If I didn't have a kid (adult but still) I honestly wouldn't care.

Our Justice system is NOT Justice. It is one more way to control us with ever expanding rules we will eventually no longer be able to keep from breaking unless we are zombified slaves.

We have a pitiful BEST turn out of 58.2% voters who aren't educated, vote on commercials and whether or not the candidate is hot or not and the list goes on. And do our votes even count anymore? With computerized counting and the NSA uncovered shenanigans I honestly don't know. But seriously how easy would it be for them to have the vote say exactly what they want it to?

I'm sorry to ramble but I just NEED to know WHY do we do this to OURSELVES????

Just some relevant, I feel, Quotes,

“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.”
― Henry David Thoreau

“You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know.”
― William Wilberforce

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.”
― George Gordon Byron

“Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave.”
― Frederick Douglass

“I am aware that many object to the severity of my language; but is there not cause for severity? I will be as harsh as truth, and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not wish to think, or to speak, or write, with moderation. No! no! Tell a man whose house is on fire to give a moderate alarm; tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hands of the ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from the fire into which it has fallen; — but urge me not to use moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest — I will not equivocate — I will not excuse — I will not retreat a single inch — AND I WILL BE HEARD.”
― William Lloyd Garrison

“To be given dominion over another is a hard thing; to wrest dominion over another is a wrong thing; to give dominion of yourself to another is a wicked thing.”
― Toni Morrison, A Mercy

“I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men.”
― Robert G. Ingersoll

Anyway I have to take the pups to get their shots, I'll be back later. Please no fighting, that's what this thread is about, how can we QUIT fighting and actually help OURSELVES and not lose everything we value.

If this is the wrong forum sorry I thought it seemed appropriate

Lil

PS ohhh new emotes

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

-Adolf Hitler

Plus, we've grown apathetic. As long as "it" happens to "everyone else" why should we care, right? Star and and a flag for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Most people just want to do what they do, whatever it is, and not worry about it.

Apathy is one of the biggest levers any wannabe tyrant can use to gain power and squelch resistance.

It's tough to get excited about changing anything in politics, because we've all become comfortable in our little system of R & D, and no other party has a chance so we HAVE to vote for an R or a D. HAVE TO. No one else can win, so we HAVE to. The media tells us so.

I'm so cynical about politics, I don't even believe election results anymore. They have about as much credibility to me as a "Pro Wrasslin" match.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's because we're all so deeply entrenched in this paradigm we've built around us.

We've all invested ourselves all our lives and for generations before us in what we now own. Currently, it seems all we can use our mental energy for is to blame someone else for what has become. We blame partisan politics, religious zealotry, past generations of mismanagement and malfeasance.

The bottom line is, you need a paycheck. If you don't get a paycheck, you don't have anything. All those people who are starving all around the world are starving because they don't earn paychecks. If we thought and acted differently, we could feed all the people, but then who would profit?

I'm a middle aged bachelor. I keep a very low overhead. I get by working for tips in numerous ways. I pay few taxes, and I haven't had a bank account in over seven years. I think I assume correctly what is going on in this world. I can afford to live this way, semi-off-the-grid. But I don't have a family, and I'm not beholden to 'stuff', and interest payments associated with 'stuff.'

People who have children to feed, and don't skip out on that responsibility are the most entrenched. For everyone to just change their minds and turn the pyramid upside down would mean to forsake the children. Children require paychecks. We just don't possess the longview necessary to understand that if we don't change it now, there will be little for the children in the future. But then, they are not our children. They are just our children's children.

If people truly understood what is beginning right now at this exact moment in human history, and what it means for the near future, they might be able to see past this illusion and act to destroy it. What it means in practice, is that all these creature comforts that we've all become so accustomed to would have to be sacrificed. Americans used to be good at sacrifice, now they are like spoiled children. They want what they want when they want it.

It started out so nice.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilroanie

We work for "them".

When you sign up for Obamacare, you work for "them".
When you are led to debate on income inequality, you work for "them".
When you want lower taxes, you work for "them".
When you want higher taxes, you work for "them".

