It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% of Illegals Fail Written Driving Test in Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
75% of Illegals Fail Written Driving Test in Nevada

Nevada passed a law last year to allow illegal immigrants to get a Legal Driving “Privilege” license.

It seems a few hundred actually applied and around 3/4 failed the written test.

Reports say the DMV offices were jammed.

Rumor has it that many think this will make it easier to get legal status !! (my info - not in the story)

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles officials have advice for immigrants seeking a driver authorization card: study.

They estimate 75 percent of applicants have failed the written test needed for the card under a new law that made the state the 11th nationally to offer driving privileges to people in the country illegally. The cards became available Thursday.

Applicants must correctly answer 80 percent of 50 questions to pass the test. They also are required to pass a driving exam to receive cards. The failure rate on the driving test was not immediately available.

CBS Las Vegas Story

..maybe she can help

edit on Jan-07-2014 by xuenchen because:
:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Im in Vegas- and let me tell you- going into the DMV these days is like walking into a different country.

I HATE going to the DMV more so than I ever have before.

Sad part is- LEGAL residents have to wait in line behind all of the illegal residents.

This city has a lot of hit n runs when it comes to illegals. but they dont run with their vehicles- they run away from their vehicles ON FOOT most of the times- because they arent legit in the first place.

Who suffers? Take a guess.

Sad state of affairs- really sad.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm like Common Good.... walk into a Virginia DMV and it is seriously like walking into a foreign country. The North Carolina DMV is 1,000 times worse. They flock to the states that have the most laid back need to see documentation of a home address, and birth records. A lot of them do their homework very well in that area and skate through easier than I would if I were missing my birth certificate or proof of residence.

Living in the US, I now have to press a number when I call a business to hear my options in English. It's the US, I figure it should be in English to begin with, with an added option of another language if needed. That's a crazy, radical idea though it seems.

I guess now we can put 10 different languages on all the street signs, so that anybody who comes to America and wants to be an American doesn't have to bother learning the language most Americans speak.

It's crazy for ANY country to let ANYBODY drive on their roads if they can't read the road signs.
edit on 1/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Scary as hell aint it; driving on the road with people who cant read the signs?

They drive really slow- jam traffic- pack as many people into a vehicle as they can- and guess what-

The police dont do a damn thing about it.

its not right at all if you ask me.

But to many- thats just racist thinking right? Not like I havent heard that response 1 million times.

Dont disprove my theory- just call me names; regardless of the make-up of my family and friends.

RACIST.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Scary indeed. There are already tons of folks out there driving who don't need to be, we don't really need to add to it.

What you said about the "racist" part... You're dead on. I am not sure when voicing displeasure about the actions of somebody meant that you hated their entire race. It's a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card it seems and it is played too often IMO. Anytime someone wants to avoid a sensitive subject, they throw the race/religion card down to shut the whole issue down.

My family were immigrants. I have the greatest respect for folks who come over for the "American Dream" legally. I can respect the fact that it may be difficult to attain legal status and that ANYBODY would want a better life for their family/children... I just don't respect it being done illegally and stuff like this seems to be almost "condoned" by the government. This is a serious situation that appears to be mostly ignored (at least here it does).

If an illegal immigrant kills someone in a car accident, they face deportation and not much else and that isn't right.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Common Good
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Scary as hell aint it; driving on the road with people who cant read the signs?

They drive really slow- jam traffic- pack as many people into a vehicle as they can- and guess what-

The police dont do a damn thing about it.

its not right at all if you ask me.

But to many- thats just racist thinking right? Not like I havent heard that response 1 million times.

Dont disprove my theory- just call me names; regardless of the make-up of my family and friends.

RACIST.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

That's because if they DO do something about it, they are told they are racist, profiling, and unnecessarily harassing. It happened in AZ and all kinds of people made a huge deal about it saying it was racial. It's racial to target and charge criminals?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The fact that they failed the tests isn't surprising
-No speak english-

What's surprising is how eager our leaders are to cater to illegals --excuse me, 'undocumented' PC-- and allow them rights that they have yet to earn

Where as American citizens have to show 3 or 4 documents of proof of birth/address/ rent receipts -- while these iilegals have nothing to worry about except passing a test
And no, they still won't get insurance for their vehicle.....if forced to, they'll only get liability and let it expire after 6 months

This is really messed up

edit on 7-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

This city has a lot of hit n runs when it comes to illegals. but they dont run with their vehicles- they run away from their vehicles ON FOOT most of the times- because they arent legit in the first place.

Tell us the truth, did you cheat on your written test?

ETA -, and -
edit on 0720140120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

haha.

No. I dont need to cheat. Im chocked full of awesome.

...and even if I did...I am an American- I have the right to cheat if need be. (just dont cheat off the illegal next to you)- heads up.

heh.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

what does failing a written driving test have to do with being a good or bad driver ?

you don't need to be able to read to understand road / street signs .

i have lived and driven all over europe Germany , Holland , Belgium , Italy , Spain and France .
And the only language that i can speak other than my native English is German , i had no problem understanding the road signs

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This makes me wonder.

If you fail a written drivers test. How will you do on the road test.

