It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sincere apology to all Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

Ive just been going through some of my recent posts after a few days of introspection.

Its occurred to me I come across as quite rude and arrogant in a lot of my posts especially where America and Religion are concerned.

With America, Yes I do hate America, Not the landmass, Not the people, just America.
I hate what America has come to represent, from its original founding as a place of tolerance and freedom it has become a self centered, bigoted, self righteous place of intolerance. Whether some Americans are willing to admit it or not (and I know many of you are willing to admit it) America and its policies are the cause of most of the worlds current problems.
What really pisses me off though are those of you who still bash the drum of America being the greatest place on Earth that can do no wrong. It really sets me off.
Patriotism is not a bad thing but blind patriotism is sick and only emboldens those who are keeping you down and taking away your freedoms
I can understand how it happens though, even outside of the US we are constantly bombarded with your propaganda, I can only imagine what it must be like inside the US.

Im aware that those who are the most critical of America are Americans themselves, they are aware of what is being done in their name and are disgusted, I appreciate as an outsider it can come across as a lot more biting than when hearing it from an insider but I feel compelled to voice my 2 cents. Also something I have realised about myself, maybe I dont need to comment on everything I have an opinion on as it at the end of the day does no one anygood and in fact probably just pisses people off but I find it hard to stop myself from posting.
In person Im am one of the most diplomatic people I know but the anonymity of this medium emboldens me and takes away my politeness filter.

I dont hate Americans and in fact I sympathise with you, other than the people who are bombed or sanctioned in the name of "protecting your freedoms" you guys are bearing the brunt of your governments (or corporations) decisions and to me its merely news stories or posts on this site so really I shouldnt even care, yet I do.

So this is a blanket apology to all Yanks I have offended in the past and will most likely continue to offend going forward, please dont take it personally as it isnt you I have the issue with.
Most of my favourite members of this site are Yanks and all of you are cool (OK maybe 90% are cool) in my book.

So to all Americans, SINCERE APOLOGIES (Insert chastised and apologetic smiley)

Apology to religious types coming soon to a thread near you

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You know what?

At the end of the day, all we can hope for is some quiet time with family or a pet or a cold drink, a roof over our head, a nice meal and a good nights sleep.

Everything else is just a distraction.

I do enjoy your posts. As you Aussies say, "No worries, mate!"

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

beezzer

You know what?

At the end of the day, all we can hope for is some quiet time with family or a pet or a cold drink, a roof over our head, a nice meal and a good nights sleep.

Everything else is just a distraction.

I do enjoy your posts. As you Aussies say, "No worries, mate!"

DAMMIT!!!!!

Why didnt I include that in my OP!!!!

At the end of the day no matter where your from or what religion/political system you subscribe to, we are all just people and we want the same things, to be able to do something productive and meaningful to make a living, to be happy and healthy and give our children a better life than we had.

Trust a fricken yank to point out my threads short comings

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You are not forgiven.

I imagine there are millions more like you on the planet... including myself and many of my fellow Americans. Tons of us are sick of what is going on. We are tired of being pissed on while being told it's raining. Truly. Many of us are disgusted at what is happening here and abroad, and many of us are TOO aware that the rest of the world doesn't hate us because we are free. The rest of the world hates us because we put ourselves in everyone's business while acting like we don't have enough to concern ourselves with here. We seem to want to dictate how the rest of the world should act/operate when the same corrupt system completely fails here.

It is not our "perceived" freedoms they hate. It is what we have become that they hate.

I always hope that those in other parts of the world are aware that not all Americans are like the politicians they see on tv, and they understand that decisions are made by our leaders that we do not always support.

Blind loyalty is never a good thing. Those who practice it, deserve to be deceived by it. When we can't see faults that are clearly there.... we need to take a step back and get a new perspective.

edit on 1/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

USAUSAUSA!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Americaluminati is how I call it. Not because I insult them, it's because the people have stood by and let there country become this:

Mario Savio to me says the best speech ever addressed to Americans:

There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!

We are one, we are all, and we should all be united together in arms!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

beezzer

USAUSAUSA!

And this is why we need the Barf Smiley

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You called me obtuse today for understanding things my own way, its ok have a cookie

I'm not even American

edit on 7-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
No worries, I got so sick and tired of what it became that I left. Been back only twice to visit friends and thank God I don't live there anymore. It is indescribable what the place has become. The hypocrisy and propaganda is so thick you could cut it with a knife. I could go into a rant about it but it simply would do no good. So cheers for now!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Indigent
You called me obtuse today for understanding things my own way, its ok have a cookie

I'm not even American

edit on 7-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Your not American, then no apology for you!!!
Ill take the cookie though

Apologies for any offence, Im not as much of a prick as I probably seem, Im sure wed get along famously in person