We need to figure out how to quit working for "them".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A organised global strike,a minimum wage strike against anyone on planet earth earning more than 5 times the earnings of the minimum wage. Sorted

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thank you for posting I have been screaming this well before DocScurlock was an ATS avatar. I never made a thread about this sentiment, I am glad you did, now we have to take this to the streets and not just type on a screen!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Most people are too busy with football, buying the latest fashion, chugging beer and making snide comments about those around them. In fact, many if not most dont want anything to change and are perfectly content being a good slave so long as they can remain ignorant.

Those who can see will see. Sadly the numbers are few and nothing more than a few random anomolies in the matrix. Which is acceptable to those who pull the strings.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

People who have children to feed, and don't skip out on that responsibility are the most entrenched. For everyone to just change their minds and turn the pyramid upside down would mean to forsake the children. Children require paychecks. We just don't possess the longview necessary to understand that if we don't change it now, there will be little for the children in the future. But then, they are not our children. They are just our children's children.

If people truly understood what is beginning right now at this exact moment in human history, and what it means for the near future, they might be able to see past this illusion and act to destroy it. What it means in practice, is that all these creature comforts that we've all become so accustomed to would have to be sacrificed. Americans used to be good at sacrifice, now they are like spoiled children. They want what they want when they want it.

It started out so nice.

Yeah but here's the thing. Our children have been "Left Behind", they are illiterate, can't do basic math like count back change or even figure it out in the first place. They are being indoctrinated in how to be good little worker bees, they are growing up wanting no end to someone taking care of them and no reason to better themselves because "I'm as good as you darn it!!" Nevermind that they need to improve in whatever skill they lack.

So here's another question, if other peoples kids are as important to them as mine is to me, why are they living beyond their means and letting the schools and or daycare raise them, and then feeling so guilty they indulge every whim and turn them into monsters? I just don't get it and I don't think I ever will, the greed and apathy and need to destroy ourselves.

It's the children who are going to suffer (and already are, hi common core and whole brain teaching *shudders*) most, if those of us who can try to change things don't change things.

Thanks for your replies.

Lil

PS I like the better selection of emotes but...ugly anyone? lol

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

beezzer

We work for "them".

When you sign up for Obamacare, you work for "them".
When you are led to debate on income inequality, you work for "them".
When you want lower taxes, you work for "them".
When you want higher taxes, you work for "them".

We need to figure out how to quit working for "them".

Well I refuse to sign up for Ocrapacare.

Income equality is only inequal because we aren't trying hard enough(used to be anyway) or because "They" already control that ability for anyone not them.

Lower/higher taxes, well yeah because they are using that to force us out of homes and into their vision.

But how do we stop? Is it too late? I don't know, but I feel like it is

Lil

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Auricom

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

-Adolf Hitler

Plus, we've grown apathetic. As long as "it" happens to "everyone else" why should we care, right? Star and and a flag for you.

Ok that's just scary because of who said it and how true it is, thanks.

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Gozer
reply to post by Auricom

Most people just want to do what they do, whatever it is, and not worry about it.

Apathy is one of the biggest levers any wannabe tyrant can use to gain power and squelch resistance.

It's tough to get excited about changing anything in politics, because we've all become comfortable in our little system of R & D, and no other party has a chance so we HAVE to vote for an R or a D. HAVE TO. No one else can win, so we HAVE to. The media tells us so.

I'm so cynical about politics, I don't even believe election results anymore. They have about as much credibility to me as a "Pro Wrasslin" match.

Yeah, apathy, I even understand that because I feel it. I'm just tired of trying to convince people and them telling me I'm a nut job, or stupid or don't understand politics or *insert insult here*.
And of course we all have to vote R&D lol there is no one else right? *sigh*

Thanks

reply to post by Rosinitiate

Yeah I agree, it's just makes me crazy.

Thanks

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

It's nice to know I'm not alone even if it is just a few people
Thanks for actually "seeing" the way things are.

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If the Left/Right paradigm didn't meet certain emotional needs, it wouldn't sell. Our society is boiling down to two world views: forced equality and social Darwinism. These two can never be reconciled. What's more, they are the representations of compassion and competition, two aspects of human nature that we can never get rid of.

If we can create some kind of world where we took care of everyone while still rewarding effort and ability, well, then, sure. But I don't know how to do that. Do you?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Snsoc

If the Left/Right paradigm didn't meet certain emotional needs, it wouldn't sell. Our society is boiling down to two world views: forced equality and social Darwinism. These two can never be reconciled. What's more, they are the representations of compassion and competition, two aspects of human nature that we can never get rid of.