I would like information regarding the language options of these tests. I can understand if people have difficult reading English if they are from a foreign country. However if these tests are offered multilingual and they are still failing, does that raise alarms to anyone about illegal immigrants illegally driving uninsured in cars.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
To be fair this issue isn't just linked with illegal immigrants, what about those dam pesky tourists like me, who can hire a car at any airport and drive around without any clue as to the rights and wrongs of driving in your Country.

I did a road trip some 20 years ago and I can only apologise for the carnage I caused along the way.
All the more confusing seeing as you drive on the wrong side of the road.

At least you don't have roundabouts.

We have the same problem over here in the UK regarding the issue but there's not much can be done unless you want to ban international driving licences.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Maybe Nevada can follow Arizona footsteps.

"Actung Amigo, show me your papers!".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Or how about the case in Minnesota where there was a girl hit. She was a legal immigrant from Ethiopia, honor student. She was killed. The guy who hit her? Illegal immigrant, driving illegally, and had multiple legal violations on his record. What was he even still doing in the country? It's not like they hadn't caught him before.

But hey, if you do things legally in this country, I guess you're just a sucker with no privileges except for the right to pay through the nose in taxes so that everyone else can run roughshod over you.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me... You know what wouldn't surprise me either? Give ANY average class of college kids a standard drivers exam, cold, with no study time? See if you get much over a 50% pass rate. (sigh)

it's become one of my biggest pet peeves and perhaps because I am surrounded by universities to see the total lack of intelligence and basic common sense in operating thousands of pounds of vehicle.

We lost all concern or care for the 10's of thousands killed every year in accidents, the moment Drivers Ed in school became a full elective ..and then, eliminated entirely as being "unnecessary". I wonder how many funerals for kids prove the necessity of what was once a standard part of growing up and becoming an adult. Taking CLASSES...on how to drive safely.

....now we don't even need them to be fluent in English, apparently (who really NEEDS to know what those pesky signs say, anyway??) and when they fail en masse? Hell..the solution isn't to educate anyone. It's to dumb down the test so even that lack of knowledge can "pass it".

God help those who are hit by the reckless drivers these do gooder programs put on the road with "legal" status. I was already in enough danger from my fellow citizens.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

brojose
This makes me wonder.

If you fail a written drivers test. How will you do on the road test.

I would like information regarding the language options of these tests. I can understand if people have difficult reading English if they are from a foreign country. However if these tests are offered multilingual and they are still failing, does that raise alarms to anyone about illegal immigrants illegally driving uninsured in cars.

The written test in Nevada is English and Spanish, so are the books.

Knowledge (Written) Test

The Nevada knowledge test for a Class C, non-commercial license consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. 80 percent or better is a passing score.

Knowledge tests are available on touch-screen computers in English and Spanish. The system also offers audio-based tests.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, but we don't want to be mean ...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

(facepalm)

Well... If we ever had any doubt whatsoever that this is strictly about catering to ONE ETHNIC GROUP then the split language forms remove it for me. Of all places, Nevada is one likely to see a mix of illegals...as they really do come from all over the world and not just Mexico.

I guess I'm a little stunned over the Spanish version in the first place. Most of my life in trucking has left me with the impression all licenses were English fluency required. CDL's were, when last I was driving and up on the precise requirements for new people.

I think we have an educational disconnect here. As if politicians didn't attend school as we did or get a BASIC education as we all did. See... I've been all over the country with this in trucking and outside some VERY VERY narrow exceptions? 100% of EVERYTHING is in English. Not Spanish.

The idea they are even allowed to drive without base level english fluency is idiotic to extremes ...and I hope, someday, some family sues the fools who allowed this, directly and personally, for their role in passing the laws that made the highway deaths possible. The other driver may not have even been capable of reading what would avoid an accident.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I am so sick and tired of these ILLEGAL people getting FREE health care, and just breaking the laws with no real repercussions. First and foremost they do NOT belong here. They have not passed the immigration test, like learning our constitution, and some BASIC English. Nope they come in here and just make themselves right at home, and allot of them disrespect Legit Americans.

I have neighbors that just moved in across the street, the husband is legal and the wife is not. The husband speaks some English and the Wife NOT A LICK, and they speak Spanish only to their two young children around 3 and 5 years of age. What the hell is wrong with that picture????

Why is it that I walk into a county Hospital like Olive View in Sylmar, CA and it is OVERRUN with ILLEGAL people getting FREE HEALTHCARE at legit tax payers expense?

Why are we now letting these people who should be DEPORTED have right as if they belong here. I say if you are Illegal, go back to your country and FILE FOR US CITIZENSHIP and do it the way my great grandparents did!

This has NOTHING to do with being racist, it is about the LAW.

Also it is no wonder they fail the Drivers Test, allot of them can not speak English, let alone read it.

edit on 7-1-2014 by kurthall because: added

edit on 7-1-2014 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brojose

road signs are illustrative , in other words you don't need to be able to read to understand them .

these road signs are designed that way just for that reason

the only important thing is they must be able to pass the road test , i have known two people that could not read or write and please believe me when i say there was nothing wrong with their driving .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join