It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology and Human Control/Ownership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have a theory that technology is not always for the better. I believe that in the future, as individual human beings we will be owned.

Video cameras - Watch our every move and action we take. They are embedded everywhere.

Embedded microchips - These will track us down easily

ID cards - Not just the simple name and address, everything about us will be stored on them. The capacity of memory is just sizing down so much.

Control of human organs - A small device that will stop our heart anytime we want to (this idea sounds silly but who said it isnt going to be impossible)

Lie detectors - The truth is unrevealed with manipulated lie detectors or complete truth (we all lie)

Human spy robots - Who knows, we might invent robots that look exactly like a human cloned that are specifically designed to perform a task

Food control - Who knows what we have eaten

Education - Ok, no technology involved, but who says we arent flooded with false information

Microwave weapons - You know they exist and can control a crowd

Human mind readers - Im sure theyve discovered how the brain language works

Think of anymore? Am i being paranoid? lol

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Imagine a trial.

The accusation lawyer doesn't know all the facts.

The defense lawyer usually knows a lot more, about the truth of the facts.

Suppose the defense lawyer is knowingly defending a criminal.

This happens all the time. But how can it be?

It can be, in the same way that 500 years ago very few people were aware that using torture to obtain confessions was not a correct procedure.

Perhaps in 500 years from now a defense lawyer will not knowingly defend a criminal.

How?

Today an asymetry of knowledge among two parties is accepted without question, because that's how it has always been.

But once tracking devices are available and widely implanted at birth, they will provide a collective memory that will make asymetrical knowledge a thing of the past.

Some mindsets don't accept these possibilities because a lot of their fears revolve around notions of control (who controls what, whom).

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
also to add to my technology list:

super hearing device: lets you hear anyone say something anywhere

join