If we can create some kind of world where we took care of everyone while still rewarding effort and ability, well, then, sure. But I don't know how to do that. Do you?

No I don't
I just don't understand how everyone can not see how bad things are getting and want to pull together to boot "Them" in the behind. I'm competitive and sorta compassionate. But I'd be willing to work with anyone who truly wanted to make things better even if we disagree. Why doesn't everyone want the world to be better for their kids or themselves if they don't have any. And obviously I'm not talking about the ones who already have it good.

Lil

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If what is happening in the world is the process through which the human race secures it's survival past the next 250 years, then so be it. It is unfortunate that people will suffer, but they have always suffered. It seems wrong that humans would go forward with the legacy of the murder of billions of their own kind, but that is already our legacy.

The children have been left behind because the situation has become that parents have to work 9 hour days, commute 2, hopefully sleep 6 and only have enough time left in the day to eat and hand their kids stuff they don't need so they can be ignored. That said, I'm not so sure that the entire 60's counterculture movement wasn't simply a TPTB engineered uprising intended to cause a breakdown of the family unit.

If you compare a Jr. high level math text from 1910 or prior to one today, you will see a stark difference in competency levels. But it's not lack of education in maths and sciences that is the biggest problem. Imagination and creativity have been crushed by our education system, and learning is no more than rote memorization and regurgitation on command. Not to say we don't learn how to think, we think, but when we make decisions, the actions we take always benefit someone else more than ourselves. If you earn a paycheck, there's always someone above you earning a bigger one.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

The children have been left behind because the situation has become that parents have to work 9 hour days, commute 2, hopefully sleep 6 and only have enough time left in the day to eat and hand their kids stuff they don't need so they can be ignored. That said, I'm not so sure that the entire 60's counterculture movement wasn't simply a TPTB engineered uprising intended to cause a breakdown of the family unit.

If you compare a Jr. high level math text from 1910 or prior to one today, you will see a stark difference in competency levels. But it's not lack of education in maths and sciences that is the biggest problem. Imagination and creativity have been crushed by our education system, and learning is no more than rote memorization and regurgitation on command. Not to say we don't learn how to think, we think, but when we make decisions, the actions we take always benefit someone else more than ourselves. If you earn a paycheck, there's always someone above you earning a bigger one.

No child left behind allowing kids who don't pass to go up a grade regardless is a huge factor in that though. And parents don't "have" to work those crazy hours. I didn't. My family is way below the poverty line and by banding together (3 generations in one house) we all manage to live in a small comfortable home with the basics, no frills and the kids have someone here. No welfare either. Just zero frills. And I wouldn't trade that time for any "thing" ever. I value the time I spent raising my daughter and now helping to raise my nephews.

The breakdown of the family unit, yeah I agree that was another huge factor. It's like people hate their families. I wonder why? Maybe it's because they feel like they were never there for them, working those long hours for "stuff" that is meaningless etc so now want as far away as possible?

I guess there really isn't a solution because most of the people really won't see there needs to be a coming together and will never let go of their hates no matter what it means for them in the end
Thanks for the input.

Lil

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Mon1k3r
It seems wrong that humans would go forward with the legacy of the murder of billions of their own kind, but that is already our legacy.

That's rather inane logic. "Why work on ourselves since we already have a sordid past". I mean, seriously? So drug addicts shouldn't seek help? Alcoholics should just continue drinking? Give me a break.

It doesn't have to be like this, you're just lazy and don't want to do any work in order to better the society around you. And people like you are the reason why we don't change.

Bleh, whatever.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well, that one's easy. There is just too many people out there working for the "system". Every year situation of the normal people gets worst and worst, even tho our political leaders are saying otherwise. I seriously loosed my hope of having a better life years ago, including most of the people that I know. People are sick and tired of political parties, they are just all the same. But seriously, how many people truly understands that they are indeed the same?! They gave you/us all this things to not think about how our life's are miserable and possibly changing something for the better. Don't believe me? Sports. There I said it. It's one of the biggest distractions to humans in our history. And who ever tries to expose the system and try to show people what kind of a system it is, they get removed. And do you know whats the worst thing about it? Instead of making a world revolution, most of the people do nothing. Sad. People are lazy and just used to not take actions...

Will our situation ever change? I don't see how can that happen, unless aliens do present themselves to us in the future.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join