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Your apology is accepted, not needed but accepted. Being American aint what it used to be. It used to be the world looked at us like we were the savior's of the planet. Now the world looks at us like a Bully in the 2nd grade. It is our own fault, we voted the dumb arse's in and have'nt the brain power to vote them out. Hi-jacked is what we have become. I know I & you will probally piss some folks off in the future. Better to be pissed off than pissed on, I always say. Stand by your native land. Stand by your fellow countrymen, but tell our Governments to go fornicate themselves. Recentley I found out that in Australia you guys pay $27 dollars for a pack of cigarettes...Damn that's harsh. Have agreat day, and a great year.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've been to the USA several times, mainly the southern states (stayed in Georgia for three months) and found the actual people in the US to be very friendly and I'm always asked to talk as they love a British Accent, and just like the OP whilst I love the people, movies and TV sitcoms etc that come from the US, your Government or better still the "Shadow Government" has led to your Country being despised by most of the world which is a shame.

Think its time for another revolution in the states and for the people to take their country back from these overlords.

Corporations run the US now not your elected officials! pretty much is the same in the UK, whatever happens in the US normally happens in the UK within a decade!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
Recentley I found out that in Australia you guys pay $27 dollars for a pack of cigarettes...Damn that's harsh. Have agreat day, and a great year.

Im an Aussie but am currently Based in SE Asia, I pay 70 cents a pack

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Bash away. This isn't my country. Not sure if it ever was, but it sure used to feel like it.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here's the thing I don't get. You like to bash us and our government, but then you turn around and tell us how horrible we are for not having even more big government run programs like socialized medicine. That doesn't make much sense. If you want us to get rid of our government, the last thing you should want if for us to have programs that make us even more dependent on our American PTB staying power. Once we become dependent on them even more than many already are, we are less likely to get rid of them.

Think about it. Which politician are you going to vote for: the one who promises to protect the government program you consider essential or the one whom you perceive to be threatening it?

And I guarantee you that the ones in power now will be the ones promising even more government cheese to the masses. It's how they got in power in the first place.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

ketsuko
Here's the thing I don't get. You like to bash us and our government, but then you turn around and tell us how horrible we are for not having even more big government run programs like socialized medicine. That doesn't make much sense. If you want us to get rid of our government, the last thing you should want if for us to have programs that make us even more dependent on our American PTB staying power. Once we become dependent on them even more than many already are, we are less likely to get rid of them.

Think about it. Which politician are you going to vote for: the one who promises to protect the government program you consider essential or the one whom you perceive to be threatening it?

And I guarantee you that the ones in power now will be the ones promising even more government cheese to the masses. It's how they got in power in the first place.

Hmmmmm.......

interesting point

I guess I want you to get rid of the government that doesnt have your or anyones else except there own interests at heart.
If a tiny portion of the money your gov spent on unnecessary military adventures was spent on universal healthcare the problem would be solved.
If another tiny portion was spent on free education another massive problem would be solved.

Im not an anarchist, far from it but I think anyone with common sense can see your gov no longer has the best interests of its citizens in mind when it makes its policies and decisions.

Healthcare, education, public transport and other essential services are things I think should be the domain of the gov and these things should not be run for profit.
The trick I guess is getting this to be a reality instead of a pipedream

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

ketsuko
Here's the thing I don't get. You like to bash us and our government, but then you turn around and tell us how horrible we are for not having even more big government run programs like socialized medicine.

That's not been mentioned or said in this thread

Second thread in a space of ten minutes whereby I have seen you write something that was not even part of the thread, do you read the OP and then respond or just make up your mind after reading the title?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hey now, Canada and Mexico have their problems but let's not bash all of America.,,,Or were you talking about S. America?
Ok Ok I'm joking! Stop throwing things!
I see where you're coming from and somewhat agree, but it seems our corporations/lawmakers are the big problem, especially the kind that hold 2 nationalities/serve 2 masters...
I miss being the good guy, sure wish corporations were not people.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Strictly in my opinion. My fellow Americans and I have a psychological syndrome that has carried over from religion in general. "Persecution syndrome". Basically, it boils down to solidifying beliefs, and fostering artificial solidarity by persecution.

As an example, Bush did this by using 911 as a catalyst to bring about solidarity through patriotism. The "terrorists" hate Americans because "insert myriad of reasons here". Display your flag proudly, and come together as patriots of our "great nation".

It works well with political ideologies, but especially well with religious belief systems. Persecute someones faith, and their faith will grow exponentially. This is why preachers use this tactic from the pulpits. It works.

BTW. "No worries, mate."
edit on 1/7/2014 by Klassified because: btw

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Is not our problem in this country really that we don't have a constitutional amendment stating that the congress and senate can only have 2 terms then must leave?And that there will be no "funds" of anytype to any of them during or after they're service to the American people.They're salary is just compensation period.And can we not take it one step further and have a general pool for all those in the race ,must use that pool only for they're campaigns?If anyone has any other suggestions on how we can make this better,I'm all ears at this point.Are we past the point of no return? Or is there still hope for us?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join