It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Shame the article is so old...

They would have loved this. It's delicious btw.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What is truly a shame is that BK didn't have the balls to say FU...go eat somewhere else. Maybe back to your home country. Just nuts! What is next...power polls look like crosses? Oops!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I dont mind religion as long as doctrines are not forced upon us. Religon shouldnt dictate what people can and cannot do. It has turned from something spiritual to a political strategy of divide and conquor. But will this form of ignorance ever be eradicated?.. I truely doubt it..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am very new here, so I am still learning the 'ins' and 'outs.' Lol! There are emoticons?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

And this is the so-called religion of peace.

These idiots are never happy unless they declare jihad on something.

Religions should be disbanded.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
it sincerely saddens me that burger king acknowledged this, let alone that they actioned it. It actually makes me sick. This is one of the many things that is wrong with society today.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I know a real good place he could put his "offendedness" and it is the same place I would have told him to put the ice cream cone he was offended by.

BK only has themselves to blame for "hopping to" when the man screamed "jihad". I wish these companies would grow a pair and stop bowing down to every single person who claims offense at anything. It's a little out of control.

Unfortunately, I think BK did the right thing. All they need is to have a crazy Muslim throw some thing into a BK That causes destruction and I think they'd be paying out of the same place you suggested that they recommended the customer place the cone.
No, like I said, it's to bad but, we see this often when society is forced to make changes, some for the good, some for the bad.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

wrkn4livn

Kangaruex4Ewe
I know a real good place he could put his "offendedness" and it is the same place I would have told him to put the ice cream cone he was offended by.

BK only has themselves to blame for "hopping to" when the man screamed "jihad". I wish these companies would grow a pair and stop bowing down to every single person who claims offense at anything. It's a little out of control.

Unfortunately, I think BK did the right thing. All they need is to have a crazy Muslim throw some thing into a BK That causes destruction and I think they'd be paying out of the same place you suggested that they recommended the customer place the cone.
No, like I said, it's to bad but, we see this often when society is forced to make changes, some for the good, some for the bad.

I couldn't disagree more if I tried to. The reason the "jihad hissy fit" was thrown in the first place was because they have learned they can do what they want. It's blackmail with fear. Every time someone caves (like this BK) it gives them more power. Nobody should have to worry that someone will blow their business up because some petulant, spoiled, idiot didn't like the design you chose for your desert of the month.

Keep giving them what they want and next time it will be your husband/wife/child (add your own meaningful family member here) they want."it's the best thing you can do to keep people from potentially getting hurt".... then say it's sad but it's ok because society is being forced to change for good or bad.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Joke's on them; I'll never look at the symbol for Allah without flipping it sideways and seeing an ice cream now.

It's not Burger King's fault that the symbol looks like soft serve.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What I don't understand is where the notion that it's not okay for us to criticize Islam comes from. Muslim's aren't a race. They should be just as fair game for criticism and told to simmer down and keep to their temples just like Christians are in the UK.

Can you imagine a comedy show called the Imam of Dibley? I would watch that just to laugh at the sheer frothing rage I know it would induce in overzealous Muslims. If Pareidolia induced images of the word Allah are such an offence I suggest every Muslim on earth delete themselves now because I guarantee that over the course of a year their pubes/hair/beard has formed the shape of that word 1000 times over.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This is absurd. So because a loony Muslim guy looked at an ice cream swirl logo sideways they have to bend? Shame on BK for the precedence.

I mean.. this is on the level with a company giving a serious listen to a looney preacher in hyde park. I am completely cool with Muslims, I have Muslim friends, but if this was anyone but a Muslim this would be ignored I think. Wimps at BK.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Found an image

Pretty ridiculous...

Maybe it's just me but I don't really see a correlation, to me it looks like those stinky little things that our four legged friends leave for us in the yard.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Found an image

Pretty ridiculous...

Thanks for the image, and that is not EVEN close. As you say pretty ridiculous.

I can kinda see the "Monster" beverage Logo Conspiracy, but even that one is still a stretch.

(post by AbsoluteTotalStupidity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

TheOneElectric
Of course God's name would look so tasty. I'm sure God isn't offended. Hell, he/she/it/we/I/Am probably wanted it that way. Think of God and a delicious treat comes to mind, and all people hold hands in unity.

How dare this Muslim son of a gun question God's plan in making us think of delectable sweetness when reading God's name. How dare he!

On a serious note I have to ask if I hit my head or something? Were human beings always this insane? I cannot fathom how someone could be upset over this, and this is me understanding some sacrilege that comes with depictions of God/symbols in the Islamic faith. This man is crazy and this particular faith has gone off the deep end. Abraham, your sons are crazy.

Yes, we have. Think of the witch trials.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

nixie_nox

TheOneElectric
Of course God's name would look so tasty. I'm sure God isn't offended. Hell, he/she/it/we/I/Am probably wanted it that way. Think of God and a delicious treat comes to mind, and all people hold hands in unity.

How dare this Muslim son of a gun question God's plan in making us think of delectable sweetness when reading God's name. How dare he!

On a serious note I have to ask if I hit my head or something? Were human beings always this insane? I cannot fathom how someone could be upset over this, and this is me understanding some sacrilege that comes with depictions of God/symbols in the Islamic faith. This man is crazy and this particular faith has gone off the deep end. Abraham, your sons are crazy.

Yes, we have. Think of the witch trials.

Yes, we did have those.
I am kind of glad people don't forget that, so we can see how much we have progressed since then.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AbsoluteTotalStupidity

Made me spit my coffee everywhere

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join