It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLU 2014 -symptoms and stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Please list your symptoms here, tell your story. Please include an idea of your current age and health condition prior to illness

Me first. (Sorry mod, it took me a whole hour to realize all the threads on h1n1 were from 2009. Please allow this thread to stay in this location tho it's redundant)

I have just recovered from the worst flu I've ever had in my life. Let me tell you some interesting things about my sickness...

I was exposed at a few different social events this last holiday. A week ago, I spent time with some one who "felt a little sick". She explained she got it from a Collage party. Neither one of us was truly sick yet.

me her, and her roommate got "the flu" on the same day.

We are all 30 something's and not obese, and very active physically.

My symptoms
*High fever/ cold sweats ( more intense than regular " I'm in bed for three days then fine" flu)
*Rapid heartbeat and anxiety. My breathing WAS affected, I chose to breathe slowly despite this and could sort of regulate my blood pressure.
*Very sore joints. Every single joint, especially the knees, hips, shoulder rotators, and fingers felt like i needed oil, like the Tin Man.
*Every major muscle, especially quads, forearms, back, was intensely SORE, but also incredibly RESTLESS. I kept getting the feeling that I wasent in control of my nervous system. I was up for one whole nite, took three steaming hot baths to sooth my anxious nerves. It works for a while, but needs to be repeated for relief.
*my muscles felt like I could run a five k marathon. But I could barely move in bed.
*i puked every bit of solid and liquid for a six hour period.
*My already problematic Carpal Tunnel like problem was increased to complete loss of my hands ( both) they just relax into claws.
*Kidney pain.

Her symptoms
* all of the above plus,
*explosive diarrhea
*Migraine

I have not had a flu shot since 1982.
I have not had any shot since then.

I live in Oregon and the case about the boy who died on Chrismas developed flu symptoms shortly after getting the nasal delivered vaccine. He basicly had his windpipe close down at home after the doctors said he could go home now.

And I believe what we were experiencing was a version of this "aerosol" vaccine.

So far, no relapses. It's been one day since I've been running hot.

I hope this helps people get a grasp on how were all in this together.

Remember what yer Grammy said:" don't share glasses and wash your hands!" How we regress...
edit on 7-1-2014 by rainbowbear because: I haven't used ats in a year

edit on 7-1-2014 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

I haven't had the flu since I was seven, I am nearing thirty now.

However, I hear it's bad.

I avoid flu shots, daycare centers, and carbohydrates of any variety.

I also know that in the hospital a family member got admitted to recently, 20 out of 27 people were in ICU due to the flu.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I am really glad you have not got sick, I really mean it. I thought I was going to die. And I have to be bleeding from the eyes to go to a hospital. I'm REALLY CONCERNED for people who are already sick with an already existing condition. I wouldn't wish it on anyone....

But this thread is for people to list their symptoms of FLU based on beginning of this year. If we keep it neat and tidy, we might get this sucker or suckers on the run.

Because you know ain't no Govt or NGO on the Planet can be trusted to provide the nesesary info people need to thrive during these times.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well over here in San Diego California, Haven't had a Flu shot for the last 10 years.

I developed a sinus infection that literally appeared over night a day or two before new years with absolutely no other symptoms, just Nasal and chest congestion with a very deep phlegm filled cough, Then January 3rd the Flu symptoms appeared in full force again literally over night, Body aches joint pain, no appetite, High temperature, this Flu is absolutely not abnormal, the symptom periods were to clean.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I had a bad flu one year. This was in 2005. I couldn't stop shivering. I had the heat turned on full blast so the house was like plus 30c. (about 90f) I was drinking hot tea, I had my entire snow suite on, many layers of socks, curled up under like 5 quilts trying to warm up but I just couldn't, it was awful. Then eventually hours later that broke, and then I started to sweat huge. And then it got better and better. But awhhh man I was on the brink of death or something. It was scary. But as for stuff like the flu shot, I'd NEVER TAKE THAT. If anything that will make you sick and or you get anaphalactic shock and die as you get it or shortly after. But oddly enough I don't get sick anymore. If I get a cold it lasts a day, same with the flu, it lasts a day nows. Thats' it. I just never get sick. I think because my immune system has grown so strong dealing with a lot of sickness in my 20's. I haven't gotten majorly sick in like 5 years or more now. It's great.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have never had a flu shot. The last time I was really sick was 2007 and I don't think it was the flu. Before that I can't remember having the flu in my adult life (I'm 40). I have had a few colds but never bad ones before or after that one spell in 2007.

Last year my mother got her annual flu shot and had a stroke a couple of weeks later. While she was recovering from the stroke in the hospital she suddenly came down with the shingles for the first time in her life. This was right in the middle of that patch of commercials about shingles that were on TV every five minutes.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
No flu shot in a decade, no flue in a decade, for me.

However, wife's co-workers are all required to get the flu shot, as is she, she refused due to severe allergy to the flu.

All of the wife's co-workers have bad respiratory illness, and most are out sick for a week or so on a recurring basis. Runny noses, coughing, aches, etc. (She has to wear an n95 mask or better since she did not get the shot).

She works at a hospital.

I do hope all of you get better, remain well. If you lived close by, I'd make you chicken noodle soup, from scratch. NY Times

-Cyg

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This thread needs to be bumped we need more corroboration.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I too just got over the worst illness I can remember having. It's 15 days now and I am still not completely well. I only found out what it was because yesterday my son, who had started feeling bad the night before, had a high fever all day (despite meds) and ended up having a seizure. He's 12, not a toddler, which is more typical for febrile seizures.

They did the nasal swab, strep test, blood draws, urinalysis ... and he came back positive for flu A H1N1. In the ER, he got Tylenol and Motrin, and his fever was still close to 103, so they stripped him down and put wrapped ice packs under his armpits and on his groin. He was prescribed Tamiflu, but it makes him vomit up the medication to reduce the fever.

We rarely get sick, so this really took me by surprise. I got my first flu shot in November---doubt I will ever do that again. My son has never had a flu shot. We are all in good overall health.

My worst symptom, aside from the general magnified crappiness of the flu, has been the extremely thick chest mucus. Even now, I can barely cough it out even with Robitussin. I can see how it could turn into pneumonia in at-risk populations.

I had never witnessed a febrile seizure, so it was pretty scary. He was saying the craziest things before it happened, and he doesn't remember a thing.

top topics

join