It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A proposed technical means of generating UFO-type liminal experiences.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

BlueMule

1ofthe9
No Adamski saucers unfortunately.

That being said, I've got some ideas on refining the binaural approach. It was a certainly interesting experience - after a few minutes the tones seemed to merge...and disruptions to the binaurals by passing cars was really apparent. The generator I was using on my phone wasn't very accurate in its frequency range (I used 7hz), and an urban area with powerlines/wifi/etc might not work as great as say...rural Saskatchewan or something.

I'll see if I can figure out how to rig up a crude faraday cage, or something. That might help. Damn shame there isn't a software solution to brain monitoring stuff like EEG. That would be even more useful...

Do you have a negative ion generator

Unfortunately no. I wasn't aware that they could be useful for exploring liminal states. Have you made use of them?

Also name-wise I like it, although LiminalTek would sound more Silicon Valley. Its just gonna remain a side interest for the foreseeable future.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Bedlam

mbkennel

However, consider this hypothetical: "warp drive" is real, or more concretely there exist physical devices which influence anomalous and profound influences on spacetime and electromagnetic fields.

Combine with the known effects of electromagnetic fields on brains (and the unknown effects of spacetime warp or new physics on brains) to induce unusual states.

Not only could some sort of exotic drive technology put out EM, you could get even more odd things like time rate gradients, or areas around the drive with altered permeability or permittivity, causing all sorts of oddball prop rate problems with neural signals. A sharp enough gradient could cause signal rates to propagate faster on one side of your head than the other, it might not take a lot of fiddling around with that to cause mental disturbances.

Not only that, you could also disturb electronics. And it would cause that ripply distortion around the thing that looks like heat waves off pavement. Or at higher amplitudes, you could get mirage effects that might make it look like it was changing reflectivity, shape or color depending on the angle you viewed it at. Might even glow, who knows what it looks like if you were emitting, say, IR from waste heat inside a bubble of artificially increased C, when it crossed the field boundary it would shift up in frequency, might even be visible.

That would fit what at least some of the sightings have reported. Thing is, I think there might be two things at work here. The weird space-time distortion stuff - and what comes through from the other side. The latter case might have the 'neighbors' unearthing a functioning wormhole left behind by some long-gone Highly Advanced Aliens and chucking stuff through it. They could be closer, or even less developed in technological capability then we are.

Naturally occurring wormholes would lead to some very interesting possibilities about the development of life. It would certainly explain why people have seen apparently hominid aliens showing up. On a completely random related tangent - has anyone ever compared the facial structure of the Hill aliens to hominid fossils? There might be something interesting there...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Bedlam

mbkennel

However, consider this hypothetical: "warp drive" is real, or more concretely there exist physical devices which influence anomalous and profound influences on spacetime and electromagnetic fields.

Combine with the known effects of electromagnetic fields on brains (and the unknown effects of spacetime warp or new physics on brains) to induce unusual states.

Not only could some sort of exotic drive technology put out EM, you could get even more odd things like time rate gradients, or areas around the drive with altered permeability or permittivity, causing all sorts of oddball prop rate problems with neural signals. A sharp enough gradient could cause signal rates to propagate faster on one side of your head than the other, it might not take a lot of fiddling around with that to cause mental disturbances.

Entirely hypothetically would you have more or less of a head-case type of problem depending on the dot product of the orientation of your cortex and central fissure vs gradient of something?

So, hypothetically, would a grounded tin-foil hat actually work against "unwanted influences"? ? What about that and some high-permeability mu-metal?

Are there classical macroscopic fields not fully described by the conventional unification of Einstein + Maxwell?
edit on 10-1-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Bedlam

Not only that, you could also disturb electronics. And it would cause that ripply distortion around the thing that looks like heat waves off pavement. Or at higher amplitudes, you could get mirage effects that might make it look like it was changing reflectivity, shape or color depending on the angle you viewed it at. Might even glow, who knows what it looks like if you were emitting, say, IR from waste heat inside a bubble of artificially increased C, when it crossed the field boundary it would shift up in frequency, might even be visible.

Is a gravitational blue-shift of a Maxwellian black body emission also a Maxwellian black body emission distribution?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

mbkennel

Entirely hypothetically would you have more or less of a head-case type of problem depending on the dot product of the orientation of your cortex and central fissure vs gradient of something?

Is there a direction that has longer axons?

So, hypothetically, would a grounded tin-foil hat actually work against "unwanted influences"? ? What about that and some high-permeability mu-metal?

Nope. Tin foil hats don't work at all. Worse, you get enough of a time rate gradient, you get really weird and screwy mechanical stresses.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

mbkennel

Is a gravitational blue-shift of a Maxwellian black body emission also a Maxwellian black body emission distribution?

It's turtles all the way down.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Bedlam

Huh, sounds kinda like the philly experiment.

