It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Various site updates coming today and over the next few days...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

as i understand it, the ideal is to use a .ttf or .otf file. Fonts are vectored images with nearly infinite scalability. So for the mobile environment, the smilies will create minimal lag as the amount of data transmitted for them is no different than any regular letter.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You're correct. I had png stuck in my head, but I do remember SO talking about making them part of a font. So, ttf or otf would be the way to go. Oh well. It'll all work out in the end. :-)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here's a sneak-peak at one of the things I'm working on. An in-line reply form that appears below the post you're replying to.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Boy, I'd drop a million stars on that post if I could, SO. An awesome feature to look forward to!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I cannot even begin to tell you how cool I think that would be!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on Wed Jan 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Ok well that's insanely awesome.

No page loads?!

Awesomeness.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Using ATS via mobile phone is so much improved. The new upgrading of how it looks and functions is so very.
And the emoticons now are keepers.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I would like to see posts keep the stars for the agrees, and something like a thumbs-down for disagrees.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

YEA! YEA! YEA!

FOR THE INLINE POSTING section.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

And the inline posting form is fully functioning, and currently being tested by staff.

The form has all the same functionality as the current system, including the pop-up to easily place images from your upload area.

The new method also introduces a couple nice user experience surprises. Coming soon after this post in screen shots.

The new and unusual BBcode you see at the top is part of the new feature.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

YEA! YEA! YEA!

HIP-HIP HOOOORAY!

THX THX THX THX!

Thx for all your hard work . . . and patience trying to herd cats.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here are the screen shots of what's coming soon.

The in-line form for reply-to… no more new page-loads to reply, and the post you're replying to remains just above the form.

When the new system is used, the link to the original post no longer opens a new page or tab, but instead shows just the post the member replied to, in a little floating pop-up.

The same-inline form is used when you quote a post, and the same floating pop-up is used to show you your preview.

There are some crucial code and style sheet changes that go along with these UI changes which require a little more testing and refinement, but the functionality of what you see here won't change.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Some really awesome upgrades....it will really make replying to long posts SO much easier

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What a grief removing time-saver THAT will be!

. . . and frustration, exasperation remover!

Don't know how many marriages it may save but it is sure wonderful for this single guy.

THX THX.

= = =

BTW, Big Boss . . . while I'm at it . . .

I looked at your artwork. It seems to me you show a LOT of sensitivity and patience. Would you consider an ATS art forum where ATSers who are artists could post and helpfully critique one anothers' art? I think it could be a valuable service to members who are artists as well as for those who 'merely' enjoy art.

imho.

edit on 10/1/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

THIS.....when you talk about "site upgrades", you don't get any more relevant than what you are doing here.

Outstanding. Very sexy, very stylish. Except you use the light skin instead of the dark skin. lol

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

BO XIAN

What a grief removing time-saver THAT will be!

. . . and frustration, exasperation remover!

Don't know how many marriages it may save but it is sure wonderful for this single guy.

THX THX.

= = =

BTW, Big Boss . . . while I'm at it . . .

I looked at your artwork. It seems to me you show a LOT of sensitivity and patience. Would you consider an ATS art forum where ATSers who are artists could post and helpfully critique one anothers' art? I think it could be a valuable service to members who are artists as well as for those who 'merely' enjoy art.

imho.

edit on 10/1/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

I would wholly support this. I am a hobby artist, but would enjoy a place that attracts the site artsy fartsy types so we could synergize a little bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

BO XIAN
Would you consider an ATS art forum where ATSers who are artists could post and helpfully critique one anothers' art?

Do you mean the Member Art Forum?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Except you use the light skin instead of the dark skin. lol

If you give the "light" version of the website two days, I guarantee you won't go back to dark.
edit on 10-1-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Wellll blow the man down in my ignorance yet again.

Thx. Didn't know it existed.

Will hopefully get to checking it out over the next week.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

sounds good

Any chance you could let us know what changes we are in for?

They're making me a mod! Bwahahaha. Ugh, could you imagine?

-------------------------------------------------

I was rather pleased that ATS started working on the iPhone again. It's all formatted and whatnot. Forgot to props the team. My understanding is that SO is pretty much in charge of all the new stuff. As much as I hate to smooch his glorious behind, it's pretty impressive he does most (or all) of the site design (as far as I know). Love the new format. It reminds me of a new clean and uncluttered kitchen. Yeah some people had to learn which cupboards and drawers had what, but it is all intuitive. And shiny. And clean.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join