It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD a fake disorder, neurologist-turned-author says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I thought I would just add this article into the mix.

Why French Kids Don't Have ADHD

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Do I think that ADD/ADHD is a legit disease? Depends...

Do I believe that medication is helpful to some who are diagnosed with it? Yes...

It's hard to say being that I've not been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, even though my brain is all over the place at times, but who's isn't? I've tried it once, and all it did was keep me up all night. But to each is own...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

ADHD does not exist. The pharmaceutical companies did not invent it. It was devised by the intelligence agencies within the government system. I believe they are using this as a cover for controlling the ability of a huge part of the population's ability to think in an independent cognizant way. Coupled with the intense misinformation machine and brainwashing capabilities of educational systems, especially "higher education", a majority of the "educated" population, which believe themselves to be the free thinking and problem solving minority, are actually the most ignorant, zombified salve thinkers of all.
--I believe antidepressants (which I was tricked into taking for nearl 10 years) are taken by 40+ % of our entire post teen population for the same reasons.
edit on 6-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Second, ritalin safe? I was prescribed that junk once. Took it once and never again. That stuff is awful.

Agree , when i was around 13 i had to took Ritalin , 3 times a day , dont know what doses anymore , But sure concentration went up , and while playing soccer i would score 7 goals instead of the usual 2/3.

But when you hear your parents tell the doctor : We are taking our boy off this stuff because he isnt like our son anymore you know what kind off stuff you are dealing with.

But i have learned to live with it , and still learning everyday , i already have achieved many things i couldnt possibly believe 10 years ago.

But still , Think less and Do more is still really hard for me.

TheGreazel.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Ummm...The great wheel of ATS rolls around...the stars align...serendipity rises from her slumber...and I find myself in agreement with you.....There IS a GOD and miracles do happen...

Is that Krazy......or what?

To think that my child hood exuberance and bountiful energy might have led to speedball therapy if I had been just one shy generation later than I was...When I see my nephew with his permanent blood flushed hands...the emasculated stare...and realize that he'll probably die an early death from cardiac failure...it makes me.........ill.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hm. Has anyone considered that ADD/ADHD might be beneficial in some way, perhaps in a natural environment, and that human civilization is the disorder?

My cousin was diagnosed with ADHD. He reminded me a bit of myself at his age; very smart, inquisitive, tons of energy. He had a problem with being told what to do, and how to act, but if he was interested in something he would be all over it. If he weren't confined to a desk in a classroom and forced to march in lock step with kids who moved slower than him and instead left to his own devices with a bit of non-obstructive guidance, he could be years ahead of his peers. Instead, he's medicated (it hurts to see him in his medicated state, sluggish and depressed with a glazed look in the eyes...) and put in "modified" classes.

The one-size-fits-all education system is seriously @%&#'d-up if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Interesting......if you do not diagnose it, you don't have to treat it, index it or declare it. I am surprised then France has anyone with ADHD at all. I wonder if we can do that with Cancer maybe we can blame it on stress, not call it a disease but a mental condition and treat it using psychology and psychologists (who's knowledge are unbounded and have no end).
What a bunch of nonsense. ADHD a very contentious issue, if you want to sell books.....and hurt the affected children, be the devil's advocate!
God help the children. It is not caused by sugar or preservatives in food. Yes a better diet will help but a better diet will also improve a normal child's behavior too.
Listen to the scientist who study this with strict industry standards and guidelines, not the hillbilly medicine man or the gossip on the web. Listen to your doctor, most are in the field of medicine to help, not hurt people.
I remember reading an article a couple of years ago that the regulating gland in the brain shrivels away if left untreated but remains in tact (though dysfunctional) when treated. This leaves hope for a cure in the future for the affected children. Don't do it as a parent and expect a lawsuit from your children later on in life if their gland shrivels away and can't be cured because of your ignorance.
statistically, children properly diagnosed and treated go on and live successful lives. Non-treated fail to compete with their classmates (though could be incredibly smarter than) and end up in a diminished role in society the rest of their lives.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

bigbiy666
reply to post by nugget1

It may work with some. But would you say the same if the yp was very tall and well built. Is it fair for them that they cannot control their own behaviors. At least with meds they have a choice of self medication...

I would say that if it were a young ,well built person early intervention was not done.

The longer ADD/ADHD is not addressed, the harder it becomes for the person to learn coping mechanisms.

