It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this book about these "lines" above the earth is called?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Are you talking about the "giant ribbon"?

The ribbon runs perpendicular to the direction of the galactic magnetic field just outside the heliosphere, as shown in the illustration below.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Found it...This New Ocean by William Burrows. Its about the the beginning years of space exploration among other things.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

FeistyFemme
Found it...This New Ocean by William Burrows. Its about the the beginning years of space exploration among other things.

Suuure it was!! You just had to find something so we didn't think you were hallucinating .

Kidding. glad you found it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How about this one:
What's a pretty girl like you doing in space like this?

Or, try this one:
Someone must have shot you with a phaser set on 'stunning'.

Bah, nevermind. None of my lines are out of this world.
Sorry I couldn't help.
Good luck with the book though.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The description would suggest a book about some new discovery or something written by a scientist about Earth's Magnetic Field but it is a journalist written book about the history of space exploration.
edit on 6-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

So I was off a little bit about the author...anywho, found the book. Case closed.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

LOL nice one

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Hooooooolllllllliiiiiiiieeeeeeeee, you blinded me with your avatar lol. Sorry I can't even remember what I was going to say lol. I can't get that image out of mind. Name like hollies, well did not picture that guy lol. Mods you can delete if you want. I had something to say but then that fat belly popped in and we'll might have to log off for bit lol.........

The Bot

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

FeistyFemme
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

So I was off a little bit about the author...anywho, found the book. Case closed.

Sooooo... what exactly are these lines above Earth that you can see through a telescope? I will not give up until you tell me!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
No case closed until you tell us what the lines are ...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Perhaps 'the ''lines'' were referring to the books' cover.
edit on 7-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think I know the book you are referring to. Not totally sure, but I think i heard it mentioned in a fairly new documentary about the moon. where someone colored the moon. Anyway, near the end of the documentary they mention this book book which had very long lines in space around the planets and thought they could maybe be used as elevators or something. I'll have a quick look and see if I can find the book I'm talking about, if this is in fact what you are talking about.

Sorry, see that you found it.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Rhodin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FeistyFemme

I know what you are talking about.

I ran into them when I was doing pyramid research specifically stuff about Bosnia pyramids.

It's a blue cover with a earth horizon in pink or some color and like 3 lines going up...... I'll see what I can find

...OK see that you found it, that's the one I remember heh, i was intrigued but never looked into it.
edit on 7-1-2014 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
No case closed until you tell us what the lines are ...

Yep I gotta agree on this one

WHERE IS MY LINES?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

www.amazon.com...

This New Ocean is based on 175 interviews with Russian and American scientists and engineers; on archival documents, including formerly top-secret National Intelligence Estimates and spy satellite pictures; and on nearly three decades of reporting. The impressive result is this fascinating story--the first comprehensive account--of the space age. Here are the strategists and war planners; engineers and scientists; politicians and industrialists; astronauts and cosmonauts; science fiction writers and journalists; and plain, ordinary, unabashed dreamers who wanted to transcend gravity's shackles for the ultimate ride. The story is written from the perspective of a witness who was present at the beginning and who has seen the conclusion of the first space age and the start of the second.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Does anyone on here know the title and/or author of a book that's about these very long lines that hover above/around the earth? It was written by a guy who use to work for NASA and wrote about the strange lines above the earth that go for MILES. I've been going crazy trying to figure it out so I need help please and thank you!

There are no invisible lines like I was promised...

I want my money back or at least my time!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

i found this photos online of william burrows book

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5
In the first two images, it looks like pixel artifacts.

So the mistery of the lines continues, and the OP doesn't even want to give us an explanation.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Hey, The third photo You posted is what I was thinking of when I read this OP's title. I saw some images of these lines that ran straight outwards of this planet, and some that were straight outwards of the Moon! If You can imagine someones hair standing straight out of their head, from static electricity, is what these lines looked like. I believe they were images taken by a satelite, or two, through certain filters. They looked to me like a type of space elevator or something like that...... But they were pretty thin, if I remember right, so I don't know exactly what their purpose, or origin was, or how they were created, or by whom. It was several years ago that I saw the images of which I mentioned...... Just sayin...... Syx.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I would like to find out more on this subject , i have heard little whispers here and there on the net . but hopefully someone here knows some more on this subject

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join