It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not BRAVE, This is STUPID!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
NFL: Temperatures plummet in Green Bay as San Francisco 49ers beat Packers

American football players and fans alike braved bone-chilling conditions in Green Bay Sunday during one of the coldest games in National Football League (NFL) history. The temperature at the Green Bay Packers' Lambeau Field in Wisconsin was measured at four degrees Fahrenheit, with wind chill causing the mercury to dip as low as minus 14 during the visit of the San Francisco 49ers. An arctic front pushing through the Midwest, which has become known as a "polar vortex," was the reason for the frigid conditions, with players donning long sleeves and balaclavas beneath their helmets in a bid to keep warm during the seventh coldest game the league has ever seen.

I can think of many better examples of BRAVERY than going to a stupid sporting event in the freezing cold, can't you?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

In Soviet Russia, this called "marathon weather"…

www.runnersworld.com...

edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

...than going to a stupid sporting event in the freezing cold, can't you?

Why are they there? If you have to ask that question you will never understand the answer. They're having fun - let it go

edit on 6-1-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Sentences from "Your dictionary.com"

•Braved the cold in just their pjamas.

•Braved the rain to watch two teams of six pairs fight it out for the hotly contested title.

•Braved erratic weather to watch rock legends The Who on the final day of the T in the Park festival.

•Braved the rain to watch two teams of six pairs fight it out for the hotly contested title.

7. to confront with resolution or courage: to brave the storm.

In this case, to "brave" the weather is correct usage of the word.

freedictionary
yourdictionary sentences

CJ

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

boncho

In Soviet Russia, this called "marathon weather"…

www.runnersworld.com...

edit on 6-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Here is some clear thinking:

"I [heard] about other marathons around the globe, naming themselves 'the coldest', like the most recent North Pole marathon with runners going at -28C [-18 Fahrenheit]," Fyodorov told the Siberian Times. "I thought surely this cannot be right. Our Oymyakon is the coldest inhabited place in northern hemisphere. Why don't we arrange a marathon here?"

Yeah, why not? Zany Russians...

CJ

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Simple answer: If you don't like it, don't do it. Intolerance is unbecoming.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't care for football but...

Does this really bother you? Like really?

I'm sure they had coats and will be fine.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Not sure if you are in America or not. But here in America, "brave the elements" is a phrase that is used frequently, to the point of it being a cliche'.

But if you aren't an American football fan, I understand you not getting it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
I can think of many better examples of BRAVERY than going to a stupid sporting event in the freezing cold, can't you?

How about going to a Justin Bieber concert in 4 degree weather? I'll bet nobody on ATS is that brave.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Where my Canucks?

I don't know about y'all, but I've done much less productive stuff in much colder weather than that. Sporting at such a balmy temperature sounds lovely.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

VictorVonDoom

soulpowertothendegree

How about going to a Justin Bieber concert in 4 degree weather? I'll bet nobody on ATS is that brave.

You..... you really went there?

I'd not be caught dead at a bieber concert EVER... Would rather go see Miley! ehehe..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The one thing I will never understand about humanity is football and golf.

These two "Sports" are incredibly mundane and the level of intellect behind them just doesn't make it entertaining for me. I understand that people have different views, and I suppose if I was playing football that would be different.

Anywho, those fans are indeed brave. I wouldn't say stupid. I view stupidity not only as lack of intelligence, but apathy towards yourself and others. If they really wanted to be there and they enjoyed, better to find pleasure in something then to not find it at all.

top topics

join