You obviously have a good heart, and wish to help others. You were trained to believe that there is medication to help control illness. I would challenge to investigate honest, scientific research into alternate treatments.

Many, many health issues can be mitigated, sometimes eliminated, with common sense methods.

More and more people are becoming sensitive to pollutants in our environment and food.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

brice
reply to post by sueloujo

Interesting......if you do not diagnose it, you don't have to treat it, index it or declare it. I am surprised then France has anyone with ADHD at all. I wonder if we can do that with Cancer maybe we can blame it on stress, not call it a disease but a mental condition and treat it using psychology and psychologists (who's knowledge are unbounded and have no end).
What a bunch of nonsense. ADHD a very contentious issue, if you want to sell books.....and hurt the affected children, be the devil's advocate!
God help the children. It is not caused by sugar or preservatives in food. Yes a better diet will help but a better diet will also improve a normal child's behavior too.
Listen to the scientist who study this with strict industry standards and guidelines, not the hillbilly medicine man or the gossip on the web. Listen to your doctor, most are in the field of medicine to help, not hurt people.
I remember reading an article a couple of years ago that the regulating gland in the brain shrivels away if left untreated but remains in tact (though dysfunctional) when treated. This leaves hope for a cure in the future for the affected children. Don't do it as a parent and expect a lawsuit from your children later on in life if their gland shrivels away and can't be cured because of your ignorance.
statistically, children properly diagnosed and treated go on and live successful lives. Non-treated fail to compete with their classmates (though could be incredibly smarter than) and end up in a diminished role in society the rest of their lives.

Yes, lets indeed take the word of a scientist. Maybe the guy who found it, would be best to listen too....

"(NaturalNews) If you or someone you know has a child that has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), chances are the child is actually just fine. At least this is what the "father" of ADHD, Leon Eisenberg, would presumably say if he were still alive. On his death bed, this psychiatrist and autism pioneer admitted that ADHD is essentially a "fictitious disease," which means that millions of young children today are being needlessly prescribed severe mind-altering drugs that will set them up for a life of drug addiction and failure."

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz2pfRC0XxT

Oh and since you brought up cancer, it is curable and has been for over 50 years. Vitamin B17, Amygdalin, or Laetrile, same substance, its free in seeds so the Big Pharma can not patent it and make money off of it, so they outlawed it instead. Hey cant have healthy people, they would start thinking critically then what would happen.

Of course since I am not a doctor, this is just my opinion, even though thousands of people have been cured by their own admission, and many more take it daily to prevent cancer. I find it sad that if I was a doctor. It would be illegal for me to say that??? Even though it has been used successfully for 30 years at the good samaritan clinic in Mexico.

edit on 6-1-2014 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Of course its fake. And it has been argued by leading doctors in various fields for some time as being fake.

Of course everyone diagnosed with it, and then drugged up- will argue it is real. it is not.

And those downing pills to "fix" this fake problem are simply throwing reality out the window and buying big pharma another house, boat, car, at the expense of feeling like a victim to biology.

There has never been, and never will be, a test that shows a physical difference or disruption in the minds of ADHD/ADD folks.

Why? Cus its a fabrication created to hustle and move drugs. Nothing more.

Sadly they will continue to pump our children (and unsuspecting and accepting adults) into thinking they have a special problem that drugs can only fix. Its sad really…but hey, when 90% of all your friends "brag" about their condition as they swallow more and more pills to fix what is not broken, you end up telling this to a blank-eyed wall that has no interest in what is true…they just want to feel like a victim and accept that they are mentally broken.

Swallow some more pills…get those people rich!

HUGS!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AmenStop

As I pointed out in the thread about Eisenberg, he was hardly the father of ADHD. He did some early research on it but it was fairly minimal. On top of that if one goes back to the original German article what Eisenberg actually says is that ADHD is overdiagnosed. Then again Natural News never let the facts get in the way of a story.
edit on 1/6/2014 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well duh! Any medical doctor could have told you this years ago. Besides, all the kids that would have been ADHD are autistic now

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anyone bother to read the article linked at the top of this page?

From this post .

I mean, 1/18th the rate of ADHD in France compared to the US, and I'm supposed to believe this is a legit "disease" or "disorder".

Whoever thinks that is ... bonkers.

Rear your children correctly for their needs, and make sure they eat real friggin' foods.

Why is it that the most severe cases of ADHD almost always involve twinkies, a pack of sodas daily, and other food-like substances in the diet?!

