It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mundane, Boring! Has that what has happened to ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Perhaps it's just me, but I find more than lately that Topics/Threads just seem to be dull, repetitive and boring.

I subscribe to many threads and it just seems to me, that there really are not many interesting topics or they lack enough details to hold my interest. I begin to read what appears to be an interesting Headline Thread and then open the thread to only be hit with some YouTube video clip with either no comments or very little description of what the essence of the story is.

I find myself, just closing it, and then trying to find a topic that has some meat to it or at least something that I find interesting, lately it has been lacking in my opinion.

Then, there are topics/threads that begin as provocative and interesting, but default to just a few posters arguing back and forth over semantics or resulting in incivility. Just my observation.

Lastly, it seems like other, perhaps MOST of the recent posts just seem to repeat a story that MSM has just announced and people feel the urge to post a story via YouTube that has been on t.v. or in print that most of us have been made aware of, but offer no further insight, opinion, just the appearance to be the 'FIRST' to report a story.

So, perhaps this is not a 'Rant' in its' truest sense, just an observation, a feeling I have and wish that there were really some exciting news or breakthrough announcements.

Not sure what others think, but just felt compelled to discuss. I am an active member and log on every day, more than once in hopes of finding something NEW, but find myself disappointed by the mundane.

That's all, just wanted get that out. I wonder if is just me, or do others feel the same?

Peace!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Creating content requires work and dedication. Most of the threads are normally started with a news blot and some comment (there are 1001 sites where this occurs, the distinction on ATS is simply on the selection of the news).

From time to time you see well elaborated threads but they are rare and most of the time after you see the dedication and work put into them you just think that it will be like trowing peals to pigs (that is if you support the validity of subject that its been presented).

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don't know xmas and new year has just gone.

The best thing about ATS for me is the I can scan it while at work and leave a comment on a subject that interests me. As for threads on topic with little information it's fine by me as long as you give links so I can see where the information is from and correct. Time's are getting harder and maybe ats'er are more busy then normal.

Normally there is a Obama thread every day on here which # me off. Not seen one for weeks
...Its not that am a Obama fan just tired of logging on to ast and its alllll Obama.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have been on ATS far longer than my current avatar reflects. IMO it is has turned from an investigative site into a news forum. Great place for getting a quick glance at alternative news.

Recently I put up a post regarding global warming with several scientists opinions. I challenged ATS to not debate climate change but to investigate the money behind the scientists. You can't discredit someones opinion without figuring out if they are "on a side" and who is paying them. Despite only putting the names of two scientists on it not one single person looked up who paid these two scientists (I already had done that).

It got three posts and not one person investigated anything. It was the moment I realized that ATS was dead as a source of any real information. Actually it may have been the Duck Dynasty thread when I knew it was over for ATS......

The new ATS motto? Embrace Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have noticed this too, and I don't like that it is happening. It used to be that a lot of people would put a lot of thought and research into their threads but now like you said they just post a news article and state their opinion and one paragraph and an article later you just have a bunch of arguing. Thread will start out bout say onions and turn into grammar war or turns into a discussion on world war 3 or religion. It's crazy. My biggest thing on here though is the lack of synergy. We all have different beliefs and philosophies but the majority of us agree on what the world needs to change for the better and who the enemies are. So why not throw away our petty differences (which distract us from truly getting to the bottom of things) and work together as one team. IMO that's why the posts aren't that interesting as well. Why post this long elaborate and well researched idea if its gonna get shot down and ripped to shreds instead of helped to form and grow from an idea to reality. I'm sort of rambling but I think I may have gotten my point across.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Remember it's member driven content.

It is difficult to discuss UFO's since CGI.

So if the thread quality has dropped.

We have nobody to blame but the members.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

There are still some members here who do the research, and take the time/effort to make excellent threads. I won't name any names. They are few and far between though, and I must admit, I am not one who has been taking the time to do it myself, so I can't complain.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its true, personally i'm one that brings crap content here. i blame the star and flag mentality, i dont got any use for them but it seems is like some of those clicking games that gives nothing and people just keep playing.

Also in my short stay in ats i tried to make 2 original topics that failed, but my cookie cutter topics about a news with 1 liner comments and video did well among my fellow atsers, for example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So i dont blame me for my the quality of my topics alone, i blame the public, a tv channel will make the kind of programs people prefer like realities and not expensive time consuming productions that no one cares about, i dont see why it would be different here

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It is not just you friend, it is the inter webs in general.

I think our (ATS) and others efforts have begun to bear fruit, unfortunately it was not the awakening or enlightenment of the masses we had all hoped for, it was an info black out, and active efforts by (them) to hush all info (they) don't want out there.

