It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US admits possible failure in Iraq as Resistance is gathering Momentum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How many US presidential candidates did you see everyday on FOX or CNN?

TWO!

most people you talk to have no idea who else was running

ask someone who badnarik is and you get a blank stare

that doesn't mean that the election is a sham

have you actually made an effort to find out who will be running? you haven't proved anything

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Marg, thats right. This election will favor Bush in the eyes of the world if he manages to have it. This is the main reason for elections to be held there.
I also would like to find out who the candidates are.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Marg, thats right. This election will favor Bush in the eyes of the world if he manages to have it.

Yeah, just like Afghanistan, look at their elections and their new found democracy and not they have the best economy "opium" and democracy is relegated to the main city where its leader is a prisoner, the rest of the country is run by warlords and drugs dealers.

Business is booming.

Imas, have your meet the new political candidates for Iraq? guess what neither the Iraqi people.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Imas, have your meet the new political candidates for Iraq?

Have I met them? No I have not met them. I guess that proves something but I'm not sure what.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
marg6043
guess what neither the Iraqi people.

So do you have a source for this little tidbit? Some proof? Have you been to Iraq?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Marg,

Maybe this would be preferable to the current situation in Afghanistan?

Taliban Rule

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Author of this thread is completely clueless and is so far out in left field that Babe Ruth could even hit him a pop fly.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
After reading this thread, I believe there is a whole lot of disinformation and misunderstanding here. Do a google on 'iraqi election process' and do some reading before you continue this pointless 'Im right and you don't know anything' bickering.

The election planned in January is NOT to elect a 'president' or 'Prime Minister'. What the people of Iraq will be voting for is the members of the Iraqi National Assembly. This 275 member body will, among other things, draft a constitution. Something Iraq doesn't have. No elections for a national leader can be held until the actual form of government is even determined.

The registration period for candidates to the INA continues until the middle of December. There's still a nearly a month for new candidates to sign up, let alone start campaigning. The Iraqi election will be country-wide, no individual districts. The voter will choose one from many assorted 'lists' of candidates, one person out of three of which must be women. There have already been more than 180 candidate applications submitted for approval to the elections committee.

It would be nice to see a little actual information and fact posted in this thread, rather than all this perpetual backbiting.

I think I need a chill pill.......

[edit on 11/20/2004 by Montana]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Exactly is not political candidates and is not a change on the ruling PM poppet, is not enought control in that country to do anything that involves the cities outside Baghad.

But Mr. Imas knows about all that is going in Iraq because he is an ambassador from Iraq, so he is going to take all of us to visit the democratic Iraq soon.

Mr. Imas has first hand on the situation in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Montana, shame on us. You're right.

Guess we got carried away. Guilty as charged.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Exactly is not political candidates and is not a change on the ruling PM poppet, is not enought control in that country to do anything that involves the cities outside Baghad.

But Mr. Imas knows about all that is going in Iraq because he is an ambassador from Iraq, so he is going to take all of us to visit the democratic Iraq soon.

Mr. Imas has first hand on the situation in Iraq.

I am just blindly following what the administration says about Iraq.
YOU ARE THE ONE that keeps giving all kinds of opinions with nothing to back it up.

I challenged you to provide some sort of proof to you ridiculous claims and you accuse me of what you have been doing. Sorry nice try. You took that one right out of the democratic play book didn't you.

I originally posted the question HOW ARE YOU SO CERTAIN ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN IRAQ? You have fail to provide an answer. I have just been pointing out that all your statements were made up loads of poo that are not supported by the facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Basically I agree with the best source of intelligence in the world and you are making baseless claims without a shred of proof. It doesn't matter who I am or whether I have been to Iraq. I am using the most credible source that could be possible, the US government.

Come on if you are going to accuse the government of lying about everything lets hear why YOU are such an expert and how it is that you alone know more than $365 Billion dollars a year can buy.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Imas, shouldnt you be getting ready for school on Monday?

download Rush Limbaugh, write the White House, do something constructive will you?
OR- could i suggest you go rent f9/11 or listen to Alex Jones for awhile?
They're sure eye openers- There's nothing wrong with listening to these people in order to educate onesself. I do it all the time, i actually,(gag) listen to Rush once in a great while just so i can see how the other side thinks...
then i stop laughing and go on with my life.
Give it a try.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So you're accusing me of being an idiot and a child and telling me in the same post that Michael moore is reliable.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No, i have respect for you. I never said you were an idiot, dont put words in my mouth.

I do think you should listen to the other side of the story though. It wouldnt hurt. Us lefties arent crazy, we just have our own beliefs, thats all.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by imas
So you're accusing me of being an idiot and a child and telling me in the same post that Michael moore is reliable.

My fellow member no body has called you any names in here.
Your intellingence sources are the best in the world. Remember.?

[edit on 20-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread needs to chill out.
The snippiness is getting the discussion nowhere. Kindly stop it now.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We need to stop bickering, and support our soldiers in combat during this time of war.

1. There will be an election
2. Some areas of Iraq will not be able to participate due to safety concerns.
3. The more resistance fighters we kill, the closer Iraq will become a free society.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GODFLESH
We need to stop bickering, and support our soldiers in combat during this time of war.

1. There will be an election
2. Some areas of Iraq will not be able to participate due to safety concerns.
3. The more resistance fighters we kill, the closer Iraq will become a free society.

1. The poppet PM will stay in power, the election will be make believe for the international community and to proof that Mr. Bush did it.

2. They will care less who vote or not.

3. And more civilian casualties will keep pilling against US.

Yes democracy sure will be great for the few in Iraq, I mean the ones that wants Mr. Bush democracy.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join