It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Aberree" magazine, a treasure trove of 1950s psychic, UFO, and Scientology-like data

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
From 1954 to 1965 former and present members and associates of the Dianetics and Scientology organizations published secrets, top secrets, and their own discoveries, theories, and ideas in "The Aberree" Magazine, called the non-serious voice of Scientology.

Issued 10 times a year with no copyright (on purpose, so even at that early date the axiom "information is free" was in play) the entire motherlode is all on one website:

www.aberree.com...

The Aberree started out as "the non-serious voice of Scientology" and ultimately encompassed all kinds of spiritual and self-help interests, from psychic phenomena and UFOs to improving eyesight.

The Aberree shows that convention and uniformity weren't the whole story of the 50s, by a long shot. It also shows that Scientology, which has grown famous for its attempts to silence dissent and criticism, was trying to squelch debate 50 years ago ... with similarly ineffective tactics.

This is one that could be saved, savored, and served with a large dash of sanity. It presents the best of the best of the people who learned at Hubbard's feet (well, I guess they sat in chairs) and honored him or dishonored him by passing along information.

I've only scratched the surface in reading and mining this stuff, and know it mainly as a depository of an early copy of a 16 lesson course in advanced perception by Harold Schroeppel. Please dive in and tell us what you dig up in the hundreds of pages of data presented in these pages. Enjoy!

And maybe people can copy off the entire site, because you never know how long these things stay up once they're found and pointed out ("Look, over there, stuff!!!").

edit on 7-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2014 by Sauron because: title edit request by OP

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here's the site-map link to all the issues:

www.aberree.com...

An example of one of Harold Schroeppel's lessons, from May of 1962. I was actually just going to put up a random page, then when I hit their random button a Schroeppel page popped up (not this one, one on Dreams), so I went with one of his since I mentioned him in the OP. This page is presented in full in a file as it's not copyrighted. And read the warning label, there can be dragons in thee:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I've long been fascinated by the "amateur media" out of these cults from the 1950s to the 1970s, this looks like a great resource for the Scientologists… bookmarked

edit on 7-1-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well I will certainly give this a look over. Shame so much information so little time to properly view and digest it. Too bad we cannot determine if it is really a benefit to humanity or just drivel...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

adjensen
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I've long been fascinated by the "amateur media" out of these cults from the 1950s to the 1970s, this looks like a great resource for the Scientologists… bookmarked

edit on 7-1-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

Yes, me too. I've got some books by a fellow named James Welgos who was active at the time, and he and a few others organized something called the Eidetic Foundation, which Harold Schroeppel wrote for as well. Put a few of these books and groups together with the material in the Aberree and a few other sources and it amounts to quite a field to at least search through for relics, fossils, and old coins, if that mixed metaphor works on any level

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

abeverage
Well I will certainly give this a look over. Shame so much information so little time to properly view and digest it. Too bad we cannot determine if it is really a benefit to humanity or just drivel...

I know. ATS has so many vids and threads that I've got lined up on my subscription list that I haven't read or seen all the way through as yet. And some of the older threads, with hundreds of posts, are themselves treasures.

The best stuff I know of in the Aberree was Harold Schroeppel's data, which predates his classes in the 1960s and '70s. He was, imnho, likely the finest teacher of human potential in the world at the time, and he published his set of lessons in the Aberree first after working them out for years with other people. Almost everything else in the Aberree would be new to me, but I do know it was where quite a few people with knowledge were publishing their stuff, copyright free. There is really no index that I can find on the site, just listings of issues and page numbers, so it really is a mining expedition.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Aleister

abeverage

I know. ATS has so many vids and threads that I've got lined up on my subscription list that I haven't read or seen all the way through as yet. And some of the older threads, with hundreds of posts, are themselves treasures.

The best stuff I know of in the Aberree was Harold Schroeppel's data, which predates his classes in the 1960s and '70s. He was, imnho, likely the finest teacher of human potential in the world at the time, and he published his set of lessons in the Aberree first after working them out for years with other people. Almost everything else in the Aberree would be new to me, but I do know it was where quite a few people with knowledge were publishing their stuff, copyright free. There is really no index that I can find on the site, just listings of issues and page numbers, so it really is a mining expedition.