Zetabyte processors help in this effort....cough nsa...cough cough.

In reality, I am beginning to believe snow den was a plant, his info did not reveal and outrage, it informed and stifled information.

Information addicts like most of us ATSers have begun to experience with drawl symptoms.

I hope the tide can be turned, there is so much to know, and even more to debate...........if only we could get our hands on more 'actual' useful information, instead of all of the worthless political keep on infighting information that is being released.

Even the dark net has been talking about, and been devoid of very much actually useful new info.

One does wander at the cause, and the remedy. The former being much more important than the latter.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was lurking for a while, and I must say you are right. I used to look everyday to see if anything was new. I thought at first the people with scanners, people out of other countries, and a few other people might be in the know of things. Lately news might be boring or the real folks with the know have been snuffed, never know. I am still around, hope we can still get the knowledge we are seeking. Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

paytaplay
I was lurking for a while, and I must say you are right. I used to look everyday to see if anything was new. I thought at first the people with scanners, people out of other countries, and a few other people might be in the know of things. Lately news might be boring or the real folks with the know have been snuffed, never know. I am still around, hope we can still get the knowledge we are seeking. Peace.

I am voting snuffed, and or stiff led under thread, or direct censorship.

Once again, zetabyte processors, this can process info fast than every human mind on earth combined.

They have their queen in play, I recommend we utilize our pieces accordingly, or this entire chess game will be over in the next couple of moves, even if it takes us 16 moves to the end. Once a certain line is crossed the end is inevitable, no matter what occurs.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Be the change you want to see is all I can say

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory has become a fad, which why there are a stream of new members coming in posting the repetitive, the dull, and the outrageous.

But I will say that there hasn't been a good conspiracy creating event since 911, that is over a decade.

In a little town near me, firefighters got so bored that they set a house on fire and responded to it for something to do.

Maybe we need to create our own events. XD
edit on 7-1-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I definitely agree with your comments. I do realize it takes effort to put together a cogent thread which involves research and good dialogue.

I am just expressing that it just appears to me, that as of late (couple of months or more) those well thought out threads seem to be few and far apart.

However, I will continue to come back and enjoy those type of threads

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well yes I'm bored with it. There's not much happening atm on here except just random threads. But hey I cannot be arsed to do any myself lol so I will just do what everyone else does....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You bring up one of my concerns as well. When someone like yourself goes and does the research and posts a credible thread, often times they seem to die a quick death.

Then, I often see other threads, as I mentioned above with a couple of lengthy YouTube videos and the responses go on and on. I dunno, maybe its just those few threads that seem to instill a visceral response that intrigues posters.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is a poison that has permeated the internet where interesting threads on religion,spirituality,alternative medicine,financial analysis and other topics are automatically attacked by shills its not so blatent on this site but I can think of two posters on this board that always flock to these threads to poo poo them and take them apart under the disguise of denying ignorance and rationalism which is fine if you have a black and white subject but we deal with a lot of grey here,people may just be so tired of these 2 and others they dont bother any more,healthy scepticism is fine but a closed mind that always quotes 'common sense' or the mass perception at large isn't.Mass perceptions once had the world as flat with the sun revolving around it.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Yes, I agree. Perhaps part of the problem is just plain old information overload. We get it from so many sources. I do subscribe to a number of topics and threads, I've responded sometimes, but more of late, I have just withdrawn from making a point or reply thinking what's the use.

Many times it just seems like a thread has been hijacked by a couple or few of bickering people and the original topic has moved to a non relevant personal dispute. At that point, I see no reason to participate and just move on.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

paytaplay

Although there have been some wonderful threads, I don't want to generalize, but those threads just seem to be few and far apart. It is almost like after the ominous 2012 prophecies expired and nothing happened, there is a lack of good quality conspiracy threads that have been made. Just my experience, and by no means am I trashing ATS. I love the site and come back often and do offer comments. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

nixie_nox
Conspiracy theory has become a fad, which why there are a stream of new members coming in posting the repetitive, the dull, and the outrageous.

But I will say that there hasn't been a good conspiracy creating event since 911, that is over a decade.

In a little town near me, firefighters got so bored that they set a house on fire and responded to it for something to do.

Maybe we need to create our own events. XD
edit on 7-1-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Be very careful, the webs crawl with "them", and they seriously only looking for a reason.

You have the same convorsation irl no phones(they do listen btw), no probs, since snowden .........I believe the ndaa covered this territory already.

They have no rules or laws, only we do.

I am all for standing up now, as a whole, but individually..........it is not smart.

" we should all hang together, or we will all surely all hang apart"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join