C'mon, guys and gals, you can do better than this!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Krazysh0tIf this doesn't drive home that this disease was made up by the pharmaceutical companies to make more money, I don't know what will.

It wasn't made up by pharma, it was made up by teachers that suck at teaching. People with ADHD are crisis thinkers and it's being suppressed instead of encouraged.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

Curious. I excel at on the fly adaptations and am totally calm and "take control" in crisis when best.

Any info to back that up? I'd consume it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Most of these BS disorder are just made up to sell one form or another type of medication and to label people!!

But Americans love their terminologies and counseling and all that medication!!

Now we will get people on here who say " I have actually been diagnosed with it, so it does exist!!" - I say to them, you are fooled and weak!! Enjoy your meds and your medical label!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

nugget1
I challenge all of you who claim to have ADHD, or have a child with ADHD to go on a fruit/ vegetable/ whole grain( NON GMO, of course!) diet for 30 days and tell me you find no difference.

I'll bet not a one of you will be willing to fore go your 'convenience' foods, soda and fast foods to prove me wrong. You'd rather starve- or pop a pill.

There's a lot of clinical evidence supporting that, especially if the diet also includes a healthy degree of animal fat and protein (though no dairy). I know my kids respond amazingly to it. Their diet consists primarily of organic fruit and veggies, game (mostly moose and caribou) and wild caught salmon, and ancient grains. It isn't a subsistence diet because we do buy most of the fruit, veggies, and of course the grains, but it's a lot closer to a subsistence diet than the average child is fed. It's beyond ridiculous to poison children with chemical cocktails then feed them another poisonous chemical pill to offset the symptoms of the original posioning.

I watched this first hand with my sister. I am thirteen years older than she is, and when I was 26, she visited me for a week. She had been diagnosed with ADHD at the tender age of five. My Mom read a lot about the "disorder", and told us how much red dye and artificial flavorings affect the brain, and decided she was allergic to these chemicals. We thought she was a little cuckoo. My husband and I decided to let her have some things she could not normally have while she was with my Mom.

During a round of the game "Sorry", we let her have a Reese's peanut butter cup, and let me say that was a big mistake. Not ten minutes later she was pacing around the table over and over, saying she needed to "run". She could not focus or concentrate, much less sit still. It was really sad to watch, and I felt really bad.

I have a theory about this "disorder", and I am no doctor, so take it as you will. I have observed that a LOT of kids with this "disorder" are pretty bright. In regards to my sister, her IQ would allow her to join Mensa, (that is if she could focus long enough to complete their tests, LOL). But, I suspect like a Ferrari, people with high performing brains need a better fuel to run efficiently, or at least a decent fuel without excessive chemicals and pesticides and sugars. Perhaps with all of extra those neural connections, there is a whole lot of fuel burning going on, and some need a little bit extra vitamin B, etc., to run at full speed. I don't think our current available dietary choices on average provide us with the requirements needed. Perhaps certain chemicals introduced with deficiencies creates a problem, I really don't know, and I do realize that not all bright kids have issues with this.

I do know from personal experience, that a high protein, high fat, low carbohydrate diet helps me focus as well as balancing my hormones. Sugar, especially, is a huge problem for me. I thought I read recently that the FDA just banned a certain yellow dye. I need to do more research, but if that is so, I won't lend any credibility to the FDA to vouch for food safety in the future.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Another thing to add... on the ppl who have "ADHD" and take the meth salts, and slow down... um, don't you realize that the human body has governors, and will only allow you to go so high until it auto corrects?

That happens with the same type that isn't sold over the counter. You take too much, and the body shuts down a bit.

So what this means for people who "don't have ADHD" is that they can still bump up a few notches, so are sped up. The people already wired, erm who "have ADHD" will reach that threshold more easily, and get "calmed down".

Make sense?!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

sueloujo
I thought I would just add this article into the mix.

Why French Kids Don't Have ADHD

www.psychologytoday.com...

The one thing the article leaves out, is the huge difference in diet and exercise between the French and Americans. I think this is a multi-faceted issue.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
To all those people claiming ADHD was created by Big Pharma to sell drugs you're missing one important key piece of information. ADHD has been around under one name or another long before we had a psychopharmacological treatment for it. For example Sir Alexander Crichton wrote of a condition he called mental restlessness in 1798 which pretty much matches ADD to a T. In the modern era we have George Still clearly describing ADHD in 1902. Big Pharma must be an insidious one indeed to create a disorder before they even existed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join