I have often wondered about the validity to claims within the higher levels of Scientology and would think that if they were certain there would have to be some evidence other than crazy couch jumping actors. If however there is something to it then it is a shame not to share it freely to enlighten and encourage humanity or at least offer coupons...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Well, if I had married a younger Katie Holmes I'd be wearing out a few couches myself.

I personally would keep away from the official Scientology organization unless you have mucho money to spend, they tend to be single tracked and that's good, on one level, because Hubbard correctly surmised that a new religion has to defend itself for decades against attacks and slanders. They go on the offense against those who criticize them, which is part of the defensive mode to keep their religion in one piece, and they do provide some very good training if you 1) have the cash, 2) can stay away from the heavy dogma and things like the Sea Org.

I can only vouch for some of Hubbard's books, which I've read, learned from, and enjoyed. And his tapes, when you get ones which don't go into the organizational tech and language, are full of data. But I suggest never getting on their address list, because years of weekly to daily mail follows, although some of it is quite interesting.

The Aberree magazine seems to be one of the ways for those who had either left the group or shied away from it in the '50s and '60s to communicate and share information, and a place to just play too, pre-internet - a social "site"as it were..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks for sharing. Looks interesting and I'll have to have a rummage to see what I can find. As for Scientology and some people thinking it's a good idea, I'd honestly think twice if I were you. I'm not against religion, but I can't call Scientology a religion. Not with the destroying of families they do. It's disgusting and here's a good video to watch that goes in length with the ruining of people they do who leave the church.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

No argument here, they are a pretty rough and tuff organization, god bless their shiny little heads (although they do have the right to label their data a religion, as anyone does, at least in America. Hip hip hurrah for the constitution). Enter at your own risk. I'd say the rewards are great if the path leads someone that way, but your pocketbook may be emptied and some old friends may fall by the wayside. Thanks for the vid. I must say in their defense that they claim that the people who attack them with books and videos have major crimes or moral crimes in their past, which they are afraid to look at and work through, and want to keep hidden, which may be close to the truth. Hubbard discovered and pioneered some really wonderful work, it's just that the Scientologists haven't done the best p.r. for their cause and there is a ton of anti-Scientology propaganda out there. It's a case of either buying into an entire thought and language structure (Hubbard more or less invented an English form of Sanskrit to define eastern terms which English didn't have words for, and used that language to create techniques and "audit" people). It's like anything else really, a large field of study which takes time and effort to understand and make good use of, although the organization has their own agenda and well-defined pathways to what they want you to "free yourself of" (one of the things they all have to free themselves of is Scientology itself at some point - i.e. many of the best ones tend to leave eventually).

As I said, I've never gone into one of their buildings, haven't taken their communication test that they use as an introductory gift/lure, and some of the scientologists I've spoken to are very nice while others (low level I'd assume) are cultlike in their persistence. I tried to talk to one once and all he kept doing was trying to rope me in to take the communication test. Very counter-productive pressure tactics from that fellow.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't believe they can call themselves a church. No more than Manson could call his cult a church. But that doesn't mean I hate Scientologists. I disagree with their church, but if you watch the video you realize that a lot of the people who believe in Scientology are good, honest people. There's an emerging group that wants the church as it is today to be reorganized so it can focus more on Hubbard's teachings and try to change the negative aspects of the church. I wish them well.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Auricom

Sorry, I don't believe they can call themselves a church. No more than Manson could call his cult a church. But that doesn't mean I hate Scientologists. I disagree with their church, but if you watch the video you realize that a lot of the people who believe in Scientology are good, honest people. There's an emerging group that wants the church as it is today to be reorganized so it can focus more on Hubbard's teachings and try to change the negative aspects of the church. I wish them well.

Wouldn't that be nice. But it is the next logical step. They've entrenched themselves and protected the barricades, and now maybe they can ease off and do what you mention. Crossing my fingers that they have people in high levels who want this to happen.

Next post, UFO's!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The page link in the OP does have a search function, and for those who enjoy UFO data, Ghost (not ghosts, have to type in Ghost), Psychic, and other keywords, the pages seem to have quite a few links. This file is on a UFO meeting, and those who know UFO history may find some nuggets and familiar names in there.

Again, a full page because this isn't copyrighted and it came in a file. Admins, please remove if against t & c's, hopefully they pass on being a pic and the non-copyright agreement the magazine was published under.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
"Flying saucer" could be typed in the website's search engine and some results come up - I used UFO yesterday and got plenty of results. "Alien" doesn't bring much except for earth-bound references.

