It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Most Dangerous Path - Would You Risk It?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If they let me bring my climbing gear I would do it, if not no thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Now, if it was a coffee shop at the very end, then I'd do it

Pysch!! My hands get sweaty when I get nervous so I'd probably lose my grip at some point and fall to my death.... all for a cup of tea...

SMH

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't care how nice the view is, I wouldn't risk my life to see it. Hell, I'm in heaven just sitting by the ocean.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Considering my track record with stairs and having a year long recovery from said track record, let me think about this for a second: NO. As gorgeous as it is, it rather falls under my general rule of not doing things that I probably shouldn't do. I really don't want to end up on the Darwin Awards someday.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Come on....how many of you rednecks really want to respond with, "Here....hold my beer".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Come on....how many of you rednecks really want to respond with, "Here....hold my beer".

Me! I would probably need 2-3 beers before I attempted the plank path.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow, that's amazing! Yep, sign me up - I'd go (probably question that decision half way) but by then, you're committed, no turning back!

edit on 7-1-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

LadySkadi
Wow, that's amazing! Yep, sign me up - I'd go (probably question that decision half way) but by then, you're committed, no turning back!

Because there doesn't seem to be apparently enough room to physically turn around and make your way back down.....

Gives me the willies just looking at it....still.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I think I would make the attempt. Yes. A real test of courage for sure. One doozy step and....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Those are some crazy slopes.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

IceHappy

I cannot help but to notice that the people in the photos are walking one way.... hmmmmm looking again at the photos surely this is a one way passage.... So how does one get back down????

When meeting someone going the opposite direction, the only possible way to pass is by backing up to the closest landing, then letting the other person pass.

Nope, apparently there's only one way up and down.

There's also apparently more than one path.

I can't imagine constructing this path. Flags mark which path you're on. There are several paths, which go to other locations; mostly landings that have larger standing areas.

This photoblog from the reddit page has a good description of traveling up to the tea house. Sounds pretty terrifying to me. I have a hard enough time on regular ladders, never mind ones carved into the side of a mountain.

Here's a video of someone doing the trail with a helmet camera:

edit on 7-1-2014 by dug88 because: forgot to add link to photoblog

edit on 7-1-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2014 by dug88 because: #ing ands

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

LOL, we all know that beer is a great way to aid in your balance. The more you drink, the better your balance seems to be.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

While I'd love to try this at some point in the future, not sure I'm savvy enough yet. Seeing as I like tea, and amazing views, this looks like the place for me.

And of course you never see people going back down in the pictures - think about it; you're climbing up a very dangerous route, with only a tea house at the top - the "average" person that makes it to the top, drinks their tea, finds an overlook to take in the scenery, and due to the high altitude becomes dizzy & falls off the edge. (In case you didn't get it, I'm kidding).

As for passing on the three planks - it probably can be done, as I noticed there was a steel chain in the helmet cam video - Person 1 could hold onto the chain, and stay on the plank closest to the edge, creating a tunnel that Person 2 can pass through. As for the toe-holds, it would probably function like a one-way bridge - everyone takes turns.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

dug88

IceHappy

I cannot help but to notice that the people in the photos are walking one way.... hmmmmm looking again at the photos surely this is a one way passage.... So how does one get back down????

When meeting someone going the opposite direction, the only possible way to pass is by backing up to the closest landing, then letting the other person pass.

Nope, apparently there's only one way up and down.

There's also apparently more than one path.

I can't imagine constructing this path. Flags mark which path you're on. There are several paths, which go to other locations; mostly landings that have larger standing areas.

This photoblog from the reddit page has a good description of traveling up to the tea house. Sounds pretty terrifying to me. I have a hard enough time on regular ladders, never mind ones carved into the side of a mountain.

Here's a video of someone doing the trail with a helmet camera:

edit on 7-1-2014 by dug88 because: forgot to add link to photoblog

edit on 7-1-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2014 by dug88 because: #ing ands

Nice find! The dude sleeping on the edge is insane! I was also thinking that it would suck to drop the camera when he was taking pictures.

Having the cloud cover would help psychologically. You wouldn't be able to see how far you would fall.
edit on 7-1-2014 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

LOL, we all know that beer is a great way to aid in your balance. The more you drink, the better your balance seems to be.

I had no idea you went all Miley on us.

You know what... it suits you.

LMAO. Thats awesome

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
For Toasim and tea, sure why not. Not being afraid heights help. Wouldn't go without proper gear however, as a backup. Count me in for visiting the The Hanging Coffins at Sagada as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

dreamingawake
For Toasim and tea, sure why not. Not being afraid heights help. Wouldn't go without proper gear however, as a backup. Count me in for visiting the The Hanging Coffins at Sagada as well.

Just googled the coffins. What the...? That's crazy. Out of a horror movie.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

The look on the face of the gorilla i chose for the image says it all. "OK, what the hell am I doing on this ball?"

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I would definitely do this. The tea better be worth it though.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm not scared of heights, but I'm having a panic attack just looking at that hike. However...I would also be be pretty tempted to try it. And how do they get supplies up to villages and the teahouse??
edit on 1-9-2014 by Rhoswen because: word reversed

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join