It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It is remarkably similar now I see the comparison.

I agree that there's just too much whining going on these days. However I also believe that when somebody says they are offended, they are. To call a jihad though is going overboard.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Zeppp
What it all boils down to for you Brits is 14th century a$$ backwards men in dresses are telling you how to eat your ice cream. It's so sad to see the once great nation of England reduced to having no guns and not even allowed to drink beer on the streets in Sharia zones of your own country without some barbarian shouting Allah Snackbar and lopping off your head.

We are allowed (certain) firearms in the UK, it is our right, it is up to the police to prove someone is not fit to own one.

There are no Sharia zones in the UK, there was a bunch of Islamists running around putting stickers up claiming you had entered a Sharia controlled area....the police and councils had to go around removing them.

I do admit that far too many establishments are bending over backwards not to offend certain people over ridiculous things, this story about Burger King is definitely one of them.
edit on 7/1/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
OK couple things
It does look remarkably similar, even where the logo and other stuff is placed above it.
If it was a coincidence, hand of god at work, maybe Musi's should be eating more BK icecream.
If it was on purpose I dont see how it was insulting, its not like it was a box of pork lard
Is BK Halal in the UK? In Australia we have bacon burgers so Muslims cant eat there anyway
The guy should have been charged, he threatened the guy who designed it
God I hate religion

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

zanysami
This, uh..

This happened in 2005, guys.

WTG

- zS
edit on 7-1-2014 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

Good find. While it's not breaking news, I think the reaction itself is worthy of discussion. Ever notice how often family guy or other shows are willing to go the extra mile when it comes to poking fun at Christianity, yet hesitant to insult islam?

I've always found that strange. It's almost like the world knows full well that the other cheek will be turned, so it's open season on one religion, and PC kowtowing to the others.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Zeppp
What it all boils down to for you Brits is 14th century a$$ backwards men in dresses are telling you how to eat your ice cream. It's so sad to see the once great nation of England reduced to having no guns and not even allowed to drink beer on the streets in Sharia zones of your own country without some barbarian shouting Allah Snackbar and lopping off your head.

Last time I looked BK was an American owned company. And according to the article they decided to remove the ice cream without any demand from the British government.

And can you indicate where these "Sharia" zones are? I'll answer that. No, cos they don't exist.

You shouldn't believe everything your EDl mates show you in the Daily Mail.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I resent how my world is being slyly compromised and blackmailed in order to suit some foreign religion and its participants. Slowly little things are being altered and its the giving into these demands rather than saying, if you don't like this culture, perhaps you should try living within a culture that is better suited to your ideals and wishes. You don't have the right to inflict your beliefs either by request or threat onto other people.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What is a Muslim doing in Burger King?
They put BACON on cheeseburgers!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I was so hoping for something outrageously wonderful when I saw the title. Like "this whipped cream looks like Jesus and it's wrong to stick a straw in His face!"

I'm reminded of Eddie Izzard's joke about a guy threatening jihad on everybody. "Fruit shop short changed me! [beeping] jihad on them!"

I bet most of this guy's friends are like "Oh, no, here comes Mister Holy Roller with the stupid Burger King thing again. Trying to get out of his turn to make a coffee run."

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I'm surprised some enterprising blokes haven't sprayed such outraged . . . critters . . . with bacon grease

and parachuted them into . . . interesting places.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

And the even sadder fact is that it happened at all! I don't care if it happened in 1995, it's idiotic just the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Bin laden might be dead and we might have troops crawling over half the ME and drones patroling the skys of the areas we dont.

But this just shows we lost the war on terrorism.

When we are so scared that we bend every time some muslim wack job screams jihad over something stupid as a ice cream lid it means we lost.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Geeeze ... it's obviously the outline of a chocolate ice cream cone.
The guy who complained is a complete moron.
I would have told him where he could shove his icecream .....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Reminds me of the trouble Mecca bingo halls had a few years ago..people are not only way too sensitive about their beliefs, to the point of insanity.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

HAHAHA...

I just had a thought! Burger King should put your facepalm monkey on the lid!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I have seen the picture of the previous lid of these desserts, and all I can say is, if the unfortunate, gormless moron who got offended by them really thought that the chocolate sauce line looked like the comparison photo of the name of God, then he should be:

a) Prevented from driving, since his eyes clearly cannot make out the distinction between characters in an alphabet, and a sauce drape.

b) Given therapy, since he clearly has a persecution complex.

c) Given spiritual counseling by elders of his faith, since seeing attacks on his faith in ICE CREAM would indicate that far from strong, his faith is weak.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Back away from my gordita you infidel. LOL.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why do Muslims find the name of their God so offensive??

I mean come on....

If I saw an ice cream cone in a Muslim country with the name Jehovah I wouldn't threaten to kill people... I would laugh about it....

In fact I was once served breakfast in Spain by a guy called Jesus... did I threaten a holy war???

Muslims are seriously conflicted and about 300 years behind the times socially!!!

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wait - the article stated that Burger King is withdrawing the item... It doesn't sound like they were FORCED to. It sounds like they freely decided to withdraw it. Which is their choice. I may not agree with it, but it IS their choice. This is on Burger King, not anyone else.

Everyone has the right to be offended and try to change things. If they are successful, more power to them. If Burger King wants to cater to Muslims (or anyone), it's certainly their right.

I think it's stupid, but that's freedom for ya!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

TheOneElectric
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Behead those who insult ICE CREAM

Yes! Jihad on those who desecrate the creamy frozen goodness.
And people think of Muslims as dessert people.
Apostasy I tell you!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
Wait - the article stated that Burger King is withdrawing the item... It doesn't sound like they were FORCED to. It sounds like they freely decided to withdraw it. Which is their choice. I may not agree with it, but it IS their choice. This is on Burger King, not anyone else.

Everyone has the right to be offended and try to change things. If they are successful, more power to them. If Burger King wants to cater to Muslims (or anyone), it's certainly their right.

I think it's stupid, but that's freedom for ya!

I see.....

So a man holds a gun to your head and says I want you to sit down....

The man siting was his choice then???

Korg....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join