If you are into astrology (I'm not, probably as a result of my rising sign sol - smiling out loud) it has plenty of articles.

I tried Tesla, Edgar Cayce, and others with some results. There are no references to many terms and names - Ted Serios for instance, and very little in way of predictions ("Eisenhower will be the last U.S. President, and he will stop the 1960 election" - fail). No full article on Crowley, very brief mentions only, nor any on Jack Parsons. The environment doesn't mean the same in the '50s as it does now.

So besides the Harold Schroeppel material, much of the value of the site is that it seems a good place to research some of the early history of scientology, including articles by people active in that early formation. The creator of the website also has anti-scientology websites, I haven't looked at those as yet but I'd assume they're pretty detailed. In searching scientology terms, Xenu doesn't appear (I think Xenu and the related metaphoric fairy tale came out of Hubbard's odd experiences with strong substances later in his life).

Well, go fishing for terms which may interest you, and let the thread know, if you would, if you catch a big one.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Chuck Beatty (former Sea Org member) wrote this, and I believe it is the best explanation so far that I have ever read:

"Scientology isn't open about Scientology's high volume exorcism solutions that Hubbard claims are superior to psych techniques and drugs, but the truth behind the scenes is Hubbard/Scientology alternative to handling humankind's ultimate problem, is past life trauma elimination and high volume exorcism of dead space alien souls that infest all humankind and leak their dead alien soul Xenu implanted false ideas into all our brains."

That is their core beliefs in a nutshell. If you wish to know more there are many sites with ex members and information:

www.tonyortega.org

www.forum.exscn.net...

Be forewarned, their recruitment techniques are very devious...the aforementioned personality test is rigged to find your particular "ruin" so they can sell you a "communication" course (which is in reality a beginner training course for becoming an auditor (amateur abreaction therapist/exorcist) ).

edit on 8-1-2014 by AutOmatIc because: list

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thank you for the link. I have this bookmarked for later reading. I have so many PDFs to catch up on at the moment, it may be next year before I get to this. LOL
But, always good to have info such as this tucked away for research, if needed.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Knowing much of that I wouldn't even take their starter test, not for me, thank you. I already had my teacher.

But I usually defend Hubbard from the Xenu thing and body aliens. This thread focuses on the "Aberree" which some active and former scientologists used as what we would call a blog, or threads, in the 1950s and early '60s. As I understand it Hubbard came up with the Xenu stuff in the mid- to or late '60s after ingesting certain bread mold extracts, and went loony tunes for awhile. The body thetans, or whatever label that's been put on that stuff, I see them as just running out particular smaller tensions and deep muscle energy pockets in the body, and that can be done in many different ways (rather than emptying your purse into scientology coffers).

Here's one that pops into my mind, and it's a good one. Imagine a good to medium size fine net, and pull it through your body and through areas outside your body, as far as you can imagine reaching it actually. Where it "sticks" and won't go through smoothly (and you'll know it when you feel it) zap the sticking point with "energy" (attention, light, or whatever you use) until that point dissolves and your imaginary net moves easily thru and past that point. You can keep this up for quite awhile, and find many sticking points of various sizes, and you'll want to dissolve those if you are doing this technique in earnest. I think this may work out the same things that are being called body thetans.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

sled735

Thank you for the link. I have this bookmarked for later reading. I have so many PDFs to catch up on at the moment, it may be next year before I get to this. LOL
But, always good to have info such as this tucked away for research, if needed.

Understood, and at ATS alone I have hundreds of threads in subscription that I'd like to read further. Some of the better ones are hundreds of posts long if not more. A horn of plenty!

I don't know the people at the UFO forum, so if you or someone knows anyone who may have an interest in researching the pages of "Aberree" to see if there is any UFO/Flying Saucer articles or items which are "new to the literature", please pass the link along to the post above which includes the article on UFO's. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here is one of the walls of text when I put "Yoga" into the search engine on the Aberree site. For those who take the time to read this wall it contains some pretty good data. Mining the site for consciousness gold may not be a bad use of a few hours.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting information . I wasn't aware of what scientology was about, or Hubbard's views before tonight.

I googled 'Lord Xenu' and there are lots of sites listed, if anybody cares to check them out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join