It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio police: Man stopped for speeding had 48 bombs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So once again the anti terrorist organizations found and stopped nothing, but a cop who paid attention (potentially) saves the day.

Some more info on the guy from heavy.com (never hear about the site before, just came up in a search).

According to The Madison Press, the accused man works at a training facility for Navy Seals in Indiana. In the car, officers found blueprints for the facility and surrounding buildings.

When he was pulled over initially, the trooper says that he asked Boguslawski if he had any weapons in the car. He says he was prompted to ask based on bumper stickers that were on the car including, "If you can see this, you're in range." Boguslawski said he had no weapons in the vehicle.

Also taken from Boguslawski were electronics such as a laptop, camera and GPS system. Police have executed a search warrant at his home but have not released details of what, if anything, was recovered. Prosecutor Adkins says: "...looking for a link to any known terrorist operations and to identify the intended target."

(post by JBA2848 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

The impression i got, when I read an article earlier, was that the man had stuck the pistol between his legs while the cops was in his vehicle writing the ticket.

Because I doubt the guy would have had it between his legs to begin with and the cops not notice after initial contact. They're trained better than that.

That said, and back to the OP, I wonder just *what* these devices were. Something actually serious, or just a bag of homemade firecrackers or something left over from New Years. Legally, almost anything that "explodes" in any fashion is now defined as a "bomb" (or rather "explosive device"), no matter how small (and I'm surprised bullets aren't labeled as such, at times). The detonation device, this, is also tricky...and mysterious.

The question is: WHAT exactly were these "bombs?"

And the next question, obviously, is what was his intention?

edit on 7-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

FirePiston
I wonder if it could be tanerite which is legal.
Firepiston

Ha! I bet you're right!
It was probably a guy headed out to the country to try out his guns on some tannerite targets.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
His, his name is

BOGUS- LAW-SKI

Uh-huh-huh-wha-whaa?

Not to mention everything happening with Russia... well, TO mention it, actually. Very very odd.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

HardCorps
Hey wait... were not missing any members from the survival threads here on ATS, are we?

Thanks a million for associating those members that frequent the survival thread with this bozon. What a healthy generalization that was.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
in some states a piece of dry ice in a soda bottle is a bomb.

Calif is like that and if they though they could get away with it a bag full of air would be to.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.madison-press.com...

“He asked the driver if there was any weapons in the vehicle,” said Adkins.

The prosecutor said the trooper was prompted to ask about weapons because of several bumper stickers on Boguslawski’s car —specifically a sticker warning “If you can read this, you’re in range.”

Boguslawski told the trooper there were no guns in the vehicle. Davis went to write the man a ticket and when he returned to the car, he noticed the handle of a gun between the man’s knees.

“At that point, he drew his service weapon, held the man there and called for backup,” said Adkins.

When help arrived, Boguslawski was taken from the vehicle, which was searched. Investigators found four guns — two pistols and two rifles — as well as 48 explosive devices and tools and materials to make additional explosives.

“Most concerning to me was that they found a remote detonating device,” said Adkins.

He added, “The majority of the devices, I would not classify as high tech, but some of the devices were set up to be activated with the remote detonator.”

Investigators are now trying to determine what Boguslawski had planned.

He did not make any type of statement,” said Adkins. “He did not want to make any statement.”

Boguslawski works in Indiana at a training facility for Navy Seals, Adkins said. The prosecutor said Boguslawski had schematics and other plans for buildings that are part of that training facility. Adkins said the man was driving west toward Indiana at the time of the arrest.

Investigators removed a laptop, a GPS system and a camera.

“We are hopeful they will reveal some indication what his intent was,” said Adkins.

Investigators are working through a search warrant for those items. Law enforcement officials have executed a search warrant for the man’s Indiana home.

“We are reviewing the information as it comes in and considering how we are going to proceed,” said Adkins. “We have several options.”

The assistant prosecutor said the Ohio Fire Marshall, The Ohio State Highway Patrol, the federal division of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as well as the U.S. Department of Justice, have participated in the investigation.

“There is discussion whether Madison County will handle this or whether it will be handled at the federal level,” said Adkins. “Really, that decision comes down to what we find when we process the GPS, camera and laptop.”

He said investigators are “looking for a link to any known terrorist operations and to identify the intended target.”

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Thanks for the updated info...
it also brings up a bit of advice... don't put pro-gun bumper stickers on your car.
I used to have a NRA life member on my truck... and that truck was broken into six times...
my insurance adjuster told me it was because of that sticker... made me a target for bad guys looking to steal weapons...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This man just might have the bombs to use in defense of the country. Like all the people with a stock pile of guns intended to stop the invaders as they hit the beaches on US soil. He might be a patriot.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
From the photo in the article, this guy looks like one of those backwoods redneck militia types. I'm just sayin'. He might have been on his way to a BBQ in West Virginia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join