It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare to ban certain doctors from prescribing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

buster2010

whyamIhere

buster2010
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Another roadblock and another way to rob chronic patients of their quality of life meds.

Or it could be a way to catch and bust doctors that are nothing more than professional pill pushers.

Buster,

Should everybody suffer to catch a few Doctors?

The Government has no business in the Doctors Office.

Besides, how can it not be a violation of our 4th Amendment Rights?

If the person is paying for it then it would be a violation of their 4th but the government is the one doing the paying. I want to know where my tax dollars are going and if a person has a legitimate illness they will get their meds.

Nice cop out considering Obamacare forces us all to be part of a government run system.

I never asked to be part of that. How do I opt out? Oh wait, I can't.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Buster, it's government regulations forcing my Doctor to comply.

I do not nor have I ever taken a dime from the Government.

I agree with Ronnie...

"I want two things from my government. Deliver my mail. Stay the hell out of my life".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

The unprecedented rise in overdose deaths in the US parallels a 300% increase since 1999 in the sale of these strong painkillers. These drugs were involved in 14,800 overdose deaths in 2008, more than coc aine and heroin combined.

Fair point. How about when someone dies of a painkiller overdose the investigating officer or coroner then run a check on that patients recent prescription history and prescribing doctor. If there are irregularities we already have means of dealing with it. Keep the federal "contractors" out of peoples business, we have enough gestapo in the US as it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are a lot of so called diseases out there that do not need medicines. Small alterations to the diet, including the way food is prepared can take care of a lot of them. I see a big time scam emerging within the medical trades, doctors are treating people instead of helping them to get rid of their problems. This should be expected though, such a big employer of people would want their services needed if nothing else to provide work for their workers. Even a non profit organization still wants to survive, hospitals are no exception to the rules.

The side effects of a lot of medicines eventually take their toll on people's bodies. It may take years before they show up but eventually they will appear. Nobody realizes that the meds cause this, they assume it is yet another complication of their lifestyle and caused because they don't eat what society said is appropriate. Look at caffeinated coffee, they said that was not good for us, now they say it is good. How about eggs? We were doing nothing wrong to feel guilty about, we just assumed we were doing something wrong.

This doesn't give a person the ok to eat a hundred percent processed food though, but a meal a week is not going to hurt anyone. Moderation is the clue, McD's is no worse than a can of highly processed beef stew. We need to eat a variety of things to stay healthy, our diet can't stay lopsided for too long. A little raw, a little cooked. The right kind of seasonings. And of course, you eat food based on season or you get sick easier.

I don't think the government is going to go after the good doctors, but then again who says who is good? Would a doctor who prescribes special vitamins or minerals to combat a condition to a person be a bad doctor? The use of minerals have not been tested by the medical field, so they are not technically allowed. The diagnosis is the creation of the doctor, it may not be correct. The doctor may know a medication that will help your condition but it was not tested nor approved for that use and he got in trouble for curing someone so now he cannot prescribe?

We'll see what happens, I can see both sides of the story. I guess my opinion is not influential anyway so it does not matter what I say. Sorry for babbling on.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Basically most doctor's offices and hospitals have ALREADY been forced to go to Electronic Medical Records (EMR) . If this proposed rule goes through, the Fed Bureaucrats (and their "contractors") will have the power to see the medical diagnosis before the patient even leaves the office--and whether or not the physician prescribed an "appropriate" drug.

Sounds like a "real time" death panel.

By the time you get to a drug store, your prescription could get cancelled.

I wonder if they will use computer programs to make determinations ? (artificial intelligence)

That alone could kill millions.

edit on Jan-07-2014 by xuenchen because:
:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes, believe it.
With the new ICD 10 (international classification of diseases, 10th edition) being implemented this year, the number of codes for different diagnoses has increased to 90,000.
In the not-too-distant-future, when your doctor codes a diagnosis, the Feds will be looking to make sure that any medications prescribed are "indicated" in which-ever "Manual" they decide to use, and that the Doc has prescribed the least expensive one. They (the Feds)would love to be able to diagnose with just a questionnaire and a set of vital signs and perhaps a few routine lab tests--and I wouldn't doubt that they have plans to offer such.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Yep.

It could be done without an actual doctor too.

That's another scary part.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Given the flight of doctors from the system. It might all have to be done without them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join