Solar Activity Watch 2014

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Some days the sun is so bright it's unbelievable.

I amazed at how oblivious people are to it, and do not take any notice.

I guess they just believe its always been like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yesterday's CME impact was just marvelous. My bro had 2 seizures in one day (he barely have one in a few months.It's a post-traumatic epilepsy) and I had a migraine as usually but this time it kicked really hard with a new bonus vomiting. For us two the peak was at 22-2300 GMT+1
Sometimes I don't like the Sun much.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
lets hope this thread doesnt get buried under a bunch of doom threads, its a beautiful day here and sunshine

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

There was no CME "impact" yesterday. There has been a bit of an increase in solar wind speed in the past 5 or 6 hours though.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you sure? August 19 - an Earth directed filament eruption which arrived yesterday
Check the news.

Also notice the Kiruna riometer voltage peaks. It's a new stuff for me and I think it's interresting.
edit on 19/8/2014 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

08/19/2014 @ 10:50 UTC
Weak CME Impact
Attached data courtesy of the ACE space craft shows that a weak shock passage was observed overnight. A geomagnetic sudden impulse measuring 12nT was detected at 07:00 UTC. Solar wind speeds increased slightly to above 350 km/s and the Bz component of the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) has been variable. As of this update, only a very minor increase in geomagnetic activity is being detected. More updates to follow this morning when required.

Solarham.net

With something that weak, I think your brother needs to blame his seizures on something else.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Actually he doesn't blame it at all. That data weakness is pretty common lately. You see high density and low speed or just nothing when there should be something. For me it doesn't mean much. What happen if you have high density charged particles coming at low speed? Maybe kinda shockwave or just something more efficient than silly borring solar wind from a coronal hole. Sometimes the size doesn't matters.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Are you sure? August 19 - an Earth directed filament eruption which arrived yesterday
Check the news.
Yes, I am sure.

SkepticalObserver is not news and the data shows that the CME (if you can call it that) did not arrive until around 06:00 on the 19th (UTC). There was a very slight increase in the density and a slight increase in the speed of the solar wind at that time. The Bz component showed some very slight and mild variation until about 18:00 when it took a fairly strong south turn.

At that point, even though the CME itself was very mild we started seeing some moderate geomagnetic activity because of its magnetic orientation in relation to the Earth's. It may have produced some nice aurora in northern Europe but as you can see, the 18th was very calm (as it is again now).
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Neither you, your brother, the Earth's magnetic field, or the weather were affected by the CME before it got here. SkepticalObserver is not news but he does like to throw big words around and claim that solar activity affects weather and causes earthquakes.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It was no tiny filament. I checked those Kiruna voltage meters and seen these coincidental changes from 1,5V to 4V in the right times as my inner radar told me first as usually.
Nevermind. I know it's not exact science (yet) and I should resist to start a rant here. Just maybe don't touch my news channel. Make a vid everyday and I may subscribe yours as I mostly like your MO. They are doing a great work and see connections you as well as mainstream science caste servants don't want to see. We are made of stardust, starwater and electricity. Look at the world nervous anthill and say nothing to see here.

edit on 21/8/2014 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well it seems it was nothing minor in the end and maybe a start of something bigger. We've seen auroras, earthquakes and continous flaring with some new indications of the solar pole flip. We'll see yet if this is it already

top topics

<< 1   >>

join