It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police declare 'we do not have time for this' and shoot 18 year old boy in front of parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow...uh, I am at a loss here. Not all police are bad like not all doctors are good. There are all types of people. However, in Brunswick County, officers declare they have no time for doing their job and shoot a child of 18 in cold blood in front of this parents. He weighed under 100 lbs. Police had been called to the address many times so I guess after so many they just kill now?

I am a very staunch LEO advocate as they are always portrayed in a bad light but this is, I have no words. As a father, if I had weapons in my home, I would have shot the officer and been shot myself.

A call for help should not be a call for murder...

Link

wo North Carolina parents are in shock after local police shot and killed their 18-year-old son in their own home, while they watched helplessly.

The family called police because they were worried about their son, Keith Vidal, who is schizophrenic and suffers from depression, according to local news. Vidal, armed with a small screwdriver, was apparently having a psychotic episode. Mark Wilsey, Vidal’s father, called the authorities to help deal with the situation.

An officer from the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office and another from the Boiling Spring Lakes police department showed up to the house soon after. Eventually, a third officer from the Southport police department entered the home as well, and ordered the use of tasers to subdue Vidal. According to Wilsey, Vidal was pinned on the ground by two of the officers when a third said, “we don’t have time for this,” and shot Vidal, killing him.

Vidal had just turned 18, and weighed a mere 90 pounds. He couldn’t have hurt anyone with the screwdriver, and had no history of violence according to family and friends.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

This is over the top and he should be charged with second degree murder at the least. If he had been to the residence before I would charge 1st degree...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gee. I wonder what would happen if a bunch of people went down to the local police station and just started shooting cops in the face screaming "we don't have time for this!"
edit on 6-1-2014 by dashen because: ""

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow, are we sure that it wasn't the shooter having a violent psychotic episode
I know there is always 2 sides to the story but holy # (moly) It is certainly tragic for this family I hope justice prevails.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join