All it needs is the right angle for the fog to be green...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I'd like to know your thoughts regarding an event, shared by my brother, our friend and me. Two fiery, orange-yellow ships, undulating with outrageous bands of energy, cruised silently 100-150 feet over us. We quickly went into ruling out what these things were, and that was an astonishingly easy thing to do, given the close proximity and the unimaginable appearance of them. We followed their progress for 6-7 minutes until they dropped below the horizon. We returned to where this began, and a 3rd ship, identical in every way, made its way over us. Now we had an opportunity to perfectly revisit what we had just been through. It followed the same path as the two before it, and it passed beyond the horizon. Here's an aspect that confounds the three of us: this occurred in a densely populated suburban area on the first warm night of spring. As this was happening, we were three of us all incredulous, wondering why people weren't pouring into the street, where we were gaping in total awe at an outrageous spectacle. An hour later, I went to a convenience store ( 2 minutes drive) to tell anyone there what we saw and learn of others who had had the same sighting. No one saw them. What's more, a friend's son is a policeman in the town, and he followed up on that issue. He came up empty. We've had our conclusions: we saw them because they let us - and only us - or, we saw them because there was a very small breach in whatever that would keep them otherwise fully undetectable. I'm sure now that you can appreciate this one aspect as it stands in relation to the event. And I would appreciate your thoughts on this, because our experience would seem to be a great springboard for you.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Reddaysun
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I'd like to know your thoughts regarding an event, shared by my brother, our friend and me. Two fiery, orange-yellow ships, undulating with outrageous bands of energy, cruised silently 100-150 feet over us. We quickly went into ruling out what these things were, and that was an astonishingly easy thing to do, given the close proximity and the unimaginable appearance of them. We followed their progress for 6-7 minutes until they dropped below the horizon. We returned to where this began, and a 3rd ship, identical in every way, made its way over us. Now we had an opportunity to perfectly revisit what we had just been through. It followed the same path as the two before it, and it passed beyond the horizon. Here's an aspect that confounds the three of us: this occurred in a densely populated suburban area on the first warm night of spring. As this was happening, we were three of us all incredulous, wondering why people weren't pouring into the street, where we were gaping in total awe at an outrageous spectacle. An hour later, I went to a convenience store ( 2 minutes drive) to tell anyone there what we saw and learn of others who had had the same sighting. No one saw them. What's more, a friend's son is a policeman in the town, and he followed up on that issue. He came up empty. We've had our conclusions: we saw them because they let us - and only us - or, we saw them because there was a very small breach in whatever that would keep them otherwise fully undetectable. I'm sure now that you can appreciate this one aspect as it stands in relation to the event. And I would appreciate your thoughts on this, because our experience would seem to be a great springboard for you.

It certainly fits the pattern.

Can you describe the 'ships' in detail? Also some general time/location stuff would be useful. Have you experienced anything 'weird' since the sighting?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

They were identical in every way. The most prominent features: 40 to 60 feet in length, so much energy-activity covering the entire surface, orange-yellow striations of energy that rose from the underside and descended from the top, giving the impression of shape shifting, in that all that activity it was nearly impossible to make out a solid contour, but I saw enough contour to describe it best as literally taking the shape made when you bring your thumbs and first fingers together with each other to form a rough triangle. They were closer to that actual shape than to a hard edged triangle. Certainly, there were no rivets, but neither were there windows. Absolutely nothing mundane. They were silent, and they left no trail - no nothing - in their wake. They moved at a consistent speed from beginning to end. They did one maneuver,which I missed, having made it to the street after my friend did. As the pair travelled side by side, one performed a quick little dip under its' mate and popped right back to position. He described the thing as a whole as a kind of audacious joyride, and he pointed to the little dip move as truly making it so. It was April 15, 2012, maybe 7 o'clock, Jersey shore town. Nothing from without has happened to me or to my brother or our friend subsequent to this, but it has changed my life in several profound ways: I certainly cannot think of any human institution or system the same way I did before this. Their exclusion of the fact of the presence of these things, their dismissal, means that disinformation is a huge part of their business. I'm in a unique position of knowing. It doesn't feel good. It makes me feel really sick about us, really. I wasn't a fan of the human race to begin with. Now I'm ashamed that we can stand to be so benighted.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Reddaysun
They did one maneuver,which I missed, having made it to the street after my friend did. As the pair travelled side by side, one performed a quick little dip under its' mate and popped right back to position.

I've seen a UFO do that little dip. IIRC its a common feature of sightings. I've seen a UFO hug terrain too and dart up into outer space at breathtaking speed from ground level.

Their exclusion of the fact of the presence of these things, their dismissal, means that disinformation is a huge part of their business. I'm in a unique position of knowing. It doesn't feel good. It makes me feel really sick about us, really. I wasn't a fan of the human race to begin with. Now I'm ashamed that we can stand to be so benighted

I know what you mean. But it isn't entirely our fault, as individuals. It's the collective unconscious. It swings one way and then the other. Back and forth an age at a time between sense and nonsense, ignorance and enlightenment, information and disinformation. We are only co-authors.

edit on 11-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

What is IIRC? It's a relief to hear that you've seen that specific behavior in these things, a huge relief. The swings of perception, of attitude, borne of the collective unconscious, are they the macrocosmic version of the swings that I act out, suffer through, and so on?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Reddaysun

What is IIRC?

It's short for 'if I remember correctly'. I remember seeing it in a list of common features.

It's a relief to hear that you've seen that specific behavior in these things, a huge relief. The swings of perception, of attitude, borne of the collective unconscious, are they the macrocosmic version of the swings that I act out, suffer through, and so on?

Yeah that's probably a good way to think of it. There's definitely a very deep connection between them and us. It's almost like we are their projections and they are ours.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Does the physical description I gave resemble any you've come across? I poured over thousands of images and found only one that roughly fit.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Reddaysun

Does the physical description I gave resemble any you've come across? I poured over thousands of images and found only one that roughly fit.

Was it a Mexican case by any chance?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Reddaysun

Doesn't ring a bell to me but its been a long time. Don't give up though I'm sure you'll find info if it's that important to you.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Not a photograph. It was an animation of a craft that appeared in some YouTube presentation, just some little filler scene, otherwise inconsequential. But it floored me.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Reddaysun
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Not a photograph. It was an animation of a craft that appeared in some YouTube presentation, just some little filler scene, otherwise inconsequential. But it floored me.

Is this close?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

No,but thank you very much for your interest. I'm very glad that I told you.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddaysun
Do you have an idea why 3 people saw these things and, apparently, no one else did? To me, it is tantamount to being in a sports arena with 30,000 others, and we're the only 3 seeing the players on the field.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join